REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 09-15-2009, 08:42 AM   #1
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

General Rule for Prohibition?

Hey guys I just wanted to ask something about speeding tickets / suspension etc. I looked around the forum and couldnt find a good answer

So back in the day (2004 Nov) I received an Excessive Speeding ticket while N but i was lucky to be out only on probation.

fast forward, last year (oct 2008) i got dinged for speeding (1-20km) on marine drive. whatever, i sped, so i paid it up.

last month (aug 2009), i received a speeding ticket (1-20km) + crossing on solid white line, but i was only going at the speed of traffic and i got unlucky because i happened to be right in front of the cop. I am contemplating whether to dispute this one. The officer was nice about it so its nothing against him.

taking this kind of record into consideration, would it be possible for a prohibition? i need to drive for work.

thanks in advance.
Advertisement
jackmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:25 AM   #2
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

What are you disputing though? You sped and you admitted it. Although, I do understand that going the traffic flow seems to be the normal thing to do, but because you really did speed, then the JP can't really do much about it even if you go to court. As for suspension, are you on N or do you have your full Class 5 license?
wing_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:59 AM   #3
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wing_woo View Post
What are you disputing though? You sped and you admitted it. Although, I do understand that going the traffic flow seems to be the normal thing to do, but because you really did speed, then the JP can't really do much about it even if you go to court. As for suspension, are you on N or do you have your full Class 5 license?
class 5, i got it after i got the first ticket

the speed part im probably doing 90 in 80 zone? northbound right lane on knight street right before bridgeport where people merge out from (near ikea at that big turn)
jackmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:49 AM   #4
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Unfortunately, 90 in 80 zone is still speeding. If you are a Class 5, and you got 2 speeding tickets, then you 'should' be ok, but anything can happen if they decide to review your record. Also, I don't know what you got for crossing the solid white line. I'm guessing you have a total of 9 points now (2 speeding and one other infraction)? I think, but don't quote me on it, but with a Class 5, 9 points won't get you suspended unless you did something like excessive speeding or so. However, if you still had an N, then you'd be most likely looking at a suspension with that.
wing_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 07:35 PM   #5
Retired Traffic Cop

The guide to sanctions by the Superintendent based on points is in the sticky "how many points do I get for..."

Learn more at DriveSmartBC
skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 07:57 PM   #6
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

While on probation with a Class 7N, any violation ticket with points (such as simple speeding) will eventually have that license prohibited, is that right?
hear-it-first is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:06 PM   #7
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,185 Times in 304 Posts
you get prohibited after receiving 4 points on your license if you have a Class 7N. A speeding ticket is 3 points. Most other tickets are two points, and then the big tickets and 4 point and up. so, if you get one simple speeding ticket while you have your N, you do not get prohibited. Get a tticket for anything else, you los your license and have to start your N all over again... If you have a class 5, you will not lose your license for 4 points... heck it took 10 points in a year for me to lose mine... to the OP, you will be fine, you don't have to dispute the last ticket if you don't want to

A car can be only 2 out of the 3.
xpl0sive is offline   Reply With Quote