REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 10-29-2009, 11:03 PM   #26
I don't get it

^ I had something exactly like that last week for about 7-8 days, missed three days of classes cause of it and i felt like it was the worst sickness i've ever had. it was the worst timing too cause it was midterms and midterm paper time and i did jack shit for an entire week cause i couldnt concentrate or move grr.
I had all of your symptoms too, just add in a vomiting and nausea almost like everytime after i eat i felt nauseaus and threw up three times altogether. Saw the doctor and he said it was just a really bad flu

so thankful its gone now though

NimbeeTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 06:04 AM   #27
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jACE View Post
I got the H1N1 vaccine and Seasonal Flu shot yesterday at my workplace. One shot in each arm.. DAMN, my arms were sore like a mother this morning! Anyhow, I felt queezy the whole day. Headache, chills, fatigue. Damn, I wondered if it was better NOT to get the vaccination. Oh well too late.
jACE, what line of work are you in? i'm in healthcare and they don't start our immunizations until nov 9th... but now i'm worried about taking it.
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:22 AM   #28
Witness protection

aawww hell... just got the office memo saying our flu shots have been delayed because of supply shortages. it may not be until december before we get them at work.

we'll all be zombies by then
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
Old 10-30-2009, 08:59 PM   #29
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,800 Times in 3,897 Posts
I pay fucking $40 a year for mandatory immuniziations and they havent notified us to go in and take them yet
I thought health care workers are getting them next week (second in priority after the pregant and the elderly?

Why are they giving it to the bums first??

If you have flu symptoms please stay at home! no one likes you spewing germs at work/classes/buses.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:04 PM   #30
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
How are old people and pregnant women equated with homeless people?
Posted via RS Mobile
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:11 PM   #31

read in the paper the hobo are priority one like the preggos/seniors
that's vancouver for ya
edit: dont get me wrong i volunteer at DTES dental clinic to help the crack addicts there..but there shouldn't be shortages for the ones that are paying the tax dollars (esp those in other high risk groups)

Last edited by twitchyzero; 10-30-2009 at 09:18 PM.
Old 10-31-2009, 01:30 AM   #32
Founder, RS Veteran

ok, here's an update. Today I feel much better. My arms are still sore from the shots, but that's it. And yup I'm in health care too.

Bored? Follow jACE on Twitter or check out his homepage.
jACEDesignsLtd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:49 PM   #33
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
got the shot yesterday

got violently ill last night

still running a fever today...

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:26 PM   #34
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
read in the paper the hobo are priority one like the preggos/seniors
that's vancouver for ya
edit: dont get me wrong i volunteer at DTES dental clinic to help the crack addicts there..but there shouldn't be shortages for the ones that are paying the tax dollars (esp those in other high risk groups)
yes but if the hobo get sick they will be sure to spread their germ ALL around the area and all over the money/coins. Worst case scenerio die and rot in the streets for a few hr before being clean up.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-04-2009, 05:31 AM   #35
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

the area i got the shot on my arm is freakin so sore. feels worse than a bruise! its a bit red and feels warm to the touch.

symptoms seem to have gone away, but still feel a bit shitty.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:27 AM   #36
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by jACE View Post
ok, here's an update. Today I feel much better. My arms are still sore from the shots, but that's it. And yup I'm in health care too.
i'm non-medical staff, ie. i don't come into direct contact with patients, hence their reason for me getting bumped to the bottom on the list. however i do have to deal with other staffers who are front-line workers on a daily basis so...
Old 11-04-2009, 08:48 AM   #37
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

the reason why i was allowed and was told to get my shots is because i have a chronic illness.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors

Old 11-04-2009, 09:10 AM   #38
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by !SG View Post
the reason why i was allowed and was told to get my shots is because i have a chronic illness.
nah i think you just flashed your RS credentials and they gave u priority
Old 11-23-2009, 11:22 AM   #39
I STILL don't get it

Awe i hope you get better guys.

I wont be getting the shot nor will i allow my boyfriend to .

There are some people who have had some harsh allergic reactions to it.
Sad to hear. But i wouldnt trust it until its been out for more than 6 - 8 months.

- 84 civic -
- 89 ef -
- 93 eg -
- 92 eg built ls-v -
- 89 240 coupe sr20 -
- DD , 90 ef slammed, loud and extremely obnoxious to wake up you island drivers.
..::lazybum::.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:30 AM   #40
Witness protection

yikes 6-8 months... by that time the flu season will be over or you've already got the virus

i got my shots at work last friday. it's mandatory because i work in healthcare and i've been trying since it was made available for the general staff last monday, but there was so much demand they kept closing the clinic before it was my turn in line

by friday evening i was feeling a bit hot... woke up saturday and my arms hurt, and then sunday i couldn't get out of bed at all. the advil they gave me took some edge off all the aching... and now i'm at work and i'm still sore
Old 11-23-2009, 11:40 AM   #41
I STILL don't get it

or youll be dead from hyperventalation and extreme heart conditions FROM the shot :P

thats great that you had no allergic reaction! But not good that youre still sore! :P

You hear about the 1st comfirmed case in a cat in the state?
thats horrible, if that shit gets to any
other cats , were in for a wipe out.
That will mutate and such. Eeek!
( apparently the cat is doing fine now )

http://vetmedicine.about.com/b/2009/...lu-in-iowa.htm

- 84 civic -
- 89 ef -
- 93 eg -
- 92 eg built ls-v -
- 89 240 coupe sr20 -
- DD , 90 ef slammed, loud and extremely obnoxious to wake up you island drivers.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:24 PM   #42

still no shot for me..UBC's student health services is a joke..especially for the students that work with invasive procedures.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:47 PM   #43
My homepage has been set to RS

I just make sure to wash my hands before every meal, works great!
4doorVIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:05 PM   #44
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4doorVIP View Post
I just make sure to wash my hands before every meal, works great!
don't make me give you your first fail!
Old 11-27-2009, 09:47 PM   #45
Banned (ABWS)

Swine influenza is an infection by any one of several types of swine influenza virus. Swine influenza virus is any strain of the influenza family of viruses that is endemic in pigs.The swine flu is a global outbreak of a new strain of influenza A virus subtype H1N1, a type of swine influenza, that was first detected in March and April 2009.Swine influenza virus is common throughout pig populations worldwide. Transmission of the virus from pigs to humans is not common and does not always lead to human influenza, often resulting only in the production of antibodies in the blood.
Philia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 10:07 PM   #46

^ o rly
what's with captain obvious here spamming different threads
Old 11-28-2009, 08:00 AM   #47
I STILL don't get it

LAWL

- 84 civic -
- 89 ef -
- 93 eg -
- 92 eg built ls-v -
- 89 240 coupe sr20 -
Old 12-01-2009, 10:38 PM   #48
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

GETTING MY SHOT TOMORROW IM SCARED

BlAh~
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 01:47 AM   #49
Banned (ABWS)

Swine influenza is an infection by any one of several types of swine influenza virus. Swine influenza virus is any strain of the influenza family of viruses that is endemic in pigs.Swine influenza virus is common throughout pig populations worldwide.Transmission of the virus from pigs to humans is not common and does not always lead to human influenza, often resulting only in the production of antibodies in the blood.
Redford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:19 AM   #50
I STILL don't get it

i don't know how many times i have heard that ^^

- 84 civic -
- 89 ef -
- 93 eg -
- 92 eg built ls-v -
- 89 240 coupe sr20 -