REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   Swine Flu (https://www.revscene.net/forums/589346-swine-flu.html)

Meowjin 09-15-2009 01:05 PM

Swine Flu

So there could be a real possibility that I have swine flu. I'm going to pass some info on to people so they don't fuck up.

1) call 811 to explain your symptoms

2) stay at home and quarantine yourself

3) if you have to see a doctor call ahead even if it's a walkin clinic. Because they will meet you at the backdoor.

4) it's like the regular flu, just effects the elderly a little more.

CRS 09-15-2009 03:32 PM

"affects"

And :werd:

Thanks for the tips? Since apparently RS members will use RS before doing anything.

chileanwinehous 09-27-2009 04:55 PM

ive been sick for 6 days.

jACEDesignsLtd 09-27-2009 06:15 PM

My co-worker was diagnosed with the swine flu. She's over it now. Just be sure to wash your hands religiously.

JSALES 09-27-2009 07:49 PM

i heard Notre Dame and St. Patrick's high school had to close down for a couple days because some kids got swine flu

Harvey Specter 09-29-2009 04:33 AM

My family doctor just returned to work a few days ago after catching the swine flu from one of his patients who returned from Cuba. He was telling me how for like 3 days he couldn't even move his arms or legs and just lay in bed for 3 days straight. On the 4th and 5th day he was vomiting and had diarrhea, 6th and 7th day he was finally able to move around a bit but he still couldn't eat. He said it was one of the worst things he's ever gone through. Pretty scary.

!Yaminashi 09-29-2009 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jACE (Post 6611370)
My co-worker was diagnosed with the swine flu. She's over it now. Just be sure to wash your hands religiously.

The sad part is alot of people actually dont wash their hands regularly. Not even after using the washroom. Its fuckin disgusting.
And they wonder why everyone gets sick..Fuckin idiots

chileanwinehous 09-29-2009 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach Hines (Post 6613690)
The sad part is alot of people actually dont wash their hands regularly. Not even after using the washroom. Its fuckin disgusting.
And they wonder why everyone gets sick..Fuckin idiots

I dont wash hande after I pee. I just pull it out without touching and flush with toe. I dont even close the bathrrom door.:thumbsup:

hal0g0dv2 09-29-2009 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chileanwinehous (Post 6614071)
I dont wash hande after I pee. I just pull it out without touching and flush with toe. I dont even close the bathrrom door.:thumbsup:

hahaha werd

dieselbox9 10-08-2009 08:53 AM

how the heck do you pull it out without touching it? are you sure about that?

_Hotsauce_ 10-08-2009 10:01 AM

If it hasn't been mentioned already, cough into your mid arm, NEVER into your hands. I hate riding the bus as people just cough with out covering, or cough into their hands then start touching everything. UG

Next big flu is the Turtle-Flu! It's gunna kill us allllllllll

CRS 10-08-2009 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Hotsauce_ (Post 6626710)
If it hasn't been mentioned already, cough into your mid arm, NEVER into your hands. I hate riding the bus as people just cough with out covering, or cough into their hands then start touching everything. UG

Next big flu is the Turtle-Flu! It's gunna kill us allllllllll

It has to be sheep/goat flu or duck. There is nothing else in the farms to infect. Maybe turkey but that's infringing on avian flu.

So when we go down the list of farm animals (that we eat) we already have:

Cow - Mad Cow
Chicken - Avian Flu
Pigs - Swine Flu

So what's left? Goat/sheep, ducks and that's pretty much it...

Harvey Specter 10-08-2009 02:14 PM

You think the bus is bad, try flying. I just got back from TO this past weekend and I've been sick ever since. Thankfully I feel much better today.

LemonH2O 10-08-2009 04:48 PM

Prevention is pretty much common sense, washing your hands, avoiding touching your face when you're in public is a big one, too.

I also heard this on the radio the other day, drink plenty of water and apparently, the good bacteria in Probiotic yogurt would help in prevention too.

I carry around a box of those anti-bacterial wet wipes in the car. Wipe your hands after grocery shopping, etc. Clean your steering wheel regularly too, that apparently collects more bacteria than your toilet seat.

Hondaracer 10-08-2009 08:01 PM

i had the flu starting tuesday morning, was puking and diareaha not too often, but fairly regularaly since then, today im pretty much 90% better and going back to work tom, wasnt too bad so i dunno if it was swine, but pretty sure it was the flu

Harvey Specter 10-08-2009 09:23 PM

I had diarrhea for a day but i quickly popped imodium. Yesterday I was fine but my stomach was in knots. Today, no stomach issues but I have a mild cough, head and teeth hurt but nothing major. Ran 5km+ all 3 days so I know it's not the swine flu. Oh, how I love flu season.

shenmecar 10-09-2009 08:55 AM

I caught a cold last week. Headache, sore throat, shivering and runny nose.

NeoCitran works like magic though. :thumbsup:

Graeme S 10-11-2009 01:18 AM

I teach ESL downtown and some of these kids treat their education more faithfully than their religion (and they're Koreans, so they take their religion pretty seriously).

I hate it when my students show up sick or feverish and then WON'T LEAVE despite knowing that they're going to get others sick. Fucking disgusts me.

..::lazybum::.. 10-26-2009 03:12 PM

i Just got the h1n1 flu on saturday... out of no where.
when the doctor says " youll know if you have h1n1 because the next day you will feel like youre dieing "

It wasnt "just" a regular flu, it is probobly one of the worst experiences ive gone through, feel pretty bad for anyone else who goes through it or has died from it as well.
Horrible.
104 temperature
chills
vomiting
passing out
trouble breathing for my self
confusion/hallucinations

the list goes on.. but the symptoms are a lot like regular flu just 8x's worse.

Was quarantined at a walk-in ; mask and put in a corner. ( LOL )
Fainted at walmart waiting for my tamiflu pills and resperatory pills.
Needed oxygen because it attacked my resperatory system so bad.

I doubt many men well get it, there hasent been to many stories of it.
so far its affecting young women and children.
Just keep the sanitizer in your pocket! :)

dont get sick guys! ..oink oink oink!

MR_BIGGS 10-26-2009 03:29 PM

At Canucks games, the number of men you see walking out of the washrooms zipping up their jeans is disgusting. Many people do not wash their hands after going to the washroom. The outbreak for the swine flu is believed to be coming in about 3-4 weeks.

Are people going to get the vaccination? I have mixed feelings about it. It hasn't been tested and we don't know the long terms effects or any effects of it. Health professionals are saying if you don't get the swine flu this year you'll get it next year and so on. I just don't know if I want to get it the vaccination. I take all the precautions I can. I swear I wash my hands like 50 times a day.

TripleSoul 10-26-2009 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MR_BIGGS (Post 6654399)
At Canucks games, the number of men you see walking out of the washrooms zipping up their jeans is disgusting. Many people do not wash their hands after going to the washroom. The outbreak for the swine flu is believed to be coming in about 3-4 weeks.

Are people going to get the vaccination? I have mixed feelings about it. It hasn't been tested and we don't know the long terms effects or any effects of it. Health professionals are saying if you don't get the swine flu this year you'll get it next year and so on. I just don't know if I want to get it the vaccination. I take all the precautions I can. I swear I wash my hands like 50 times a day.

I recently had to read up on this and from my biased opinion i think ppl should get the vaccine. if you're at risk (pregnant women, health care workers or young child) even more so. I just think if you weigh the risks and benefits you will do better with the vaccine. I see a lot of diff ppl where i work so i will be getting it.

the number of ppl who died from swine flu (aka spanish flu) after world war 1 was 3-7x greater than the deaths from the war itself (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_flu)

Many are scared the vaccine will be a repeat of the 1976 fiasco when there was a flu vaccine that supposedly "caused" ppl to get an auto immune disease. they found that 1 additional person out of 1 million vaccinated people may be at risk for GBS associated with the seasonal influenza vaccine (http://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/vaccination/gbs_qa.htm). Even so, this cause was not proven

here is a place to monitor h1n1 in our province:
http://www.bccdc.ca/resourcematerial...anSwineFlu.htm

still your choice in the end...

Ikkaku 10-26-2009 06:41 PM

Currently I think I'm in the beginning stages of it. Was feeling sick during the weekend, and this morning I started getting a fever. I mean, it wasn't crazy like the one lazybum has, mine was about 100F.

With that said, my mom was told to go home to quarantine on thursday, and she has been pretty miserable the past few days. I, on the other hand have not felt as miserable as she has. I've been taking 1000mg vitamin C pills, popping coldfx/tylenol flu and taking tamiflu. Hopefully I won't feel the full effects of it :(

Right now I've experienced a fever, chills, tiny bit of body ache, runny nose and lots of coughing.

thumper 10-28-2009 07:15 AM

http://www.revscene.net/forums/pictu...pictureid=1883

jACEDesignsLtd 10-29-2009 08:35 PM

I got the H1N1 vaccine and Seasonal Flu shot yesterday at my workplace. One shot in each arm.. DAMN, my arms were sore like a mother this morning! Anyhow, I felt queezy the whole day. Headache, chills, fatigue. Damn, I wondered if it was better NOT to get the vaccination. Oh well too late.

quasi 10-29-2009 09:12 PM

I don't know if I had H1N1 or not but I had the longest lasting flu I've ever had. It lasted for 9 days and was pretty brutal, standard shit. After about 5 days of it not getting better I called my Doctor who told me to call 811 before coming in. The nurse there told me to just stay home unless I had problems breathing or it got worse. Since I wasn't high risk of dieing no point in coming in. The symptoms started on a Friday and didn't get better until the following Sunday, missed a week of work.

Symptoms included

Cough
Sore Throat
Congestion
Body Aches
No energy
Headaches