REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 09-28-2009, 09:12 AM   #26
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
If you are the least bit lactose intolerant, skim milk is going to be worse than full fat milk. Well it's worse in pretty much every other way too...
Why is that? Skim milk has more lactose than homo milk?

InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:39 AM   #27
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
ive tried fresh water buffalo milk before in china... OMG, had to have it boiled and add ginger and a bit of sugar to stomach it. but by far, it had the most "milk" flavored milk ive ever had.

best i find locally here is island farms, 2nd would be avalon.

sigh, i hate being asian, sudden change to being lactose intolerant.

Quote:
I find that, in HK anyway, some brands of milk are hard to stomach. I am not the least bit lactose intolerant, but there are some brands that give me the nastiest ass-ripping farts. It's probably milk from China

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:40 AM   #28
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

same way some ppl develope allergies, it just happens i believe.

i WAS a heavy milk drinker, kept up with my usual intake of milk, but suddenly one day, stomach slowly couldnt stomach it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvo-brickster View Post
how does the body become lactose intolerant if you have been drinking it for years ?

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:47 PM   #29
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,775 Times in 8,169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul View Post
Why is that? Skim milk has more lactose than homo milk?
Not sure why exactly. Maybe the lactose content is offset by the fat that is supposed to be in milk?
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:46 PM   #30
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,112 Times in 264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !SG View Post
same way some ppl develope allergies, it just happens i believe.

i WAS a heavy milk drinker, kept up with my usual intake of milk, but suddenly one day, stomach slowly couldnt stomach it...
man that sucks

i love milk....dont know what i would do if i couldn't drink it anymore
Volvo-brickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:10 PM   #31
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,209 Times in 1,394 Posts
Quote:
Or you can skip milk all together. It's not like it's a necessity in life.
Yup, probably the best response in the thread.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 09:40 AM   #32
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

so i found this new stuff, u add it to regular milk, mix it, then let it sit in the fridge for 24hrs. its supose to convert the laxtose to simple sugars making it easier for ur body. so far so good! picked it up at the drug store, just ask them for it.

as per instructions, added aboutg 45-50 drops per 4L jug of milk.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors

Old 10-19-2009, 02:23 PM   #33
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Just an update, I can drink warm/hot milk fine and rarely have any stomach-aches or diarrhea/gas but drinking cold milk gives me the runs like crazy...

Weird..
JulyZerg is offline   Reply With Quote