REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   Very light drinker worse than flyweight (https://www.revscene.net/forums/589709-very-light-drinker-worse-than-flyweight.html)

AsBannedAsItGets 09-18-2009 03:21 AM

Very light drinker worse than flyweight

I've never been a big drinker but I've been going to a lot of parties and clubs and stuff lately. What has worried me is the fact I can seem to drink a respectable amount of alcohol be it hard liquor or beer.
I'm Asian so I don't know if this has any part of me not being able to drink a lot.
I usually max out 1 beer before I feel buzzed and if I drink anymore I usually get sick and either feel like throwing up or throw up.
I don't think there's anything wrong with my body or health but 1 beer sounds almost absurd. All my friends go through a case or more. I feel like a puss cause I can't drink for shit

DavidNguyen 09-18-2009 04:08 AM

it might be your Tolerance. the more often you drink, the more u can handle.
regardless of weight/height.

Gumby 09-18-2009 08:33 AM

I'm like you. Maybe our bodies simply have trouble breaking down the alcohol in our system? Allergic?

Just because you can't drink doesn't mean you're not "cool" though. You also save yourself a lot of money.

Let me guess - you must be at that young, impressionable stage of your life. :)

Alpine 09-19-2009 09:38 AM

It's been covered before... many of us asians are missing the enzyme that breaks down the alcohol so it remains coursing through our system... which is why sometimes after 1 beer or even < one beer we feel it. Other ethnicities have the enzyme so when they drink alcohol their body breaks it down so they don't feel the effects unless they consume a large enough quantity.

There's nothing you can do because it's genetic.

In my case, one drop of alcohol, beer, wine, or hard liquor, and i can feel it... think Barney from the Simpsons lol. You might as well hook up a needle and inject alcohol directly into my veins as that's what it feels like.

Moratorium 09-19-2009 04:03 PM

You might be allergic to beer. I'm the same with beer, after 1 beer i have a fuckin headache and feel like puking but with hard alcohol I'm great. But yes us asians are quite weak when it comes to alcohol. There's a bunch of stuff you can do to help you drink better if you really want to drink. Like eating lots of bread, and milk prior to drinking.

There's also the pepcid AC trick if you get super red. Look it up if you havent heard of it.

d1 09-19-2009 05:21 PM

I know how you feel. A few sips of alcohol and my face/body becomes crazy red :mad: and my heart rate noticeably goes up. It's like a shot of adrenaline but instead of feeling the pump, I get sleepy.

Good_KarMa 09-19-2009 06:04 PM

Atleast you're better than me. If i hold an unopened can of beer long enough and just stare at it, i will get drunk. :5shots:

illicitstylz 09-19-2009 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moratorium (Post 6600851)

There's also the pepcid AC trick if you get super red. Look it up if you havent heard of it.

i read it's not good for you with that pepcid ac trick, especially if you're someone that drinks often and consequently use pepcid ac at the same time

AsBannedAsItGets 09-20-2009 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d1 (Post 6600909)
I know how you feel. A few sips of alcohol and my face/body becomes crazy red :mad: and my heart rate noticeably goes up. It's like a shot of adrenaline but instead of feeling the pump, I get sleepy.

Hahaha dude that is the exact symptoms I get too.
After I drink I feel hella tired. And that thing with your heart beating a million times an hour is just like me. I get red too :(

penner2k 09-20-2009 09:30 AM

I sometimes wish I could get drunk off one drink. Usually after about 10 ounces I START to feel something. Its not uncommon for me to drink close to 20 ounces in a night and I'm still functioning better then most people.

liu13 09-20-2009 11:40 AM

one of the first times i drank, i pounded more than half a bottle of whiskey and drove a few friends home, i dont know how i did it but i ended up puking twice after

stewie 09-20-2009 09:57 PM

fuck a missing enzyme!!! just drink everyday, after a month or so, you'll learn to control your drunkness!!!!

my buddy came over this morning and he brought a case of MGD, i drank a 26 of wisers special blend, started at 10am, didnt puke once, and we wernt drinking slow....build that tolerance up boy!!!!

go watch the movie beerfest...learn from them! get out there and challenge yourself to drink more!!!!!! :thumbsup:

unit 09-21-2009 12:06 AM

hi my name is asian and im an alcoholic

yellowpower 09-21-2009 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d1 (Post 6600909)

Dont forget, alcohol is a depressent

jnesss 09-30-2009 05:51 PM

your tolerance will build. just keep drinking!

unit 09-30-2009 07:12 PM

yeah, dont be a noob drinker

jACEDesignsLtd 10-16-2009 05:49 PM

I have super low tolerance too. I would love to appreciate wine the way others do with a nice dinner. But when other people drink alcohol (beer/wine), they get a nice buzz, high and become more social. For me I turn get a pounding headache, feel tired and want to throw the alcohol up. After I throw it up, I instantly feel better. So I figure, why would I pay money to feel like shit? lol Hence, I have stopped long since.

liu13 10-16-2009 06:07 PM

AsRealasitGets, are you 15 years old?

xPhuong 10-16-2009 06:40 PM

LOL Comment above^ he's around there. how can he go clubs.

DasHooch 10-16-2009 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liu13 (Post 6638451)
AsRealasitGets, are you 15 years old?

Pedo alert.

lol jk

xPhuong 10-16-2009 06:45 PM

AsRealasitGets, fucked up he tried too hook up with a girl that asked him to fix her computer but all he got was kicked out as soon as computer was finished. ROFL

woob 10-18-2009 10:41 PM

I'm Asian. I wont feel the first 3-4, I'll be buzzed nicely <10, 10-20 I'll be fucking tipsy, 20+ I dont remember anymore (my max so far is 20 drinks over 3 hours)

AsBannedAsItGets 10-26-2009 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xPhuong (Post 6638520)
AsRealasitGets, fucked up he tried too hook up with a girl that asked him to fix her computer but all he got was kicked out as soon as computer was finished. ROFL

You wanna try and stay on topic?
At least I interact with girls even if I get rejected. Unlike you who probably has irritable bowel syndrome. Of course meaning you have to wear diapers cause you're always sharting everywhere. Dude, why you trying to start shit?
And if I'm 15 then you must be what.. like 2? Grow up a little:rolleyes:

Kim Jong Un 10-26-2009 07:53 PM

so does a carrera 4s have turbo?

twitchyzero 10-26-2009 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AsRealAsItGets (Post 6654774)
You wanna try and stay on topic?
At least I interact with girls even if I get rejected. Unlike you who probably has irritable bowel syndrome. Of course meaning you have to wear diapers cause you're always sharting everywhere. Dude, why you trying to start shit?
And if I'm 15 then you must be what.. like 2? Grow up a little:rolleyes:

Palmface
why you accusing of someone with irritable bowel syndrome when you're making threads about moldy feet and horrible breath?
dont try to be a "keyboard warrior" and just let his comment slide or this thread will end up in FC again and add to your fame

PM'ing him wont help either