REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 09-24-2009, 11:53 PM   #26
Director of RS Cares

i dont think age difference is a problem (22-26 in my case) but it all comes down to the mentality both people have and where you both are in your lives.

if you were my brother, i wouldn't suggest you going out with a high schooler soley because the both of you are basically in 2 seperate stages in your lives right now. people can say "some girls mature really well" or whatever but what kind of problems/issues would they have to deal with at their age for their minds to fully develop that mentality to handle certain situations vs things you might have to deal with? while you're figuring out how to portion out your finances for your expenses and taking on more responsibilities with your career/family/etc, she's thinking about her graduation dress and where she's going to apply for school next year.

she has SO much to learn in the next couple years that even if she is the way she is now..it doesn't mean it'll stay forever with all the growing up she's going to have to encounter. i can definitely say that i am different now than i was 5 years ago.

Old 09-25-2009, 12:02 AM   #27
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

i think it depends on the chick, the last one i dated who was in her 2nd year of university was a materialistic immature nightmare.

whereas another girl that i dated (a little younger than the one above) was way more mature and great to be around.

but ya miss crayon's right... hs vs university is a different stage in life. Then again... some people in university have about as much direction as someone in hs... so who knows.
Kamui712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 08:25 AM   #28
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
If you were 40, you'd be getting hi 5's from your co-workers. I personally wouldn't do it though. I hate kids.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 12:33 PM   #29
VLS Pet Forum Mod

This is the problem OP , stop thinking. Who cares if in the end it works out or not. Every person we date, meet, build friendships with teaches us more about ourselves. My rule has always been unless the other person is in a relationship then just do it. Yes you may find out it doesn't work because of age difference, or it may work. The only way you'll know is by jumping in with both feet. Stop analyzing something that is simple. Are you intrested in her ? if yes then ask her out.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:00 PM   #30
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
[youtube]ymBn5kLln2c[/youtube]
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:37 PM   #31
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Bastrd View Post
This is the problem OP , stop thinking. Who cares if in the end it works out or not. Every person we date, meet, build friendships with teaches us more about ourselves. My rule has always been unless the other person is in a relationship then just do it. Yes you may find out it doesn't work because of age difference, or it may work. The only way you'll know is by jumping in with both feet. Stop analyzing something that is simple. Are you intrested in her ? if yes then ask her out.

should be sig'ed!

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:56 PM   #32
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Hey when R Kelly married Aaliyah he was 27 and she was 15....and he turned out great.....

I say you go for it!
MR_BIGGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 06:13 PM   #33
RS controls my life!

Last edited by hopalong; 04-18-2010 at 07:08 PM.
hopalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 10:54 PM   #34
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

She is not 19 yet!!
k20a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:30 PM   #35
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,763 Times in 905 Posts
haha reminds me of me and one of my exes except I was 16 and she was 23. Good times haha

Back on topic I guess really in the end if you really have strong feelings then go for it. However, if I was 24,23, or my age now 27 I would not want to go out with a 17 or 18 year old regardless of how mature they are. God damn it at least be legal and be 19 please. Being out and about and being IDed and her not having one is wack and annoying.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:13 AM   #36
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

sure I'd do it.

why not?

FS: CAVI/SUNFIRE ECOTEC 2.2L OEM ENGINE PARTS
(CAMS, HEAD, VALVE COVER, BLOCK, AIR BOX, ETC ETC)

FS: OEM CAVALIER/SUNFIRE SEATS - 9/10.[/SIZE]
BallPeenHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:39 AM   #37
I STILL don't get it

I'll re-iterate what some have already said. Age is just a number. However, It all comes down to maturity level. You're 24 and at a different point in your life than she, at 17, most likely is. She probably hasn't even experienced the clubbing lifestyle and you're probably over and done with it. It's a different story had you asked, when you were 35 and she was 28, then most people would say, go for it. It's not her fault, but she's still experiencing life at a different level, so just be prepared that it may not last. Of course, I'm generalizing due to the age. I have known girls who are extremely mature even at 18yrs of age... It also depends on how they were raised by their parents and the environment they were brought up in. In this case, only you could really tell.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:43 AM   #38
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
I'm just wondering what brought this question up for the OP.

Are you pondering this because of a lack of suitors and that 17 yr old is the only one available? Or is it because that out of all your suitors of varying ages, that 17 yr old is the best one?
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:10 PM   #39
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

its going to be like any relationship. its going to start out beautiful and end up ugly.

that's the way it is and always has been.
ZhangFei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 07:26 PM   #40
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
You have to wait a year before anal! XD!!!

No but in all seriousness 24 - 17 isn't too bad, I'm grade 12 too, and a few of my female friends date around 20-22, it's not uncommon

Are you already with her, or just wondering whether it'd be fine?
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:24 PM   #41
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

At least she isn't 12.
Munny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:07 AM   #42
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
The following is a reply from the Anonymous member

Thx for all the replies.

She is the only one I'm currently in crush with, so to answer one of the replies, no I'm not directing my attention to any other girls at the moment. And we're not together yet, if we were, I'd be in a much better position to judge about this situation. I don't wanna start asking her out then suddenly change my mind, i don't think it'd be a good idea.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 09:49 AM   #43
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,283 Times in 270 Posts
^i don't even understand what you're trying to say...
btw, you're in your head too much. if she doesn't cross the line on the hot-crazy scale, i don't see a problem.
oh and yes, start "directing attention" towards other girls as well. no one likes the clingy guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orgasm_donor View Post
organge7 has spoken, and we have done the opposite. yay!
urrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:15 AM   #44
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
I personally think that's fucking gross.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 06:27 PM   #45
Banned (ABWS)

I say go for it. Who cares what everyone else says?
jl.69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 06:00 AM   #46
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Age IS just a number but when ur in your mid teens relationships mean way more than they should to u. Obviously there's going to be drama on her end... all those who say otherwise are probably 16/17 themselves n think they're in control of their hormones n shit.

Unless you're extremely immature / she is extremely mature, what could you guys have in common? What does she do for u that any other girl ur own age/maturity couldn't? I think age is a big deal early on in ur life. At age 24, you should be in a seriously different place than someone who is 17.

Also consider that you could be seriously fucking up family dynamics for her and causing more trouble than the relationship is worth. If I were her parents I'd have a serious problem with a guy having that much influence on my daughter.

A lot of guy friends say that young girls are easy to please n the simple fact that you're older than them is reason enough for them to worship u. This is harsh but don't you have enough going for you to stop playing in the minor leagues (ie highschool).
juicyjum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 11:32 AM   #47
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
She's 17.... That means she is in grade 11 or just started grade 12. Grade 12s are typically 18 years old. That is why most first years can't even drink because they aren't 19.

I didn't know Celine Dion is a dude.

And to the OP, don't do it. If it was meant to be, wait it out a little bit and let her mature first. 17 year olds bring drama that you'll think is retardedly irrelevant to life but is the HUGEST issue to her.

I say wait till she graduates from HS. And even then, wait like a year or half a year.
That Celine Dion comment is ROFL. That was funny.
<div id="zunecard_big" class="zunecard"><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://social.zune.net//xweb/lx/swf/zunecard.swf?ver=1192" style="" id="flashUserCard" name="flashUserCard" bgcolor="#FFF" wmode="opaque" salign="tl" flashvars="baseURL=http%3a%2f%2fsocial.zune.net%2f zcard%2fusercardservice.ashx%3fzunetag%3dbedheadfr 3d%26src%3dlarge&MMplayerType=PlugIn" height="260" width="548"></div>
Neoxphuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 11:34 AM   #48
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG View Post
I personally think that's fucking gross.

You avatar picture is fucking gross.
<div id="zunecard_big" class="zunecard"><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://social.zune.net//xweb/lx/swf/zunecard.swf?ver=1192" style="" id="flashUserCard" name="flashUserCard" bgcolor="#FFF" wmode="opaque" salign="tl" flashvars="baseURL=http%3a%2f%2fsocial.zune.net%2f zcard%2fusercardservice.ashx%3fzunetag%3dbedheadfr 3d%26src%3dlarge&MMplayerType=PlugIn" height="260" width="548"></div>
Neoxphuse is offline   Reply With Quote