REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   where can I buy Halloween costumes in Vancouver ? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/590386-where-can-i-buy-halloween-costumes-vancouver.html)

ucsmfu 09-24-2009 12:16 AM

where can I buy Halloween costumes in Vancouver ?

looking to buy a darth vader costume or storm trooper costume. Does anyone know where i can get good quality ones for a good price ?

or perhaps anywhere I could rent it ?

plz let me know

thanks

L-Dawg 09-24-2009 05:03 AM

try party bazar on 2nd

maxxxboost 09-26-2009 11:50 PM

Metrotown- Station Square (old Sports Check)
They have a pretty big selection, good place to check out. I don't remember seeing any Storm trooper costumes.
Superstore is selling Just the Storm trooper mask which goes for $39.99

sexyaccord 09-27-2009 12:16 AM

how good of a quality you want for the darth vader/storm trooper.
there are some for $3000+, $1000+
and some for around $100 or so
licensed ones are mostly made by rubies

on top of my head, the rubies supreme vader costume goes for around $1500 if you can find them in store, rubies deluxe goes for around $150 or so,
same goes for rubies supreme stormtrooper and rubies deluxe stormtrooper.

if you need anymore info send me a pm.

Lude2000 09-27-2009 11:19 AM

I heard about that place at the old sports chek as well. Anyone know what's it called or a phone number?

Anyone seen a Bruce Lee yellow jump suit there?

MR_BIGGS 09-27-2009 11:31 AM

That place by metro is worth checking out, the whole store is filled wall to wall with halloween stuff..i'm getting my where's waldo outfit there.

rediculous 10-19-2009 02:57 AM

i've been to both stores (metro and Bazar) and i couldnt find the pilot dress shirt.
Does anyone know where I can get one locally?

Chairman Kaga 10-20-2009 09:06 AM

Went to the one @ Station Square yesterday.

Men's selection is pathetic...it's like 90% children and women's stuff.

KuSouL 10-20-2009 09:25 AM

ya i went to the station square store yesterday = =
there is a pretty large selection of costumes for girls
but for guys = = not that great

but i guess so far it's the most complete store i've been to
[ found nothing tho ... ]

JSilver 10-20-2009 10:56 AM

Party Bazzar
Station Square
Cherry Bomb
American Apparel

In my opinion for Mens selection in costumes, online is your best bet.

sexyaccord 10-20-2009 11:45 AM

probably too late to order online now,
but if you want a pretty higher end quality stormtrooper,

Ages 3 & up beside Toys R Us at metro has the Rubies Supreme version for sale for $1200+

ilubebe 10-20-2009 03:28 PM

I know in toysrus you can those mask :/ I don't know abou the costome. :/ `

ab-norma-l 10-20-2009 05:45 PM

www.buycostumes.com

I've bought from that site before and bought from them this year. They have a large selection of costumes (some on sale too) and can guarantee shipping for Halloween if you buy soon.

Price difference including shipping and duty/taxes is about the same if not less as if you bought it from a store, only the selection is way better.

jlo mein 10-22-2009 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ab-norma-l (Post 6644535)
www.buycostumes.com

I've bought from that site before and bought from them this year. They have a large selection of costumes (some on sale too) and can guarantee shipping for Halloween if you buy soon.

Price difference including shipping and duty/taxes is about the same if not less as if you bought it from a store, only the selection is way better.

From the shipping page of that website:

Please note that delivery times for Canadian shipments are not guaranteed and we are not responsible for packages delayed by customs.

ab-norma-l 10-22-2009 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlo mein (Post 6647482)
From the shipping page of that website:

Please note that delivery times for Canadian shipments are not guaranteed and we are not responsible for packages delayed by customs.

I ordered 6 costumes on Monday 19th, paid for express shipping, and it arrived on Wednesday 21st :)

They charge tax and duty upon checkout which I think lessens the chance of having the package be delayed at customs. I was not charged additional duty when it arrived!

leelu 10-25-2009 12:33 AM

Theres this really good costume place on fraser near kingsway next to pho van. It has costumes from 300 to 50. the more expensive ones you can rent for half the price

They have a really good selection, like multiple varieties of the same costume.
the store is packed from floor to ceiling full of accessories, costumes, weapons and anything else you need so i suggest checking it out

Theres a big inflated pumpkin outside, can't miss it.

i know for sure they have a storm trooper costume