REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Old 10-10-2009, 09:30 AM   #26
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Here's another study I just came across

"...elderly women on a vegetarian diet seem to be at higher risk of osteoporosis development than nonvegetarian women. "
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 10:30 AM   #27
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

^the studies and some others I skimmed pointed to vegetarians having lower bone density, but other studies also pointed out that lower density could be due to the fact that they are of slimmer builds (remember that bone is continually broken down and reformed in a cycle which tailors an individual's weight and pressure needs).
As well, it should be noted that the studies deal with vegetarians, while this thread was of juicing concerns. Using a veggie juicer is not exclusive of eating meat!
achiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 07:44 PM   #28

I know it's not. I'm glad the OP is not considering becoming a vegetarian. I just pointed out that there is no reason to

a) Go out of your way to eat raw food
b) Go out of your way to eat organic produce

At the very best, those two things won't do anything for you.

At the worst, raw food isn't as digestible for our guts (which have evolved to be smaller over millions of years of eating meat and cooked food) and organic food will waste a lot of money.

Actually the implications of the world going "full organic" are much worse than that for the earth, but that could be saved for another thread
Old 12-29-2009, 02:13 AM   #29
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
Thought I'd bump this thread up. I just bought a nice juicer for myself after making some healthy juice at my friends place.

So far, all I know how to make (and it tastes damn good) is:

-Carrots (Vitamin A, Beta Carotene)
-Apple (sweetens up)
-Beets (Anthocyanin)
-Parsley,
-Celery (little bit)
-Some ginger
-Lemon

Anyone have any good recipes to share?
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 08:16 AM   #30

I usually just grab whatever is around. Red cabbage is always good. Dragon fruit and star fruit are favourites, when combined with others.