REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   [Confidential] "Friend" sabotaging relationships (https://www.revscene.net/forums/591376-%5Bconfidential%5D-friend-sabotaging-relationships.html)

El Bastardo 10-02-2009 06:55 PM

[Confidential] "Friend" sabotaging relationships

The following is an Anonymous submission from a Revscene member. If the OP would like to respond to anything said in this thread, please PM me.

Here's the situation I find myself in. I am friends with this one guy for a year now, he appears to be an overall nice guy and he is easy to get along with, let's call him A.

So me and A are pretty good buddies at this point we hang out quite a bit and we get along fine. couple weeks ago we both met some new people through mutual friends and out of these people we meet two girls B and C.

I told A that I am going to try and date B and he made no comment. So a week has passed and i'm getting closer to B but then this random shit comes up. Girl C msgs me on msn saying that A is talking shit about me how I'm not right for B and how he should be the one that goes out with her and shit. At first I was like girl C is one stupid bitch trying to pull that shit on me because i've known A for a year now and he's one cool dude. I tell girl C off and tell her to stop making shit up.

so TODAY, we all go to chill at my place and I notice that B is a bit apprehensive of me even though usually she isn't and C is still not over the fact that i told her to stop making shit up. I ask B what's wrong and she says nothing. The whole night was awkward. Guy A had to leave early because he has work at 7am. I kept trying to make conversation with the girls but they would give me one word answers and B looked concerned for some reason. When C went to the bathroom I asked B what's wrong and she tells me "A said that I should watch out for you because you're a player". I was like WTF and basically said that A does not know wtf he's talking about but the girl totally doesn't believe me at all. Shortly after that they both left.

So now i'm sitting here thinking to myself that A wants B all for himself and is ruining my reputation in order to get what he wants.

This asshole wants to ruin a 1 year friendship for some girl that we met 2 weeks ago, seriously, fuck.

Have any of you ever experienced this shit? what did you do about it?

hirevtuner 10-02-2009 07:09 PM

Well based on your read here I think you should use this knowledge to your advantange and expose him that he's not a true buddy. Try to make amends with C.

Bros before Hos, that's from the man

scottsman 10-02-2009 07:23 PM

agreed with Bros before Hos....

but a 1 year friendship isnt exactly a long time.

Apologize to C. Most rational people would understand that in this situation you couldnt just take her word for it. As you said you have been buddies for 1 year of course you wouldnt believe that he was talking shit.

impactX 10-02-2009 07:44 PM

Pick better friends? lol.

tiger_handheld 10-02-2009 08:16 PM

call him out ... better to go to the source ..

Ducdesmo 10-02-2009 09:13 PM

Talk to A about it....if everything that was said is true, A is not a buddy. In this case hoes before bros.

liu13 10-02-2009 11:16 PM

one year friendship doesnt mean shi, i've known some ppl for years and i wouldnt trust them with my wallet any given drunk night

keep the right personnel around you, you're lucky you wont have to waste any more time hanging out with a hater/snake

ra1nn 10-02-2009 11:47 PM

i've been bestfriends with this girl for 10 years, and she still talks shit about me
so we're not friends anymore..
so think about that!
so ya just talk to A about it.

m4k4v4li 10-02-2009 11:50 PM

call his bitch ass out on it

yuusha 10-03-2009 12:56 AM

If the issue is sneaky bastards then you should bring it out into the open, cause you've got nothing to hide.

kangel 10-03-2009 10:45 AM

buddy ffor 1 year = not a real buddy

KuSouL 10-03-2009 10:50 AM

ya you've only been friends for a year
bros before hos doesn't apply here

simsimi1004 10-03-2009 11:10 AM

1yr buddy is juat a buddy.. no bros there.

jeffh 10-03-2009 04:56 PM

you just need to remember

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyGP31x3GuM

ah_cat 10-03-2009 05:01 PM

... but maybe you are a player but you don't know it..?

MR_BIGGS 10-03-2009 05:41 PM

It ain't no fun unless the homies can have some.

yellowpower 10-03-2009 09:13 PM

Cuz bitches aint shiet but HOES AND TRICKS

liu13 10-03-2009 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ah_cat (Post 6620203)
... but maybe you are a player but you don't know it..?

chan ho nam is definately a player

CRS 10-03-2009 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liu13 (Post 6620423)
chan ho nam is definately a player

F - that. Smarty is the only one.

gearshifter 10-04-2009 08:36 AM

http://punditkitchen.files.wordpress...bama-sorry.jpg

joolee 10-04-2009 04:48 PM

this is why you should keep things to yourself. people these days are fucking sleazy

BallPeenHammer 10-05-2009 07:29 AM

i'D call him out on it. What he is doing is not cool. I'd tell him first, without being direct and standoffish about it, and if he does not get it, I'd call him out on it in public.

At the same time, I'd question the 2 girls as well, the fact that they went one-sided on you based on the information given by 1 person, who they don't even really know, doesn't show a whole lot of promise when it comes to their intelligence.

As for girl c, was she ACCUSING or TELLING you about the stuff your friend said?

If she was ACCUSING, then shit, son, no apologies necessary. I've given a lot of ppl flak for assuming and accusing me of things that were not true.

Ppl are too quick to judge nowadays, and also too lazy and stupid to find out the truth, so they make prejudicial, stereotypical and biased decisions and assumptions.

kwistol 10-05-2009 12:14 PM

A was probably a little desperate.. u should just tell him (if you're still angry about it) how you would've dealt with the situation without having to talk crap behind your competitor's back. I.e. tell him to be a man and play fair.

CRS 10-05-2009 02:36 PM

With friends like that, who needs enemies?

moomooCow 10-05-2009 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BallPeenHammer (Post 6621903)
i'D call him out on it. What he is doing is not cool. I'd tell him first, without being direct and standoffish about it, and if he does not get it, I'd call him out on it in public.

At the same time, I'd question the 2 girls as well, the fact that they went one-sided on you based on the information given by 1 person, who they don't even really know, doesn't show a whole lot of promise when it comes to their intelligence.

As for girl c, was she ACCUSING or TELLING you about the stuff your friend said?

If she was ACCUSING, then shit, son, no apologies necessary. I've given a lot of ppl flak for assuming and accusing me of things that were not true.

Ppl are too quick to judge nowadays, and also too lazy and stupid to find out the truth, so they make prejudicial, stereotypical and biased decisions and assumptions.

+1

Too true...too true...