REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Stopped at Intersection. Red light camera flashed? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/591507-stopped-intersection-red-light-camera-flashed.html)

LiquidTurbo 10-04-2009 12:24 AM

Stopped at Intersection. Red light camera flashed?

I was fully stopped at an intersection today on Scott Road in Surrey and 80th Avenue around Midnight. Across the street the camera flashed twice, just before the light turned green, while I was stopped at the light. There were no other cars.

I think my nose was a bit past the line. Can anyone shed some insight? Can I get a ticket for not stopping FULLY behind the line? Or are those cameras strictly for seeing if people run red lights?

TripleXXX 10-04-2009 01:21 AM

don't worry about it, you'll be fine because it will tell your speed at 0km/h.

Wykydtron 10-04-2009 07:27 AM

It usually takes more than one picture. So when they see the 2 or 3 pictures of your car, with you in the exact same spot, they can't really issue a ticket for that.

LiquidTurbo 10-04-2009 08:26 AM

^Thx..
What triggers red light cameras to go off in the first place?

ilvtofu 10-04-2009 09:42 AM

Theres a sensor at the line and a second sensor in the middle I believe

LiquidTurbo 10-04-2009 11:17 AM

Do these cameras ticket for not FULLY stopping behind the white line?

!Yaminashi 10-04-2009 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo (Post 6620948)
Do these cameras ticket for not FULLY stopping behind the white line?

Unless you were in the middle of the intesection, I HIGHLY doubt it

jlenko 10-04-2009 10:38 PM

They take a picture if you enter the intersection while the light is red.

So if you crossed the white line while the light was red... then yes, you set it off.

wnderinguy 10-04-2009 11:00 PM

Do they send you the pics? I loved to see the second pic when the OP is making a WTF face when he saw the camera go off the first time.

:eek:

( can't believe there is no :wtf: smilie )

LiquidTurbo 10-04-2009 11:07 PM

Man. If I get ticketed. It will be so sad. I was fully stopped looking at the camera as it flashed at me twice.

I think these photos get reviewed by a living, breathing police officer. I hope he cuts me some slack.

Dragon-88 10-08-2009 01:58 PM

They send you pics if you are guilty of running the red.. Either than that its just more photos for their photo album... I had a friend that got caught running a red, and they sent him 2 pictures.. The light was red in the first picture and you could tell there was someone from the opposite direction making a left.. and in the next picture shows him running through the intersection while the ligth is still red, and the guy making the left was still turning but going behind him.... So basically they do not send you a red light photo unless you acctually commited the crime. I sure lots of ppl have been flashed and dont even know it.

6793026 10-08-2009 02:30 PM

i thought they don't have any more red light tickets no more.
can someone confirm if ANYONE has ever received a ticket fine?

LiquidTurbo 10-08-2009 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6793026 (Post 6627051)
i thought they don't have any more red light tickets no more.
can someone confirm if ANYONE has ever received a ticket fine?

Haha, have you been living under a rock? Red light cameras are everywhere. A few examples are:
Oak and 70th, Oak at 41, Oak and 49, and many others.

Drive safe.

TouringTeg 10-25-2009 03:41 PM

They are everywhere and there are a few in Victoria that I see flash now and again.

However I have yet to talk to anyone who has actually received a ticket in the mail in recent memory.

Soundy 10-25-2009 05:28 PM

Erm... if you do get snapped, it's by the cameras on YOUR side of the street, looking at the BACK of your car. If the camera across the intersection went off, it's not even shooting your car.

underscore 10-26-2009 07:23 PM

^ exactly. the ones across from you going off wouldn't work too well as you'd be under it when the second pic is taken.

Yay...Twins! 10-26-2009 08:25 PM

On 41st and Oak (Eastbound) the left turn signal turns on even when there aren't any cars and I see people jump the line(past the second white line), but the camera never goes off. Does anyone know if that camera is in effect?

CrisQo 10-26-2009 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yay...Twins! (Post 6654932)
On 41st and Oak (Eastbound) the left turn signal turns on even when there aren't any cars and I see people jump the line(past the second white line), but the camera never goes off. Does anyone know if that camera in effect?

only one way to find out for sure if you're really curious

underscore 10-26-2009 09:44 PM

2 ways. 1 - run it, 2 - get a spectrum analyzer, I am told the red light cameras are very noticeable.

versep 10-31-2009 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo (Post 6620628)
I was fully stopped at an intersection today on Scott Road in Surrey and 80th Avenue around Midnight. Across the street the camera flashed twice, just before the light turned green, while I was stopped at the light. There were no other cars.

I think my nose was a bit past the line. Can anyone shed some insight? Can I get a ticket for not stopping FULLY behind the line? Or are those cameras strictly for seeing if people run red lights?

i was turning right on a red light and the camera flashed twice as well, i was the only car there but its been like half a year with no notice. you're fine

6793026 11-02-2009 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo (Post 6627054)
Haha, have you been living under a rock? Red light cameras are everywhere. A few examples are:
Oak and 70th, Oak at 41, Oak and 49, and many others.

Drive safe.

I know it's there, but i still want someone to scan or pos up a ticket / picture of their car that got photographed in the past 5 years. Seriously, i've never seen anyone / heard anyone who got a ticket. i woudl really want to see one.

I don't trust everything i read on the internet but i was wondering if this red light camera program is still in effect.

underscore 11-02-2009 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6793026 (Post 6664273)
I know it's there, but i still want someone to scan or pos up a ticket / picture of their car that got photographed in the past 5 years. Seriously, i've never seen anyone / heard anyone who got a ticket. i woudl really want to see one.

I don't trust everything i read on the internet but i was wondering if this red light camera program is still in effect.

I have seen the guy working on the control box for the cameras at an intersection once. the reason why you don't know people with a ticket is because most people don't blow reds.

wing_woo 11-02-2009 04:11 PM

It's hard to get a red light ticket. The light has to be solid red before entering the intersection. Most people go into the intersection when it's amber and leave the intersection on the red so that's why they don't get caught. Also, not all the locations actually have a camera in it. They have less cameras than locations so they take the cameras and rotate them around the locations.