REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 10-06-2009, 08:33 PM   #1
Need to Seek Professional Help

Job Interview with Sun Life Financial! PLEASE HELP!

I got a call earlier this week from the HR for Sun Life Financial. She told me that they have an opening for a Financial Advisor. I don't ever remember applying for this job because i keep track of all my emails, etc.

Anyways, she noticed that i was working on my BBA which i've actually switched to a Marketing Management Diploma. She didn't ask if i had any special skills that may be required. She just asked if it sounded like something thatwould be interested in financial services.

Now heres the problem. I have an interview this week and i seriously don't know what to expect. I'm thinking that i'm not going to get this job cause..

-I have no experience that can relate to this job (besides marketing courses)
-I have 0 Experience in this kind of position/ field.

Should i even bother going in for this interview? Or do they really have a training program? I'm so confused >__<

Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Old 10-07-2009, 01:48 PM   #2
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,341 Times in 970 Posts
word of advice, dont' do it.
they want you to be the sale person under him / her so they can rape you for ur network and ur insurance packages you sell.
i went to the interview JUST to learn more about the interview process. I still remember the lady that interviewed me was a blonde MILF wearing a nice Cartier watch.

I knew financial / insurance stuff aint' for me esp, when i JUST got out of univeristy.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 06:49 AM   #3
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

If its like all the other ones there, they probably do have a training program where they will pay you very little pay for a limited period of time, and then you go on full commission after probably 6 months or a year... it doesnt matter if you have any relevant experience or qualifications, they will take almost anyone.. if you do want to pursue a career in sales, it might be worth considering, otherwise if you're not sure i wouldnt bother.

But like 6793026 has said, its worth going to for the interview experience...
Marioo1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 01:15 AM   #4
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Similar, but this place called Grandtag financial called me for an "interview". I actually went to check out what they had to offer.

The "interview" just ended up being a 2 hour(literally 2 hour) powerpoint group presentation on how you can make over $100,000 a year with them while setting your own hours.

They didn't ask any real interview questions like you would expect. All they ask if how much you want to make and fill out a list of friends you have that you can sell financial services to.

What they really want you to do is to go to your friends and sell financial services and insurance to them. Within 10 minutes of the "interview", so I just tuned out for the rest of the time. I want my 2 hours and gas money back.

Sunlife financial sounds like the same garbage. They'll hire anyone with no qualifications as long as you can sell to your friends and family based on commission. Screw that!
StealthFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 03:23 PM   #5
ah_some

^ sunlife requires you to write exams and etc.

and they do provide training for the first week

CoLoRs member #19 [The Enforcer, you maggots!]
RSB #6

ah_cat is offline   Reply With Quote