REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   Mold?.. water mark? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/592183-mold-water-mark.html)

MelonBoy 10-09-2009 10:29 PM

Mold?.. water mark?

I live downstairs, right underneath my upstairs bathroom(bath tub).. and part of the corner of my room is leaking because of the washroom upstairs.. it really starts to drip down my wall sometimes when people take showers up stairs..

Well lately iv noticed the water stain marks on my wall (yellowish) and darker spots of black on the corner and around the area (just a few) assuming that is mold?..

Would this be hazardous to my health in anyway?.. If or if not how would i get to removing it?.. XD

twitchyzero 10-10-2009 12:56 AM

get it fixed before it gets worse
you dont want toilet water to suddenly explode on your face one night when you're sleeping

quasi 10-10-2009 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelonBoy (Post 6629023)
I live downstairs, right underneath my upstairs bathroom(bath tub).. and part of the corner of my room is leaking because of the washroom upstairs.. it really starts to drip down my wall sometimes when people take showers up stairs..

Well lately iv noticed the water stain marks on my wall (yellowish) and darker spots of black on the corner and around the area (just a few) assuming that is mold?..

Would this be hazardous to my health in anyway?.. If or if not how would i get to removing it?.. XD

Before you fix it the leak needs to be found and fixed. Once thats done the drywall will need to be torn away where it's damaged and replaced as needed. Yes, mould can be bad for your health.

MelonBoy 10-10-2009 10:13 PM

Thanks.. apparently my dad hired someone to fix it before.. that asshole sure did a great job.. I bought a new shower head solving the leak (old one kept leaking a lot of water onto the bathroom wall causing it to leak into my room) atm it has stopped leaking..
Parents plan to get the washroom renovated .. hoping that will solve the leak for good..

Btw the dmg is on the roof of my room.. is that all dry wall??.. other then ripping down part of my roof in my room is it possibel for me to give it a quick scrub down and wipe with cleaning agents ?

Chicken Balls 10-11-2009 08:56 AM

No, mould can not be removed with any cleaning agents if it is drywall. If your wall is plaster it can be done. However, whenever i do assessments and scopes of work I always put in drywall removal up to 2ft from the fringe. The mould will often only be harmful to you if you are immunocompromised. Keep in mind that if you see mould on the outside, there will be often times be mould growing behind the drywall on the paper backing.

fyi, use a moisture meter to ensure that the leak has been repaired.

MelonBoy 10-15-2009 09:50 PM

^
hmm good thing im disease free so my immuine system should be in tip top shape XD..
Dam im guessing my air purifier just aint gonna cut it ? =P
Doozy