REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 10-09-2009, 10:29 PM   #1
My homepage has been set to RS

Mold?.. water mark?

I live downstairs, right underneath my upstairs bathroom(bath tub).. and part of the corner of my room is leaking because of the washroom upstairs.. it really starts to drip down my wall sometimes when people take showers up stairs..

Well lately iv noticed the water stain marks on my wall (yellowish) and darker spots of black on the corner and around the area (just a few) assuming that is mold?..

Would this be hazardous to my health in anyway?.. If or if not how would i get to removing it?.. XD

MelonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 12:56 AM   #2
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,802 Times in 3,898 Posts
get it fixed before it gets worse
you dont want toilet water to suddenly explode on your face one night when you're sleeping
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 07:05 AM   #3
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelonBoy View Post
I live downstairs, right underneath my upstairs bathroom(bath tub).. and part of the corner of my room is leaking because of the washroom upstairs.. it really starts to drip down my wall sometimes when people take showers up stairs..

Well lately iv noticed the water stain marks on my wall (yellowish) and darker spots of black on the corner and around the area (just a few) assuming that is mold?..

Would this be hazardous to my health in anyway?.. If or if not how would i get to removing it?.. XD
Before you fix it the leak needs to be found and fixed. Once thats done the drywall will need to be torn away where it's damaged and replaced as needed. Yes, mould can be bad for your health.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 10:13 PM   #4

Thanks.. apparently my dad hired someone to fix it before.. that asshole sure did a great job.. I bought a new shower head solving the leak (old one kept leaking a lot of water onto the bathroom wall causing it to leak into my room) atm it has stopped leaking..
Parents plan to get the washroom renovated .. hoping that will solve the leak for good..

Btw the dmg is on the roof of my room.. is that all dry wall??.. other then ripping down part of my roof in my room is it possibel for me to give it a quick scrub down and wipe with cleaning agents ?
Old 10-11-2009, 08:56 AM   #5
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

No, mould can not be removed with any cleaning agents if it is drywall. If your wall is plaster it can be done. However, whenever i do assessments and scopes of work I always put in drywall removal up to 2ft from the fringe. The mould will often only be harmful to you if you are immunocompromised. Keep in mind that if you see mould on the outside, there will be often times be mould growing behind the drywall on the paper backing.

fyi, use a moisture meter to ensure that the leak has been repaired.
Chicken Balls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:50 PM   #6

^
hmm good thing im disease free so my immuine system should be in tip top shape XD..
Dam im guessing my air purifier just aint gonna cut it ? =P
Doozy