REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-13-2012, 12:24 AM   #276
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Let's just say working in tech support I setup a ton of service for old ppl that I should have since is nothing wrong with the services. I did it anyways to help them out a little and have gotten in A LOT OF TROUBLES FOR IT!!!!

Kind of made me sad since I got burn at work for it..........
Advertisement
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:22 AM   #277
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
Me and the wife were in Astoria, Oregon, last week for some vacation time. Anyways, i had a blowout on my front passenger tire. I had the vehicle jacked up, and all the lugs off, but the wheel was stuck. I tugged. I kicked it. Nothing. A guy that was getting into his pickup asked if I needed some help. I said sure. He tried tugging and kicking, and nothing.

So, he calls up his friend, named Michael, but he calls him Schumacher. A few seconds later, he pulls a long 2x4 from the back of his pickup and gives it a firm strike from the inside, and it pops off. I ask if he has time for beer, but he's gotta go. I give him 10 bucks and tell him to get himself some beer, and also some for Schumacher. It turns out that the friendliness is the standard in Astoria. If you get a chance, head out there, eat the food, see the sights, and experience the hospitality.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:41 AM   #278
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
^Boise, Idaho is like that, too. Very helpful.

People in most of the states wave at others with license plates from elsewhere. Because of that, I do it at every opportunity here. Sort of like, "Welcome to our neck of the woods." It puts smiles on peoples' faces.

I didn't see this too much in the Eastern US, but plenty in the West and Mid-West.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:17 PM   #279
VLS Head Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
So, he calls up his friend, named Michael, but he calls him Schumacher. .
isn't that a race car driver?
or did I just have a total blonde moment in front of everyone because you were trolling
REMEMBER:-->RS is a place for car enthusiasts to come and get together because of their intrest and love for cars. Hating is not an option-take your immaturity elsewhere!

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---profile If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who has died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\-----Or whom maybe suffering from it
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:34 PM   #280
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I'm in Toronto at the moment visiting a few friends. When I have time alone, I've been walking around downtown taking in the sights and such.

I went out a few hours ago to get some groceries and saw a homeless guy sitting outside Loblaws. So I thought, what the hell, I'll feed this guy tonight. We walked around Loblaws while he warmed up, chatted about all sorts of things, and I bought some food for him. He was actually a pretty well-spoken and educated guy, in his early twenties. But he made a big point of the fact that what he really appreciated was the effort I made to make conversation with him. And that's what really hit me.
BillyBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:06 PM   #281
【=◈︿◈=】

Thanked 2,099 Times in 558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boundless View Post
I'm in Toronto at the moment visiting a few friends. When I have time alone, I've been walking around downtown taking in the sights and such.

I went out a few hours ago to get some groceries and saw a homeless guy sitting outside Loblaws. So I thought, what the hell, I'll feed this guy tonight. We walked around Loblaws while he warmed up, chatted about all sorts of things, and I bought some food for him. He was actually a pretty well-spoken and educated guy, in his early twenties. But he made a big point of the fact that what he really appreciated was the effort I made to make conversation with him. And that's what really hit me.
it never ceases to amaze me how much insight some street folk have. all you have to do is take a few minutes of out of your life to talk to them
- kT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 05:56 PM   #282
MG1

Was at Brentwood Mall late afternoon. Sunny at the time. I'm leaving the upper parking lot when I noticed some stuff on top of a fairly nice car (BMW?). Upon closer inspection, the items were what looked like keys, wallet, and phone. The car was near the ramp heading down towards Willingdon and it was by itself (no car to left or right). I was thinking of what I should do when lady behind me starts to honk. I park next to the car and get out. I was going to just stay put until the person showed up, as I had nowhere to go and was in no hurry. If person didn't show up in lets say half an hour, I was going to call mall security.

I did not want to touch the items on top of the car, in case someone sees me and thinks I'm going to jack it or whatever - sort of guard it, LOLOL. Anyway, I then notice the driver's seat is not upright. I look closely and there's a dude in the vehicle texting or playing a game on some portable device. I rap on his window and he jumps out of his skin. Anyway I told him there was stuff on his roof that looked pretty important. I said, "Girlfriend, right?" and he said, "Yup."
This post thanked by:
Old 02-28-2012, 05:29 PM   #283
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
Last week ish?

It was pissing rain out of no where, I see an Asian senior walking outside with no umbrella, getting soaked. He was walking west off of Knight and 31st, I figure he was walking home from the bus stop or something. I drove next to him, rolled down my window, asked if he wanted a lift.

Not sure if he understood me. I opened the passenger door to gesture him in, but he gave me the "no" waving hand gesture and kept walking.. maybe I startled him. I asked him again, and he waved "no." The rain was coming down HARD. Like standing outside for 5 seconds would've gotten you drenched.

I pull over, pop my trunk, and give him the umbrella that I keep in there. He smiled with a quiet laugh, and patted me on the shoulder. I assume that means thank you lol. I asked him again if he wanted a ride, but he just waved "no" again. He patted me on the shoulder again and gestured me to get back in my car. I got back in, and off he went. I wish he would've accepted the ride, but at least he has an umbrella now.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:06 PM   #284
I STILL don't get it

don't really consider this an act of kindness as much as something anyone should do in this case, but was at the gym the other day and noticed the guy next to me left his iphone on the floor after his set and he walked off. anyways, just ran after him and asked if he left his phone and he was pretty appreciative.
truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:41 AM   #285
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,061 Times in 1,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
I did not want to touch the items on top of the car, in case someone sees me and thinks I'm going to jack it or whatever - sort of guard it, LOLOL. Anyway, I then notice the driver's seat is not upright. I look closely and there's a dude in the vehicle texting or playing a game on some portable device. I rap on his window and he jumps out of his skin. Anyway I told him there was stuff on his roof that looked pretty important. I said, "Girlfriend, right?" and he said, "Yup."
I don't get it - was he getting a blowjob?
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:57 AM   #286
MG1

Sadly, he was by himself......... and no, I wasn't going to check out his junk. I did scare the shit out of him, though. Had that look a kid would have when mom walks into room as he's fapping, LOLOLOLOLOL.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:07 PM   #287
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Just had a package delivered to my house, wrong address. The address on the packing slip had my address on it though. I had to do some detective work and googled the name of the recipient, found out that he's a couple blocks down and the guy that ordered it punched in one number wrong for the address. I drove down to his place and dropped it off the next morning
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-18-2012, 08:46 PM   #288
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Was coming home and I had to pull over to chevron to fill some gas in the TL. I was almost done and a guy in his late 20's came up to me. He was a bit hesitant at first so I just said whats up.

He goes to me hes from Alberta than points to his Neon that hes driving that has Alberta plates on it. He says he left his personal effects at his friends house in Chilliwack and doesnt have enough to get back there on his current tank of gas (currently in Surrey on 128th and HWY 10). In my head I was thinking maybe he's full of shit but nonetheless I said to myself I will fill 30 bucks of gas for him. I told him be safe and don't be ever ashamed of asking cause if you didn't today you would be still stuck here. $30 bucks isn't a lot of money and karma is always returned for good hearted gesture and bad ones as well.

If anything this thread should remind us that a dollar maybe nothing to you but could mean a whole world to someone who doesn't have it.

Last edited by fsy82; 03-18-2012 at 09:00 PM.
fsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-18-2012, 09:15 PM   #289
MG1

^did same thing not that long ago. I happened to have a $10.00 gas card I got from Shoppers with me. The guy's story was a bit iffy, but what if he really needed it.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:17 PM   #290
I subscribe to Revscene

I dont believe in karma.. but I do believe in helping people out of selflessness.. And ive given money to the poor before and done good deeds
Posted via RS Mobile
DC5-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:09 PM   #291
I STILL don't get it

About a month ago the gf and I pulled off of I-5 to grab a bite at jack in the box and noticed a black MR2 which had left its driver door opened and its lights left on [it was raining that night]. We went inside and asked the employees if any of them owned one and they all said no. Next, we started asking the customers and finally found the owner, he was shocked how he forgot all those things.

In the end he didn't seem to care too much about his car and not even a thank you was mentioned .. oh wells at least I felt good about it
Old 03-20-2012, 06:18 PM   #292
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Went to Shang Noodle restaurant in Richmond. Got the bill for $28. Gave them $40. They gave me $20 in change, which was $8 more. Kindly advised the staff about the overage and returned the extra $8.

No biggie. Thought it was the right thing to do anyways.
i don't think i ever played a game as a kid where you punch each other in the dick.
J-Chow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:45 PM   #293
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ View Post
Last week ish?

It was pissing rain out of no where, I see an Asian senior walking outside with no umbrella, getting soaked. He was walking west off of Knight and 31st, I figure he was walking home from the bus stop or something. I drove next to him, rolled down my window, asked if he wanted a lift.

Not sure if he understood me. I opened the passenger door to gesture him in, but he gave me the "no" waving hand gesture and kept walking.. maybe I startled him. I asked him again, and he waved "no." The rain was coming down HARD. Like standing outside for 5 seconds would've gotten you drenched.

I pull over, pop my trunk, and give him the umbrella that I keep in there. He smiled with a quiet laugh, and patted me on the shoulder. I assume that means thank you lol. I asked him again if he wanted a ride, but he just waved "no" again. He patted me on the shoulder again and gestured me to get back in my car. I got back in, and off he went. I wish he would've accepted the ride, but at least he has an umbrella now.
Maybe he just wanted some of this action
TheKingdom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-21-2012, 04:24 PM   #294
MG1

I was at Superstore today. Got off work early, so decided to kill some time by looking for cheap Tic Tacs and Resolve coupons, LOL. While at the store, I see this young mom with two little kids. Immediately I knew who they were. The two kids looked just like me and my sister at that age. They had that look - the look of being poor (hard to explain). Judging by what was in the shopping cart, I was right. The family was struggling.

I remembered just then that Superstore gives out free cookies to kids if they go up to the bakery section. I wasn't sure if they still did this, so I went to the bakery and asked the lady there if they still gave free cookies out to kids. Lady said, yes they do. These are pretty big cookies, too.

Just after finding out, I see the mom and kids heading towards the bakery section. I walk up to her and tell her that the kids can have free cookies if they went up to the lady there. Kids' eyes pop wide open and mom had a smile on her face. I guess cookies and candies are pretty low on their shopping list.

Those kids were so appreciative. Damn....... it was so touching to see. I had this Superstore gift card that I won at some staff function. I never used it and as I opened my wallet I find it right there in the front pocket. So weird..... I usually have gift cards in another section of the wallet. Must have been a sign. I gave it to the mom and gave her some bullshit story about there's not much left on it. She gave me a big smile and didn't say anything. Neither did I. I don't know what came over me, but I had to leave ASAP, because I burst into tears. I thought I had forgotten how it felt growing up poor in the DTES.

Definitely getting soft in my old age. I love gift cards now. Going to get a few more for moments like this. It's awkward to give out cash. So much better with gift cards.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:53 PM   #295
kb
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

^
kb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 04:44 PM   #296
WHAT? NO FOOD?

Thanked 1,134 Times in 231 Posts
Today, When I was at Tim Hortons, I saw a homeless person didn't have enough change for a coffee... I decided to be nice for the day, then unfortunately I regretted paying for it cuz he kept following me for like 3 blocks to ask me if he want $5-20 dollars change I was nice to treat him but asking me for money isn't acceptable... To be honest, I am probably not gonna do it anymore
Santofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 04:59 PM   #297
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
Really good stories on here, I don't have one myself, but saw this vid and thought of you savages.

rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-26-2012, 03:10 PM   #298
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
After I finished my classes today, I went to BCIT to meet up with a seller at 3:30PM. I had finished my classes early and left SFU at around 2:00PM. I went to metro to kill some time but I didn't find much to do. So I went to BCIT early in case the seller was out of class early.

I was just sitting in my car playing Draw Something when I noticed a blue sedan pull up a few slots away from me. An elderly couple got out of the car and went to the passenger side of the vehicle and looked at it for some time. Then the man opened the trunk of the car and started taking out some luggage. I saw him with a generic jack that comes standard with a car and a spare tire.

I hopped out of my car and went to see what was up. I saw the lady first and then saw the man trying to find where to place the jack. I asked them if they needed help but the man seemed insistent that he could do it himself. His wife (I presume) asked me if I had any experience changing tires. I told her that I've changed a few tires before and could probably help out - if anything, I could just do the labour. After his wife badgered him for a few more seconds and when I found a good frame spot for the jack, he let me do the work. He has placed the jack down and was already beginning to jack up the car.

It was around 3:20 at this point and I knew the seller was getting out of class fairly soon. Fortunately I had already jacked up the car, took out the flat and was in the process of putting the nuts back on to the spare. Just as I was doing this, the man decided to put the flat into the trunk of the car. The car shifted quite a bit. about few inches forward and back. I was thinking "oh shit, he's going to move the car and the jack is going to fall." Soon after, the jack was dislodged and the car came down. Thankfully, I had two nuts in place that was on fairly tight already and the spare was supporting the car. My arm grazed a little, nothing major but holy hell was I scared. I quickly placed the jack in a better position and began the process all over again. Got the nuts back on this time, let the car down and then retightened as much possible.

It was 3:30 and the seller was calling me. I excused myself from the couple and told them I would be right back after I met with the seller. Fast forward a few minutes and I was back there. The tire was on and they were just standing there. During the whole tire swapping time, the wife was telling me how they were coming from YVR to visit and were going to coquitlam, how long do spares last for and what not. She even tried to get a hold of the rental company hoping they could fix it or something. Regardless, when I came back, I asked them who the rental company was. It was enterprise. Luckily for them, there is an enterprise really close to BCIT. I pointed them into the right direction, they inputted it on the GPS and were off on their way.

I wished them a happy holiday/trip in Vancouver and finally shook hands with the man. His name was Darryl. I never got his wife's name though, oddly enough, even though she did most of the talking.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:55 PM   #299
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

I was at metro today at the BMO. Waiting for the ATM. Some dude withdrew his money and left. Leaving his account open for access. Told someone who works there to take the card.

Hopefully good karma comes my way now.
Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-13-2012, 02:05 PM   #300
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,061 Times in 1,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
I was at metro today at the BMO. Waiting for the ATM. Some dude withdrew his money and left. Leaving his account open for access. Told someone who works there to take the card.

Hopefully good karma comes my way now.
That's a weird ATM... dispensing money is usually the LAST step! So by then, your transaction's already closed and you should have your card in hand.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote