REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:25 PM   #551
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
I contributed to the thread: http://www.revscene.net/forums/68024...et-prince.html
Advertisement
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-11-2013, 07:37 PM   #552
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Send some cards to sick kids!

Children's National Medical Center

I've sent 10! I put jokes in most of them!

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-11-2013, 09:35 PM   #553
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
Not really a good deed. But Starbucks messed up my drink and I got to keep both. Gave one to a homeless guy.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:50 AM   #554
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

My co-worker at bestbuy was helping a gentleman out with a crazy bose sound system, my co-worker in the midst of the sale said that he could never afford such a thing, so the gentleman said I'll take 2 paid for it. As he carried out the system to the gentlemans car the gentleman took one system placed it in his trunk and closed the trunk handed my coworker the receipt and said heres yours... totally caught off guard and left. no joke.
pb.kidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:21 AM   #555
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 2,028 Times in 501 Posts
went to shoppers to buy smokes after my grave shift,
saw typical richmonite struggling to park her little civic.
instead of saying "fucking richmond" or get choked like i usually would,
i waited another 3 minutes for her to park got out and spent a few seconds giving her pointers.
thanked me and smiled so hard, made my day
Nicotine is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-25-2013, 07:31 AM   #556
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,579 Times in 4,296 Posts
Not a random act really but here's what a bunch of us are doing this Wed.

I have a friend that was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last Aug and most recently he found out it has spread to his liver and his health is going down really fast. He last wish he has is going to his favorite camping spot for one last time but the issue is his health is so poor he wouldn’t be able to handle the couple hour drive on the logging road. A bunch of us pitched in money to rent him a helicopter this Wed and his wife is going to take him to an appointment and surprise him so he will get his last wish. Over 50 of us will be waiting for him at his favorite camping spot so when he flys in he will see all of us standing there waiting for him. Going to be so fucken sad but I can’t wait to see the look on his face that his dying wish was fulfilled.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:50 AM   #557
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
I wish you guys good weather for that day.

Pancreatic cancer is one of the worst types of cancer. He has good friends............
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-25-2013, 08:11 AM   #558
In RS I Trust

Best part is we all met on the internet and have been friends for almost 10yrs now!!
This post thanked by:
Old 02-25-2013, 08:42 AM   #559
PRINCESS

I'm picking up something for bcrdukes because he's elderly.
Jk

On a serious note. Personally I'm really against donating money to the homeless straight
But I was at ceilis the other night and this man approached me asking if I could buy him small food
He also said he was allergic to gluten. So is my best friend
So I bought him gluten free food.
Posted via RS Mobile
MeowMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:00 AM   #560
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

i work at yvr, i see elderly people pushing heavy big luggages, if i do i go over help em push or whatever they need help with and walk them to their check in or wherever they need to go,where other ppl will eventually give them an assistance. =D
geelaw is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-25-2013, 10:13 AM   #561
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post

I have a friend that was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last Aug and most recently he found out it has spread to his liver and his health is going down really fast. He last wish he has is going to his favorite camping spot for one last time but the issue is his health is so poor he wouldn’t be able to handle the couple hour drive on the logging road. A bunch of us pitched in money to rent him a helicopter this Wed and his wife is going to take him to an appointment and surprise him so he will get his last wish. Over 50 of us will be waiting for him at his favorite camping spot so when he flys in he will see all of us standing there waiting for him. Going to be so fucken sad but I can’t wait to see the look on his face that his dying wish was fulfilled.
That's fucking awesome. Sounds like he lived a good life.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-26-2013, 11:36 AM   #562
VLS Head Mod

Quote:

It's actually way over a hundred people.

Funny I just heard about this guy last night. So sad to hear about what he's going through but this is refreshing to hear what you guys are doing for him
Posted via RS Mobile
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:57 AM   #563
In RS I Trust

How did you find out about him? I just hope the weather stays nice tomorrow and his health stays stable enough he is still able to go.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:01 PM   #564
VLS Head Mod

Double d's gf is my workwife lol
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-26-2013, 12:06 PM   #565
In RS I Trust

Tera is your work wife? wow now that is a small world. I have been buddies with him for 10+ years lol
Old 02-26-2013, 12:08 PM   #566
VLS Head Mod

Quote:
Tera is your work wife? wow now that is a small world. I have been buddies with him for 10+ years lol
Yeah she's loud and were a lot alike so I jokingly started calling her my wife and it's stuck. Name please
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-26-2013, 12:45 PM   #567
In RS I Trust

I haven't met her yet but I'm always helping her bug Dean on FB with what I can lol... Reece.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:55 PM   #568
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
A few nights ago when it was raining HARD, there was a couple standing in the rain without an umbrella at a bus stop. I pulled over and gave them my umbrella that I keep in my car. The guy accepted it and said thanks.
That's the second umbrella I've given away to strangers, lol. But I remember how shitty it was when I had to take the bus and it started raining out of nowhere.

On another note, came across this video.

High school basketball player passes ball to mentally challenged player on the other team

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:00 PM   #569
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ View Post
No basket. He double dribbled.

But here's how it actually went down...

InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-26-2013, 09:33 PM   #570
Director of RS Cares

I was leaving the office and headed down to the parkade. I'm in my car, about to leave and then I see this tow truck plowing down the parkade entrance. I didn't think much of it but then my dad (who was driving infront of me) suddenly stopped and I turn my head to see what he was looking at..and I see the towing guy about to tow my friend's car!!

SO I bust out of my car screaming for the guy to stop and ask him what's up as I saw another car with a ticket. Then he says he was called to tow her car away (I guess she had an unpaid parking ticket from Impark) so I told him to hold on and I'd get her right away. Anyways, long story short, I ran up back to my office, told her what was going on and then we went downstais while my dad was basically blocking the tow guy from leaving. LOL (my dad!)

My friend ended up paying the guy...$40? to have him stop from towing her. I mean..it sucks she had to lose $40 but at least it was better than $100+.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:54 PM   #571
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 5,613 Times in 1,255 Posts
I'm a bellman at a local hotel and on Thursday night i was standing by the entrance greeting guests when i noticed a guy with MS struggling to walk with his walker and he had a couple of bags. He wasn't a hotel guest or a customer to the hotel he was just meeting a friend. So i went up to him and got his bags immediately without him asking and held his hand and walked him all the way downstairs to his car. When we reached his car i said have a great evening sir and he said "i don't have cash to tip you, but as soon as i get home im emailing your manager". Havent heard of a email yet but he was really thankful and i felt really good doing it especially because my uncle has MS. Most bellman wont help non-guests because theirs no money in it and it really doesnt matter and it takes up your time.

The biggest surprise for me was that he was able to drive a big truck with his condition.
donjalapeno is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-27-2013, 10:14 AM   #572
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
Hey, murd0c, looks like an awesome day for camping!

Couldn't have asked for better weather under the circumstances, yes? (At least sunny where I am at the moment)

We don't know your friend, but wish him well. Any friend of yours is a friend of ours.

RS sunshine committee...........

Quote:

Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-01-2013, 08:09 AM   #573
In RS I Trust

I wanted to thank everyone for the nice kind words. I'm beyond amazed how the weather turned out with the sun and blue sky. He was able to stay for longer then originally projected and was feeling good and able to walk around the whole time.

It's hard for me to express in words how much the moment when he gave me a hug meant especially being in the outdoors and not at a hospital or being in a bed. I don't remember the last time I have been this emotionally drained from anything but it's a great moment I will never forget for the rest of my life and brings tears to my eyes just typing this out.

His sister posted this response to what we did for him and it just gives me chills down my spine

Quote:
"There are no words that would even come close to express the gratitude I feel towards each and every one of you today who made this a day to remember for my brother, my sister-in-law Tina and my nephew Taran. Today...Peter’s 4x4 group (Fun In BC) surprised my brother with a chartered helicopter ride for him and his family and good friend Donna, to his favourite camping spot in Harrison. I hear the turnout was amazing as all his camping buddies waited on the beach with their 4x4’s to watch Peter’s helicopter land. My brother cried in my arms tonight saying he had the most amazing friends...and I agree. All of you made today so special and your generosity warms my heart. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU...you brought a smile to my brother’s face!
This is Pete

and this is the reason why this is his favorite camping spot

Here is the blog his sister has been writing since they found out. It's very sad but a great way to keep track of his progress.

http://www.simplesite.com/peters-sissy/114452685

Even more sad I found out on Wed that the Cancer moved from his Liver to his brain and they had to stop Chemo and was given two weeks to live 11 days ago. Hearing that made Wed that more meaningful and as well hopefully gives him more strength to fight it a bit longer.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:38 AM   #574
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
^Well I think that pretty much puts an end to this thread - don't think anyone will ever top that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-01-2013, 09:46 AM   #575
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Kindness doesn't need to be measured.

...but if it was, murd0c and friends would win.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: