REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:10 AM   #576
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
Of course this has nothing to do about topping what the nicest thing to do it was making someones last wish possible and the result exceeded my expetitations by far. This is a massive unique thing that happened but even by doing the smallest thing with helping someone I get the same enjoyment but not even close to emotional to this one.
Advertisement
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:43 AM   #577
VLS Head Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
Of course this has nothing to do about topping what the nicest thing to do it was making someones last wish possible and the result exceeded my expetitations by far. This is a massive unique thing that happened but even by doing the smallest thing with helping someone I get the same enjoyment but not even close to emotional to this one.

I LOVE that the pilot only charged you guys for fuel.... I saw the pics the other day, so nice
REMEMBER:-->RS is a place for car enthusiasts to come and get together because of their intrest and love for cars. Hating is not an option-take your immaturity elsewhere!

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---profile If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who has died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\-----Or whom maybe suffering from it
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:55 PM   #578
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
Not only that he also stayed a lot longer then he was supposed to. Super nice guy and we are so thankful for everything Far West Helicoptors did for us. Now that was a true random act of kindness!!!
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-01-2013, 04:33 PM   #579
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Of course this has nothing to do about topping what the nicest thing to do it was making someones last wish possible and the result exceeded my expetitations by far.
Oh yeah, not suggesting it was, was just being... metaphorical, or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-02-2013, 02:04 PM   #580
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
Quote:
Not only that he also stayed a lot longer then he was supposed to. Super nice guy and we are so thankful for everything Far West Helicopters did for us. Now that was a true random act of kindness!!!
A helicopter I will never need, but if and when I do, I will make damn sure they will be the ones I call. So good it all turned out so well.

I keep telling people that it's not how much money you have or how famous you are. You are the richest person when you have good friends and family. And, you usually don't have any of the above without being a genuinely nice person.

Everything a person does affects others in so many ways. Just hearing the story of what Pete's friends did for him or what others have done in this thread makes a difference. I have faith in humanity. There is still good in a world that is full of misery and evil individuals.

Revscene has its share of douchebags and assholes, but for the most part, it is a good place. I need to meet you one day, murd0c. .........and not just because of the pics you sent me the other day, LOL.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-02-2013, 02:56 PM   #581
I subscribe to Revscene

Murdoc that's such awesome dude
Your post got me all teary eyed
You and your friends are great and great friends are hard to come by
Im sorry to hear about your friend Pete but what you did for him is just incredible
Posted via RS Mobile
Durrann is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-24-2013, 06:32 PM   #582
Female Driven

Bought a bag of dog food and dog treats for a homeless man's sweet puppy in dt then gave $5 to the violin player and his golden retriever
Posted via RS Mobile
FI-Z33 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-24-2013, 08:26 PM   #583
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FI-Z33 View Post
Bought a bag of dog food and dog treats for a homeless man's sweet puppy in dt then gave $5 to the violin player and his golden retriever
Posted via RS Mobile
I know the Violin Player, i always try to give him any change i have in my pockets, hes out there rain or shine.
aikenluu918 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-24-2013, 09:31 PM   #584
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Lots of things happened recently.

Friday, drove some people home from a party that I didn't have to. They lived near UBC and I lived near Boundary. I drove them home.

On Saturday, I witnessed a car accident at Home Depot on Bridgeport. I took the lady's driver's license and information and passed it down to the victim. She was very happy about it and everything.

Couple of hours after I was building furniture for my dad, my dad tells me that he got a car for free. Ford Probe GT 1989. He asks if I would like to have it for my summer car because it's a standard transmission.
Heck Yes.
Love you daddy.

Picked up a backpack for a family because their child dropped it during dinner. Small thing, but I felt like I wanted to do it.
Lamboda is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-24-2013, 11:03 PM   #585
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,997 Times in 963 Posts
Last week i came home and there was no parking on our side of the street (Residents Only) , so i parked on the other side in a 2 hour parking zone.
The next morning i start getting phone calls and doorbells to find that it was my neighbor that saw my tire was marked by the city of van and i would probably have gotten a ticket in two hours if it wasnt for her.
LP700-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:56 PM   #586
Female Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikenluu918 View Post
I know the Violin Player, i always try to give him any change i have in my pockets, hes out there rain or shine.
i selected a christmas pack/present for the retriever...tried to find him during christmas but unfortunately he wasn't there haven't really had time to go dt until today and decided to run to london drugs to pick up some dry food and treats!

----------------------------------
Before sex, you help each other get naked. After sex, you only dress yourself.
Moral of story: In life, no one helps you once you're fucked.
FI-Z33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:17 AM   #587
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
Was out last night cruising with the gf.. Stopped off at DQ in Kits.
Overheard the homeless guy after me ordering yet didn't have enough money to get cheese on his burger.

Turned around and asked him, if he wanted anything on the menu what he would have.
He said a Flamethrower burger, so I ordered him that meal, and upsized the drink & fries.

I'm not one to give out money, but everybodies gotta eat.
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:01 AM   #588
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
Posted via RS Mobile
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:28 AM   #589
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Russian dashcams capture random acts of kindness.

Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-23-2013, 09:05 AM   #590
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Seen on FB this morning:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-23-2013, 09:08 AM   #591
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
^ hopefully the tip isnt getting split to other servers/kitchen
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:08 AM   #592
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,779 Times in 1,173 Posts
^dude can't count. Total amount should be $1060.42

Now it's not enough for the ticket!!!
fml
roastpuff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:37 AM   #593
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Seen on FB this morning:

Need back story.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:41 AM   #594
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Quote:
Woman posts photo of $1,000 tip on $60.42 meal

A waitress and Tumblr user who goes by the handle "Casual Cynic" posted a photo of a receipt that made her mom's day.

A mysterious customer recently gave Casual Cynic's mother, also a waitress, a $1,000 tip on a $60.42 meal.

Next to the tip, the uber-generous customer wrote, "Your ticket to Italy. Enjoy!!"

On her Tumblr blog, Casual Cynic explained that her mom had been chatting with the customer about her desire to see Italy and how her ancestors come from Florence.

From casualcynic.tumblr.com:
SHE’S [her mother] GOT 8 YEARS OF ART EDUCATION AND SHE’S WORKING A WAITRESS JOB. IT’S PRETTY… SAD AND DISAPPOINTING, I GUESS. HER AND MY FATHER DIVORCED 6 YEARS AGO AND SHE HASN’T HAD A REAL JOB EVER. JUST BEEN STUCK IN A SMALL TOWN SHE’S NOT FROM.
THIS MAN WHO WE HAVE NEVER SEEN BEFORE TIPPED HER 1,000 DOLLARS FOR A TRIP TO ITALY. WALKED OUT, NOT ANOTHER WORD.
…YOU KNOW. JUST WHEN I START TO LOSE FAITH IN HUMANITY…. HM

The post drew more than 100,000 notes on Tumblr. And yes, Casual Cynic is aware of the $0.42 addition error on the receipt. In a quick update to her blog, she wrote, "We know about the 42 cents, lol… We have it covered."

The Upbeat was unable to confirm that the receipt is 100 percent legit, but we're choosing to not be casually cynical about it. Because, after all, these things do happen. Last year, we posted a story about a man whose last wish was to have his brother leave a waitress a large tip. After raising money online, the surviving brother now travels around the country, leaving big tips to people who don't expect it.
Woman posts photo of $1,000 tip on $60.42 meal
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.

Last edited by Razor Ramon HG; 05-23-2013 at 11:48 AM.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:41 AM   #595
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
Need back story.
Waitress's $1,000 Tip From Stranger Funds Dream Vacation To Italy (PHOTO)

Quote:
We've all had moments at work and thought, "I need a vacation." And fortunately for one over-worked waitress, a dream vacation just became reality, courtesy of a stranger's kindness.

Per the Tumblr of "Casual Cynic," a photo of a restaurant receipt shows a $60.42 charge for the diner's meal. Below that, in the "+ tip:" column, sits a sum destined to make one waitress's dream come true: $1,000. A note points toward the tip and reads, simply, "Your ticket to Italy. Enjoy!!"

An edit by Casual Cynic acknowledges the mystery tipper may have missed adding $0.42 of the original amount to his total of $1,060.00, writing with a laugh, "LOL... We have it covered XD."

Some backstory, provided on the Tumblr, explains the waitress in question is Casual Cynic's mom, who had mentioned her Italian heritage in passing conversation with the diner. "Her people are from Florence, this and that, and she said she's never been." After leaving the tip, the diner simply "walked out, not another word."

Here's the full story:

Quote:
So my mom and I have been working the same waitress job for 5-6 years now. She had been waitressing years before, but this is recently. Anyway, about... 15 minutes ago this guy she waited on left and told her to take care. Just that. Prior to this she had talked to him about Italy. Her people are from Florence, this and that, and she said she's never been. She got 8 years of art education and she's working a waitress job. It's pretty... sad and disappointing, I guess. Her and my father divorced 6 years ago and she hasn't had a real job ever. Just been stuck in a small town she's not from. This man who we have never seen before tipped her 1,000 dollars for a trip to Italy. Walked out, not another word.

7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-24-2013, 08:27 AM   #596
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

nice
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:46 PM   #597
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

The cutest 90-something year-old lady wearing a name-tag saying "Hug Collector" came into my store today to talk about getting a pay-as-you-go phone then out of nowhere she asked if I wanted a hug. This simplest act of kindness made my day
yogibear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:59 AM   #598
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,695 Times in 1,625 Posts
Speaking of elderly women, I ran into one in my apartment mailbox area, and I was waiting for her to open her mailbox - when she suddenly burst out laughing.

Turns out she sent a letter to herself because she wrote her name/address in the recipient as well. We both had a good chuckle, and she held the elevator door for me until I was able to get my mail.

inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-28-2013, 11:07 PM   #599
Director of RS Cares

I went in for an ultrasound today at MedRay, parked on the street because I thought I got lucky with a free spot but it was infront of a hydrant. Was about to pull a U-y to park inside the paid lot when a young woman drove up next to me and asked if I wanted her parking validation ticket.

It was seriously the nicest thing I've had encountered in a long time (kinda sad if you think about it) and I was very grateful for her kindness especially when places like these doesn't exactly shout FUN. People are here for x-rays, ultrasounds, mammography, MRIs etc etc and although it's not always for something bad..you never know who might be going there because they received not so great information. Her gesture was small but a little goes a long way.

I got out of my car and thanked her as she left. (If you're on here..or someone that knows this girl who was here today--Asian, drove a black civic..2006+ model..THANK YOU!)

Then I waited in my car for a minute or 2 as I left for the next person to pull in which happened to be a woman who was probably going in for a mammography as she parked in that area of the lot. I could be wrong but regardless, I wanted to continue the good karma onto someone else and hope she passed it on as well.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:13 AM   #600
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Bought my co-worker some coffee and breakfast last week.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: