REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-12-2013, 06:47 PM   #651
PRINCESS

^I never donate straight cash either.

This one night I had girls night out and ate at milestone. My friends and I decided to go whole foods downstairs after our dinner to grab few stuff. Before we got into whole foods we saw a homeless guy in terrible shape. He looked caucasian but had strong European accent and didn't speak very good English.
Anyways so we decided to buy him an individual pizza from whole foods. My friend and I were outside first to have a smoke while the other two were buying their stuff & the pizza.
While I'm waiting for my friends to come out this crazy cat lady looking white lady comes up to me and tells me to give the man some change. I told her I only have my visa at the moment and that my friends are grabbing pizza inside.
She called my friend and I "snobby bitches in fancy heels" a "liar", swears even further and walks off. Total what the fuck moment. Even if i did have change I wouldn't give him money. I'm super against donating money to someone or charities without knowing where it'll go.
Anyways shortly after she walked off my friends came out with the pizza. The homeless guy was really grateful and said "god bless". Though I'm not religious, his words really warmed me up after the whole crazy lady incident.
Advertisement
MeowMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-13-2013, 09:47 AM   #652
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
found this

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-13-2013, 10:02 AM   #653
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,064 Times in 1,183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowMeow View Post
While I'm waiting for my friends to come out this crazy cat lady looking white lady comes up to me and tells me to give the man some change. I told her I only have my visa at the moment and that my friends are grabbing pizza inside.
WTF why didn't SHE give him some change?!

Who the hell tells others what to do?
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:20 AM   #654
PRINCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
WTF why didn't SHE give him some change?!

Who the hell tells others what to do?
She did give him some change.
But it was just rude how she totally judge my friend and I
And called us liars
Too bad she didn't get to see the pizza :/
MeowMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 06:55 AM   #655
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
I found a set of keys in my building so i put up a sign leaving my phone #. A friend of the owner saw the sign but didnt take my # right away(assuming in a rush) when he came back, the building manager took my sign down(I have no idea why he would do this) luckily he saw it earlier so he asked the building manager for the sign and called me.
I saved the owner atleast $400 cause he had 2 Key Fobs and 1 Car Key Fob.
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-14-2013, 09:35 AM   #656
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 1,128 Times in 339 Posts
GhostRider, that video is on CNN main page right now Awesome!
Old 08-14-2013, 12:02 PM   #657
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,582 Times in 4,298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowMeow View Post
She did give him some change.
But it was just rude how she totally judge my friend and I
And called us liars
Too bad she didn't get to see the pizza :/
u should of told her to shut her trap
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:53 PM   #658
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
Yesterday I was heading back to the office in Burnaby from my client meeting on West Pender, decided to take the scenic route along East Hastings. There was a van in front of me and somehow his wallet either flew off the dash out the window or he had it on the roof because there was a yard sale of cash, cards etc. flying toward my car. I honked at the guy, stopped my car over the majority of his belongings so the wind wouldn't blow it everywhere and watched him turn not knowing if he knew what had happened. I threw on the hazards, sat there for a couple minutes driving people nuts I'm sure (was in the left lane) not knowing if I should get out and try to collect his stuff (and potentially look like a thief if he came back) or just wait and hope he was looping around to come back.

Eventually I saw a guy running down Hastings and it was the wallet's rightful owner. I reversed, uncovered his belongings, got a big thumbs up and went back to work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-16-2013, 06:01 PM   #659
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

On my way home from work I noticed a brother and sister ( 5 years old and 3 years old tops ) selling lemonade from their front yard. Got suckered in by cuteness, pulled over and bought 5 cups worth and asked them why they were selling lemonade. They explained they were saving up for school supplies, my heart instantly melted, drove to Superstore grabbed a bunch of pencils, notebooks, coloring pencils, markers and dropped them off for them. There's nothing quite like the joy children express, so pure.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:26 AM   #660
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 3,267 Times in 547 Posts
Found a visa sitting in the middle of the parking lot at Whistler.

Thankfully there was an RCMP station next to the parking lot. It closed 10 min before I got there but at least someone was still able to ring me in so I could turn the card in. Hope that person got their card back!

Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-16-2013, 12:43 AM   #661
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
I'm sure you've seen some of this guy's vids
Feel good video

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
b0unce. [?] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:50 AM   #662
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Not knocking their intention but it would've been better as a hidden camera and they just did it rather than asking "What's the biggest tip you've ever gotten?".
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:36 AM   #663
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 5,279 Times in 603 Posts
was at my friend's hotel party when i felt the urge to grab some mcd's. i walk a few blocks down from the empire landmark and i see a mentally-ill man (appeared to be homeless) trying to order some food. he stands at the counter for a good 10 minutes, taking out several null mcd's gift cards in an attempt to pay for his order. after a while, i went up to the manager and said, "uh excuse me, i can pay for his order."
the man ultimately pulls out this one card that has enough to cover it, so the manager tells me to forget it
it wasn't much; his order was like 6-7 bucks. it wasn't a complete act of kindness, since i never got to pay for his food. But, at least i tried
one of the employees was like, "this guy, every fucking day"
Old 09-21-2013, 03:28 PM   #664
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
Was at the Korean fruit and vegetable place next to Michael's in Coquitlam. Older dude with his son were trying to change a flat tire on a compact size Toyota. There was a can of tire sealant next to the vehicle, so I gathered it didn't work out. The father had the scissor jack out and was trying very hard to jack up the car with only the bar with the hook on it. It was painfully obvious this guy had never done this kind of thing before. I politley went up to them and showed them how to use the tire iron part in conjunction with the bar with the hook. A light goes on and they thanked me. I also let them know that loosening up the lug nuts prior to lifting the tire off the ground would be the best thing. I had to go, but I think they had it under control. The son looked like he was about 17 or 18. He was pretty skinny, so he had a hard time loosening the lug nuts. I told him to jump on the tire iron, but still it was not good enough. I ended up loosening them before I left. Father was like thanking me with praying hands and bows.

Good deed for the day.......... I hope they tightened the lug nuts enough. I did tell them to tighten the nuts in a criss cross pattern, too.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-21-2013, 09:36 PM   #665
I subscribe to Revscene

Thanked 1,179 Times in 301 Posts
found a samsung galaxy s4 today at extreme air park.took me awhile to find the owner.
boatcaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-22-2013, 11:58 AM   #666
VLS Head Mod

The Boyf and I were heading back from downtown and I texted him about this hot chick. Next thing I know his phone is calling me and someone says they found his phone on Davies. Met up with guy and got it back.
Posted via RS Mobile
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-22-2013, 01:01 PM   #667
Rider

Couple of weeks ago I was walking to MCD for lunch at the corner of Boundary and Lougheed. I was crossing and I noticed a blind guy standing there waiting to cross.
After 10 minutes I got my lunch to go and was going back to my workplace to eat. I walked out and noticed the blind guy still standing there. I asked him if he's waiting to cross. Right away he grabbed my arm and I told him the cross walk lights on this intersection does not activate if no one presses the sensors. Poor guy was probably waiting a while. I guided him across the street and asked him where he needed to go. It was a block away and he insisted he was ok to go on his own as he needs practice. It was his first solo trip. Poor guy, it was a very warm and hot day too.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:59 AM   #668
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Atlanta Couple Invites 200 Homeless People To Dinner After Daughter Calls Off Her Wedding ? Consumerist

Quote:
As the ancient Sumerian saying goes: Waste not, want not. And it was the waste of a four-course dinner for 200 guests that one couple decided against, after their daughter called off her wedding 40 days before the scheduled nuptials. Instead of simply canceling the event, the parents still held it — inviting 200 of Atlanta’s homeless to a dinner reception.

The couple joined up with a local charity that serves families in need, reports WBUR.org, to transform the former wedding event into the family’s first annual “Celebration of Love” on Saturday.

“We’re very pleased that she’s handling it so well,” says the mother of how her daughter is handling the change in plans (she also attended the event). “She was also very delighted to see and know that others had an opportunity to enjoy something, rather than just allow it to go to waste.”

The head of the charity says she didn’t believe it at first when the couple called the organization with the dinner offer.

“At first, I thought it was a prank call because it was such an amazing offering,” she explained. And then she said she wanted to focus on women and families, that she wanted to focus on children at which 70 percent of the homeless in Atlanta are children.”
Those kids had an especially memorable time at the event. I don’t know about you, but when I was eight I wouldn’t know what to do at such a fancy occasion.

“The passed hors d’oeuvre were very interesting because the children were wondering, ‘could we take the whole tray, or do we just take one off of the tray?’” she explained. “So this was an educational opportunity as well, because now they all know how to eat at a four-course meal and the etiquette involved in that.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-24-2013, 10:22 AM   #669
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Was at an Orange Julius picking up some smoothie then I noticed a S4 sitting on the chasier counter so I grabbed it and gave it to the cashier. Hope the owner ccomes back and ask if they found a phone.

I'd freak out if I lose mine.
fishCak3s is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-30-2013, 10:43 PM   #670
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Thought this was appropriate for the thread.

Spoiler!
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-01-2013, 12:04 AM   #671
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,543 Times in 840 Posts
Continuing on with the trend of lost phones

Found a dudes iPhone at the gym today.

warm feelings were had when he got it at the counter.
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-01-2013, 12:07 AM   #672
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,036 Times in 276 Posts
Up at SFU in the subway line up, there was a women in a wheelchair who had trouble going into the area where you line up to get your order (those pull out divider things). So I go over and move all the things over so she can like, line up..she gave me a deathglare...

My buddy tried to tell me that lots of people, such as elderly don't appreciate,and are sometimes actually offended by being helped, any truth to this? I try to help out as much as I can...hold open doors, give up the seat, help carry groceries to cars, is this kind of thing sometimes slap in the face to some people?
1989 Yamaha Virago XV535 (sold)
1994 Ford Ranger (sold)
1998 Subaru Legacy Wagon (sold)
2014 Toyota Corolla (loaner)
1996 Isuzu Trooper (RIP🔥)
2003 Jetta Wolfie (sold)
1963 (T)rusty Stude Lark (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilaznviper View Post
kunoman is still alive! not raped by oil riggers yet....
kunoman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:22 AM   #673
2 Wheelin' Mod

My boss is in a wheel chair and he was telling me that some people don't like being helped because it seems to them that you are looking down upon them because you can do things they can't.

This was after I moved a chair to make room for our client who is also in a wheel chair and received a glare and didn't seem to pleased about what I did.

My boss told me not to help unless they ask for help (we have a lot of clients that are in wheel chairs)
Posted via RS Mobile
Jas29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:36 AM   #674
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
^ Yes -- I've had more than few cases with people who are too proud.
Meh, your heart is in the right place, that's worth something.

At work a few weekends ago, I got in a car to drive it to another location and I saw some brown bills sticking out from under the car mat (I had to bend down to move the seat, and I noticed it). Lifted up the mat, grabbed the money (~$400 if i recall correctly), made a mental note of the car number, drove to where I needed to go and when I got back to my computer I searched up the car.

Apparently the person who rented it two rentals ago was a dude I was helping ~a week prior to me finding the money. He had called in to tell us he left money in the car but by the time he called us the car was already gone. I called the guy up and let him know I found his money -- I felt especially bad because the guy was young like me, and he was having a ton of problems trying to auth his credit card (obvious not someone rich, or something with superfluous amounts of money -- guy had to call his credit card to manually bump up his limit for the auth).

Anyways, he told me it was birthday money he got (I had his DL info and I looked it up, his birthday was the day before he picked the car up lol) and he put the cash under the mat for safe keeping while he went somewhere.

Felt pretty good helping him out -- I could've easily pocketed the money and just not called him back (he already assumed it was lost because the car was gone on rent again).

... but I guess that's just work. People routinely leave all sorts of expensive crap in cars in the haste to GTFO, always try my best to call them up/email them.
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:15 AM   #675
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
MG1's post reminded me about something that happened a couple months ago.

I was headed up to Salmon Arm via the Coquihalla during one of the hottest days of the year and decided to stop off up at the Summit at the Britton Creek rest area in order to stretch my legs and grab a bite to eat at the food vendor. I noticed a lady in an older, 80's truck that had obviously overheated. She kept pouring jugs of water into the radiator, only to have it pour right back out. I usually keep a decent selection of tools in my trunk when I go for long drives, so I grabbed a few tools, crawled underneath the truck and noticed the lower rad hose had a leak right by the clamp. I cut off the damaged section, clamped it back on, and voila - no more leak. We ended up convoying the rest of the way to Merritt just to make sure she didn't break down again.

And on a similar vein, I had someone help me out last year on the Coquihalla as well. I was driving back to Langley at around 11pm in November and got caught in the first snow storm of the year up on the Summit. I was in the Accord and still had summer tires on (stupid, stupid move... I know). The snow was blowing so hard and thick that I literally couldn't see twenty feet in front of me. Two other drivers and I had pulled off to the side of the road and we agreed to convoy it up until at least the Britton Creek rest area. We all happened to have FRS radios so we radioed one another to take turns taking the lead up. We eventually made it up to the Zopkiosk (trucker's stop right before the hill leading to the hill descent that is the Snow Shed). I pulled over at the Zopkiosk and got to talking to a b-train driver who was busy chaining up. He offered to take the descent super slow if I was up to drafting him and driving in his tire marks. Not particularly wanting to spend the night up there, and seeing as the hill leading out of Hope had already been closed due to an accident (if you're watching this season of Highway Thru Hell, that night was on the first episode), I took him up on the offer. It took about fifteen minutes to descend about three kilometres but I made it and the driver let me know when it was good to finally pass him and go on my way.

The one thing I like about the Coquihalla is that there are always people out there willing to give you a hand. Cell phone service is super spotty, especially in the mountains up there, so you're more often than not stuck relying on a passerby to help you out. Tow trucks do patrol the area but you can go for hours before seeing one. I do try to help out people as often as I can, simply because -- like the example I just posted about myself -- I know there will be a time I'll need a hand.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: