REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-13-2012, 02:19 PM   #301
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
That's a weird ATM... dispensing money is usually the LAST step! So by then, your transaction's already closed and you should have your card in hand.
Nope, that's how all BMO machines work as far as I know. I've been using BMO for over 15 years, and every single machine I've gone to spits out the money immediately after you submit the withdrawal request, and then asks you if you want to do any other transactions.

It wasn't until I used a TD bank machine for the first time two days ago did I notice that it was different and spat out the money at the very end.
Advertisement
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-13-2012, 03:01 PM   #302
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,579 Times in 4,296 Posts
Today I was at Saveon and a guy left hes Visa card in the debit machine. I ran out side flagged him down in his car and gave it to him. He was very thankful cause it was a company card and being a friday would of been worried all weekend.
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-13-2012, 03:23 PM   #303
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,060 Times in 1,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul View Post
Nope, that's how all BMO machines work as far as I know. I've been using BMO for over 15 years, and every single machine I've gone to spits out the money immediately after you submit the withdrawal request, and then asks you if you want to do any other transactions.

It wasn't until I used a TD bank machine for the first time two days ago did I notice that it was different and spat out the money at the very end.
Ahh... I've only used TD and Scotiabank ATMs (which spit out money at the very end).

I dunno - seems like BMO machines should be re-programmed to make them more idiot-proof!
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:30 PM   #304
Founder, RS Veteran

sorry if reposted

Stuck on the Road: Who Would You Help? | Video - ABC News

4 min 21s mark is the focus

Bored? Follow jACE on Twitter or check out his homepage.
jACEDesignsLtd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:20 PM   #305
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
I was heading out of my office in the afternoon today to grab some food. I see a girl, late 20's ish, in the building lobby with TONS of stuff with her. Like 2 suitcases, 3 clear garbage bags full of random stuff, and a hardshell guitar case. She seemed to be struggling with something, so I asked her if she needed any help.

Turns out she just moved here from Toronto, and she has an interview with one of the offices in the building. She was supposed to stop at her friend's place beforehand, but her flight arrived late and she had to make the interview, so she came straight to the building.

She asked if there was some sort of storage in the building.. or at least a safe place where she could put her stuff while she goes to her interview. I was a bit hesitant at first, but I offered to let her store her stuff in my office until after the interview.

She came to my office after the interview, and I take her to grab some coffee. Turns out she has some interesting stories. She's an entrepreneur, so right away we had a connection. She was raised by a single parent, who happened to pass away just a couple months ago so she's been on her own. She's also super tight on cash, and the interview for this job was kind of an all-in situation for her. She doesn't have a phone, so she was relying on a payphone or catching free wifi with her laptop to reach her friend. I lend her my phone.. turns out her friend's boyfriend has the car, and won't be back for a few hours. We were downtown, and of course she has to get all the damn way to Surrey. She was asking me about Skytrain, bus routes, etc. I figure what the hell.. this girl has tons of shit with her, I'm not gonna be doing anything for the rest of the day at work, and a trip that could take her 2 hours or more only takes me like half an hour. So I offer her a ride. She almost teared up and was super thankful. She said nothing's been going her way since her dad passed away. We had a lot of interesting conversation during the ride, and when I dropped her off, we traded contacts, she offered me gas money, and I declined. I told her she could buy me lunch when she gets the job she interviewed for

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0

Last edited by PJ; 04-16-2012 at 10:28 PM.
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:12 PM   #306
RS controls my life!

^

Great story

But I'm sure all of revscene is wondering if she was good looking/hot?
red_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:19 AM   #307
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,646 Times in 2,302 Posts
pics of girl
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:43 AM   #308
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ View Post
I was heading out of my office in the afternoon today to grab some food. I see a girl, late 20's ish, in the building lobby with TONS of stuff with her. Like 2 suitcases, 3 clear garbage bags full of random stuff, and a hardshell guitar case. She seemed to be struggling with something, so I asked her if she needed any help.

Turns out she just moved here from Toronto, and she has an interview with one of the offices in the building. She was supposed to stop at her friend's place beforehand, but her flight arrived late and she had to make the interview, so she came straight to the building.

She asked if there was some sort of storage in the building.. or at least a safe place where she could put her stuff while she goes to her interview. I was a bit hesitant at first, but I offered to let her store her stuff in my office until after the interview.

She came to my office after the interview, and I take her to grab some coffee. Turns out she has some interesting stories. She's an entrepreneur, so right away we had a connection. She was raised by a single parent, who happened to pass away just a couple months ago so she's been on her own. She's also super tight on cash, and the interview for this job was kind of an all-in situation for her. She doesn't have a phone, so she was relying on a payphone or catching free wifi with her laptop to reach her friend. I lend her my phone.. turns out her friend's boyfriend has the car, and won't be back for a few hours. We were downtown, and of course she has to get all the damn way to Surrey. She was asking me about Skytrain, bus routes, etc. I figure what the hell.. this girl has tons of shit with her, I'm not gonna be doing anything for the rest of the day at work, and a trip that could take her 2 hours or more only takes me like half an hour. So I offer her a ride. She almost teared up and was super thankful. She said nothing's been going her way since her dad passed away. We had a lot of interesting conversation during the ride, and when I dropped her off, we traded contacts, she offered me gas money, and I declined. I told her she could buy me lunch when she gets the job she interviewed for
Sounds like a script from a movie! Lol! Good for you! Khama
crazie_gsr is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-17-2012, 07:20 AM   #309
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
You did a good thing there, PJ. I would have done the same............ you probably made a friend for life, I bet. And, showed an easterner some fine western hospitality!
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-17-2012, 07:40 AM   #310
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazie_gsr View Post
+1
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:30 AM   #311
PJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_2 View Post
But I'm sure all of revscene is wondering if she was good looking/hot?
Haha I'm not going to lie. It didn't hurt that she was good looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazie_gsr View Post
Might just have to turn this one into a script! I actually have a book deal in progress right now for something else.. Who knows. Maybe I'll do some more writing soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
You did a good thing there, PJ. I would have done the same............ you probably made a friend for life, I bet. And, showed an easterner some fine western hospitality!
I just got back from China too.. And when I was there, I didn't know any Mandarin. I had no one to talk to other than my business contacts.. So I know how hard it can be living in an unfamiliar place, not knowing anyone.

That's exactly what I was thinking about making a new friend. For all I know, we could be friends for the rest of our lives

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
Old 04-17-2012, 10:33 AM   #312
Editor

Thanked 3,179 Times in 874 Posts
pssh, nobody cares what else you say, now that you told us she's good looking =P

but really, good on ya man!
Old 04-17-2012, 10:39 AM   #313
PJ

She's not SMOKIN hot, but she's not unattractive.
I mean.. like..
should I just stop now

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
This post thanked by:
Old 04-17-2012, 10:42 AM   #314
Editor

Thanked 3,179 Times in 874 Posts
Quote:
I mean.. like..
should I just stop now
Old 04-17-2012, 12:00 PM   #315

Quote:
I mean.. like..
should I just stop now
Do you have a gf? maybe she will give you some sugar for being a nice guy
This post thanked by:
Old 04-17-2012, 12:37 PM   #316
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

PJ, that's pretty awesome. It really does sound like something out of a movie!

Hope she does get the job; she sounds like she's really got it rough.
RicePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-17-2012, 01:01 PM   #317
PJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjoint View Post
Do you have a gf? maybe she will give you some sugar for being a nice guy
Haha, while we were talking in the car, she did mention that she's single. She's 4 years older than me.. but she kept dropping the "age doesn't matter" line. I'm pretty sure she's interested.. got some Skype chat messages on my phone at 1am

On the other hand, I'm kind of in one of those on-off situations with my gf right now.. don't know if I wanna complicate things further any time soon.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
Old 04-17-2012, 01:07 PM   #318

Quote:
Haha, while we were talking in the car, she did mention that she's single. She's 4 years older than me.. but she kept dropping the "age doesn't matter" line. I'm pretty sure she's interested.. got some Skype chat messages on my phone at 1am

On the other hand, I'm kind of in one of those on-off situations with my gf right now.. don't know if I wanna complicate things further any time soon.
Haha tough situation. Having a backup plan is always good if things with your current gf don't work out. She messaged you at 1AM? , that can only mean 1 thing.....
This post thanked by:
Old 04-17-2012, 01:09 PM   #319
In RS I Trust

Quote:

You never know what could happen, things are on and off with your g/f for a reason and someone like this might help you come to a decission. If not at least have some fun life is way too short!!
This post thanked by:
Old 04-17-2012, 01:14 PM   #320
PJ

WOW! Got my own signature thrown in my face! LOL

I'm actually meeting her for coffee again this week.. She's a cool girl. I'm completely fine with just being friends with her!

However.. she told me her 2 favourite foods are pho and sushi.. hearing that from a white girl I was like

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
Old 04-17-2012, 01:27 PM   #321
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

^Id drop everything and go for her

you dont hear that often, a white girl liking sushi and pho

haha but good on you PJ
wuuhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-17-2012, 01:30 PM   #322
In RS I Trust

You guys need to know the white girls I know if you don't hear that often

I didn't even have a clue that was on your sig PJ lol
This post thanked by:
Old 04-17-2012, 01:30 PM   #323
G
Banned (BBM)

G is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-17-2012, 01:37 PM   #324

I like white girls
Old 04-17-2012, 02:14 PM   #325
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

wow attractive lonely vulnerable white girl that likes sushi and pho, pix please
sam0m0 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: