REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-11-2009, 05:49 AM   #1
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,509 Times in 4,901 Posts
Random Acts of Kindness

Would like to hear some stories of good deeds people have done. I want my faith in the human race restored. I don't want to hear about other people in the news. I want to hear it first hand from RS members.

Tell everybody about something good you did today or in the past.

Honesty, kindness, helping others in distress, heroics, contributions, volunteering, etc. I want to hear some positive news for a change.

Please keep the jokes and dumbass comments to a minimum.

Looking forward to hearing the good stuff. GO, RS.
Advertisement
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-11-2009, 11:04 AM   #2
I STILL don't get it

I supported local businesses by buying my lunch from them
pawdregry4g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:24 AM   #3
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
i buy/distribute food/clothes/money to the homeless on a regular basis, ill even have a conversation with them about their day or whatever they want to chat about.. they key is not to speak to them like they're homeless(handicapped in any form) but just a regular joe

i donate to charities at times too but not usually, i doubt how most make use of the funds/materials

learned it from my mom, ever since i was a lil kid id always see her giving to homeless ppl on the streets and she always tells me its the right thing to do so i picked up on it

nothing religous mind you i know first thing ppl might think "oh religious nut"... well maybe a lil because of Ramadan id hear about providing food/money to the poor and fasting to know how they feel.. so that had a bit of influence on me
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-11-2009, 11:24 AM   #4
G'd up! w000weee

I was down in the States and I stopped in the rest area for a break. An asian lady approached me, she was dressed as a nurse. She said she was driving home and her car is almost all out of gas.

She showed me her wallet, includingher DL, nursing licence, etc. In the end I gave her $20USD. She asked me to write down my address and said she was going to mail me back $30 for helping her. It felt good to help her...I believe in karma.

This was yesterday, so it'll be a while before I find out whether she was telling the truth or lying. Regardless, I felt like I did the right thing.
mmmk is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-11-2009, 11:44 AM   #5
My homepage has been set to RS

There was a guy on the steps between Superstore and the Boston Pizza plaza yesterday at metro. Seemed like a really nice guy, not those kinda bums who keep heckling you. I obviously didnt want to give him money to just use for drugs, so I offered gum which he couldnt eat due to false teeth Gave him my mints from Boston Pizza on the way back. The I loook back and thers some guy harrassing him, while the homeless man is just trying to walk away. Me and my cousins decided to go get him some food from Superstore, and ended up getting some milk chocolate and that three pack of mittens, scarf and toque. Hopefully he stays warm!
ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-11-2009, 11:48 AM   #6
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

I flush after going No 2 in select bathrooms.
Wongtouski is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-11-2009, 12:02 PM   #7
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
One evening this past summer, I was putting air into my car tires at Chevron. As I was leaving, this asian lady in a mazda 5 comes up with her 2 kids and asks me to fill air into her tires because she's never done it before. Okay, you guys probably think this could be funny and stupid, but she told me she's never put air into her tires for 3 years :S. Ended up checking all her tires and putting air into them.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 12:09 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvxo View Post
One evening this past summer, I was putting air into my car tires at Chevron. As I was leaving, this asian lady in a mazda 5 comes up with her 2 kids and asks me to fill air into her tires because she's never done it before. Okay, you guys probably think this could be funny and stupid, but she told me she's never put air into her tires for 3 years :S. Ended up checking all her tires and putting air into them.
LOL YOU'RE A BITCH HAHAA. jk, nice thing you did tho.
yellowpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 12:14 PM   #9

I give money to hobo's on the streets.

O o
/Ż/___________________________ _ __/
| SHOOP DA WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!!
\_\ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ Ż ŻŻ\
JHuJHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 12:16 PM   #10
Banned (BBM)

i support my local Tim whoreton's everyday by buying their coffee
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 12:21 PM   #11
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajax View Post
There was a guy on the steps between Superstore and the Boston Pizza plaza yesterday at metro. Seemed like a really nice guy, not those kinda bums who keep heckling you. I obviously didnt want to give him money to just use for drugs, so I offered gum which he couldnt eat due to false teeth Gave him my mints from Boston Pizza on the way back. The I loook back and thers some guy harrassing him, while the homeless man is just trying to walk away. Me and my cousins decided to go get him some food from Superstore, and ended up getting some milk chocolate and that three pack of mittens, scarf and toque. Hopefully he stays warm!
If its the same guy that's usually there, I've given him a full pasta dish from BP cause we over ordered. And just some spare change a few times.
TOS'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 12:33 PM   #12
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 2,237 Times in 251 Posts
Saw a hungry guy with his dog in front of the mcdonalds near robson and thurlow. He asked for change cuz he was hungry. Problem was I usually never carry any cash let alone lose change. I told him I could grab him a couple of burgers. I went in lined up for like 10 minutes since it was lunch time and bought him a few cheeseburgers.

Don't know if he shared it with his dog though haha. He probably did.
ziggyx is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-11-2009, 12:36 PM   #13
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

I have a good innocent bystander story...

Im currently in a sling because i dislocated my elbow... so im typing this with one hand. Anyways i was skateboarding and i see a cute chick about to cross the street. She smiles at me and i smil back at her. After passing her by about 5 feet i fly off my skateboard and BAIL!. She looks at me when i get up and can totally see my arm all bent out of shape. Shes like "OMG are you alright?" i look at my arm and respond "No i dont really think so". "Theres a hospital right across the way, here let me walk you" she responds. She picks up my skate board and walks with me to the hospital.

She waits with me the whole time!! i never have seen this girl before. As im awaiting a Dr we are in the waiting room at we get to talking, she just moved in to my area last week! and lives a block away. In the current state of shock that im in i didnt hesitate to ask the cute girl for her number. She takes the phone from out of my pocket and types it in.

So i finally get to see a Dr where they then knock me out on ketamine and ask the girl to leave. So i wake up... they fix my arm... blah blah blah... I leave the hospital.

First thing i did when i left was called the girl and asked her out to dinner to say thanks for helping me in my time of need. She gets extra karma points for this one as she waited about 3 hours with some guy she never knew before!

Long story short... i got a date next week with a cute girl and a date with a Dr next tuesday for surgery!! its the price you pay i guess.... hahaha

www.l2sc.net

Last edited by FiveDime; 10-11-2009 at 12:47 PM.
FiveDime is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-11-2009, 12:43 PM   #14
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

^^haha awesome story, keep us updated!

anyways, i hold doors open for people, then give dirty looks if they dont say thanks
van_driver is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-11-2009, 12:50 PM   #15
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

This one time at RPM i went to play video games and a person who semi lost the use of their legs had slipped down and had those dual crutches things . anyhow i asked him if he needed help since it seemed like he woudln't be able to get back up.

it was weird i got up behind him and straight picked him up vertically. He was grateful, i was hoping some cute chick saw what happened, but w/e

made me feel good

other times i help people put their spare tires on.
2005 Honda Jazz

BuySell Feedback
Quote:
"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good ... They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time. "
Leopold Stotch is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-11-2009, 02:31 PM   #16
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Some homeless guy was trying to buy a dozen doughnuts and coffee at Tim Hortons with a Tim Hortons gift card. I guess he was a little short on the card so he was like well take back the coffee. I overheard and told the lady to just give the man his card back and I'd pay for it all. He was very thankful.

I remember about 19 years ago when my dad first started his business he had an employee that had just moved from the Maritimes. He didn't have money to buy gifts for his kids so my dad took me to toys R' Us. He bought a bunch of stuff for his kids and put some money in an envolope and left it all by there door anonymously on Xmas Eve. At the time my dad didn't have a lot of money either but he showed me early on that giving is more rewarding then receiving.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa

Last edited by quasi; 10-12-2009 at 02:35 PM.
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 02:37 PM   #17
Banned (ABWS)

I fucked the fat girl on Friday.
CivicTypeRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 02:51 PM   #18
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,646 Times in 2,302 Posts
extra 20 points for you ^
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 03:01 PM   #19
G'd up! w000weee

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicTypeRice View Post
I fucked the fat girl on Friday.
are u the type who likes to fuck fat girls though? if you aren't...then props to u

if you like fat girls, then stop bragging
mmmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 03:19 PM   #20
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveDime View Post
Long story short... i got a date next week with a cute girl and a date with a Dr next tuesday for surgery!! its the price you pay i guess.... hahaha
^ awsome. hope it turns out great for you

only thing i ever done was chase down a MILF who left her purse at the restaurant by accident because she was overwhelmed by her bratty kids and forgot... only to be chased down myself at the same time by a waiter who thought i was running out on my bill

Last edited by thumper; 10-11-2009 at 06:49 PM.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 04:56 PM   #21
I STILL don't get it

gave 5$ to a hobo who got maced
XxFcukxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 05:26 PM   #22
DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?

Thanked 2,571 Times in 689 Posts
I bum smokes to just about anybody who asks me for one.
Though I doubt that's a good deed lol.
Culture_Vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 05:28 PM   #23
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

people who are short a few bucks at restaurants or convenient stores, i'll just hook them up
help people change a flat
i guess just general things

member of the "Go To Jail For BoA Anytime Crew"
URA RENGE - Taijutsu Master of the Hidden Revscene Village

{o,o} ......ya rly!
/)__)
-"-"-
PSN: AznAlien
Grandmaster TSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 05:29 PM   #24
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

being a jeep owner gives you certain responsibilities
ive jumped 3 cars/trucks in the last year
towed a van out of a 10 foot ditch during a snowstorm last year
yanked some punk kid out of a huge mud hole on the side of a trail last weekend and ripped my trailer hitch off in the process
helped some dude change a trailer tire on his 5th wheel because i could see he was strugling with it (having an eletectric impact in the jeep helps with that haha)
jeffh is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-11-2009, 05:47 PM   #25
Need my Daily Fix of RS

I was driving home from work (~3am ish) and was 2 minutes from my house when i saw a garbage fire. the guy driving in front of me stopped as well and we told the owner his garbage bin was knocked over and on fire(pretty big). I think the owner then proceeded to call 911. By the time the firetruck and popo arrived, the house next to this owners house started blazing on fire. It was weird, I didn't get it at all. Anyways, i swear there was like 20 people living in that house. No one was hurt i stayed for the whole thing, lend a hand where I could (which was no where rofl).
versep is offline   Reply With Quote