REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 10-18-2009, 06:22 AM   #26
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

imo i don't think the dbag is gonna work out lol

Gesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 09:42 AM   #27
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gesus View Post
imo i don't think the dbag is gonna work out lol
No no.. I'm not saying that he should just start behaving like a Dbag.

Yes, its an angle but OP has nothing to lose. OP already stated that the girl of interest is still in the position of wanting to 'just be friends' and he also mentioned that he has lost interest. So, lets make it a better situation. If she has cute friends.. move on to them. All the while maintaining the 'friend' status with this chick. NO more long chats on the phone... if you must focus the topic on something else.. not her.

at the end of the day, "OP honestly deserve someone really good"
Old 10-18-2009, 10:49 PM   #28
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I value our friendship and I don’t want to hurt you.
I enjoy being your friend and want to continue to be your friend, but I don’t want to give you the wrong idea. I will also understand if you don’t want to hang out with me anymore or if you want to distance yourself from me or you want me to tone things down

You’ve been a great friend and you’re a wonderful person and I hope we can still be friends."

^THat's actually a very good way to let someone down. I wish most people, men AND women, were this clear, honest and to the point.

FS: CAVI/SUNFIRE ECOTEC 2.2L OEM ENGINE PARTS
(CAMS, HEAD, VALVE COVER, BLOCK, AIR BOX, ETC ETC)

FS: OEM CAVALIER/SUNFIRE SEATS - 9/10.[/SIZE]
BallPeenHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:33 PM   #29
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

^^ i heard those lines in a movie somewhere lol
Durrann1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 04:21 PM   #30
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
when i get in situations like this i always throw down the

"I don't see myself being friends, and I don't think we should hang out if we arn't seeing eachother mutually"

Usually gets good results. Plus guys should never be girls with friends, unless they are co-workers, or someone you can't touch.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:28 PM   #31
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinHurricane View Post
when i get in situations like this i always throw down the

"I don't see myself being friends, and I don't think we should hang out if we arn't seeing eachother mutually"

Usually gets good results. Plus guys should never be girls with friends, unless they are co-workers, or someone you can't touch.
yah, i tend to distance myself from getting too friendly with girls, unless i myself have absolutely no interest in them.

i have this girl friend who's like a best buddy to me, we talk and hang out a lot, but there is 100% no feelings involved. this sorta friendship could only take place because she happens to be one of my buddy's gf
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 01:46 AM   #32
My homepage has been set to RS

I agree with alot of people's perspectives on the thread, but in my experience good girlfriends can become real girlfriends later on as time flies by...

Long conversations on the phone...hmm, sometimes needed, but if not needed...just get ur point across and leave it at that.

and this:

I value our FRIENDship and I don’t want to hurt you.
I enjoy being your FRIEND and want to continue to be your FRIEND, but I don’t want to give you the wrong idea. I will also understand if you don’t want to hang out with me anymore or if you want to distance yourself from me or you want me to tone things down

You’ve been a great FRIEND and you’re a wonderful person and I hope we can still be FRIENDs."

if the person said this whole paragraph on one go, then it's looking grim for u bud

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyyxjayy View Post
What if someone sold you cocaine, but it was laundry detergent ?
danlee78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 01:12 PM   #33
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

if she says "I'm sorry but I just like you as a friend"

probably means, even tho u two have "great chemistry" she's got better options atm either because you failed at making her interested right from the start (the art of flirting......) or because the "great chemistry" is one way. Am I wrong... I thought chemistry meant more than just getting along great? ie sexual tension n shit haha

if u spent this much time with a girl, you likely exposed something about urself that turned her off from seeing u as anything more than a friend.

when we friend zone guys, its because thats all we see them as being. more or less premanently (at least for me). you're not going to suddenly become a candidate for "more than friends" unless you, or her idea of what she wants in a bf changes. don't count on it happening tho, a few weeks and/or extra effort isn't going to make a difference imo.
juicyjum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 01:17 PM   #34
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preemo View Post
Walk away. Keep that friendship. You never know what will happen down the line. But in the meantime, keep your options open. ALWAYS keep them open for times like these. It's not worth being all emo and shit over a girl who doesn't want to get involved with you.

she's not into u but ur not so horrible that she wouldnt be friends with u.
sorry for being blunt.

definitely keep the friendship.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:38 PM   #35
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

friendzoned for sure

hell i always say its better getting to know someone while you date them rather than be friends with someone then try and date them
Mr.Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:34 PM   #36
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,341 Times in 970 Posts
I still do NOT know why people ask these stupid questions in front of a girl "i really like you and i want to move this to another level" If this is the case, you're already IN the friend zone.
If the girls have feelings for you, both of ou would be hugging and at least hold each other's hands and be super flirtious with each other. None of the "talk on the phone for hours" type crap. By the 3rd or 4th date, you should be leaning your lips so close to her that she wants to kiss you. (UNLESS you're still in high school)

i don't think I ever had the "talk" with the girl. Let's just say, the "TALK" is the black widow, it's guaranteeed FAIL if you have to do the talk.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 10:44 AM   #37
Banned (ABWS)

In those long convos does she ever mention other guys?

But ya, you asked her and she spelled it out loud and clear. Only friends. Next time you are together try and cop a boob feel. Maybe get her drunk.

The only diff between friends and bf/gf is the fucking, and you made her aware that's what you want. So from now on let your hands do the talking.
Posted via RS Mobile
azzurro32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 11:25 AM   #38
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Refer to this article on how to DE-FRIEND-ZONING yourself:

http://www.thebachelorguy.com/skills...iend-zone.html

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 11:29 AM   #39
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucsmfu View Post
so far, we just exchanged emails, she kept apologizing and said "so where does this leave us now?"

"you honestly deserve someone really good

are we still friends? do you want to?"

I just replied friends is cool and she said ok

that's pretty much it, if she does ask me to hang out etc.. I might just make up an excuse to tell her that i'm busy, my level of interest in her has dropped.

I think thats the worst thing to do. You should keep her by ur side AS A FRIEND.

So, when you meet a potential candidate next time, you have her as your coach to make sure the situation does not repeat.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 01:07 PM   #40
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post
I think thats the worst thing to do. You should keep her by ur side AS A FRIEND.

So, when you meet a potential candidate next time, you have her as your coach to make sure the situation does not repeat.
ok, soo she asked me to hang out again, and we went to Granville island, we had a pretty good time and she asked me if I still like her ?

what is she thinking now ?, change of heart ? or I shouldn't think too much about it
Old 11-14-2009, 01:26 PM   #41
I don't get it

She's testing to see if you are her tool
Posted via RS Mobile
butter_sashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 01:27 PM   #42
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

more so it seems she doesnt want to lead you on so she is just checking to see if you do or not aka if u do she will see u less.

find another girl
Mr.Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 01:49 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Jay View Post
more so it seems she doesnt want to lead you on so she is just checking to see if you do or not aka if u do she will see u less.

find another girl
i totally can't read her
Old 11-14-2009, 01:52 PM   #44
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirevtuner View Post
hey i wonder if it is poossible that a guy can friendzone the chick? if it does happen, it will be rare...
I friendzone all my booty calls ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL9000 View Post
this is the internet and everyone knows better about what happened sitting behind a desk than the people who are actually involved.
buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:37 PM   #45
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

agreed. totally testing to see if ur her tool.

stop reading into it. just let it go - if its meant to be something, itll happen.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:42 AM   #46
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Jay View Post

find another girl
i think so too.

i don't think you should hang out with her one on one as much. what's the point? can you hang out with more people?

so, what was your response when she asked you this? did you ask her why she asked?

ebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 02:34 PM   #47
Glorious Gaming PC Master Race

women are stupid if they think they can be friends with a guy.

if im you're friend...i want to fuck you.

if i offer to help you with anything...i want to fuck you.

if i talk on the phone for hours with you...i want to fuck you.

its pretty simple to understand a man.

we don't put women in the friend-zone, either we want to fuck you, or already are.

Otherwise you're taking up the time we could be hanging out with our bros, talking about women we'd like to fuck, car chases and exploding shit.

edit: guys, if you are in the friendzone, walk away. there's nothing for you here.

I dunno about you but id rather not get pussy if it means i wasn't #1 on the list.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:17 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo E View Post
women are stupid if they think they can be friends with a guy.

if im you're friend...i want to fuck you.

if i offer to help you with anything...i want to fuck you.

if i talk on the phone for hours with you...i want to fuck you.

its pretty simple to understand a man.

we don't put women in the friend-zone, either we want to fuck you, or already are.

Otherwise you're taking up the time we could be hanging out with our bros, talking about women we'd like to fuck, car chases and exploding shit.

edit: guys, if you are in the friendzone, walk away. there's nothing for you here.

I dunno about you but id rather not get pussy if it means i wasn't #1 on the list.
very true

so today, we had lunch together and she was finally opened to talk about our situation. I asked her why she only sees me as a friend. She says that she likes me as a friend but isn't attractive to me or likes me in a way for something more. She then talks about she's not looking for a relationship blah blah. So at least, she was pretty straight forward, and yet she wants to be friends still and likes hanging out with me 1 on 1 but only as friends.

She tells me that i'm her only guy friend she feels comfortable talking to and is very close to. I told her, lots of things we do are not considered as friends but more like more couples. She just said she understands but she only likes me as a friend. She says that it's the liking feeling, and it's not there for a relationship and she thinks it's not fair she doesn't like me and I like her.

So basically, that was that, I'm more relaxed now and will get over this pretty soon. Haha, what can I say, all the girls i've met are always like this, friends this, friends that. They all see scared to give relationships a try. By the way, this girl has never been in a relationship before. I think she's shy and trying to avoid the situation but she won't admit it
Old 11-20-2009, 12:48 AM   #49
I don't get it

She doesnt want to get with you because to her, you are subpar to her expectations or to whatever she wants.
She keeps you around cuz she thinks its the right thing to keep men as friends...afterall, friendship doesnt matter gender wise. Meh. You're like a security blanket to make her feel good in one form or the other.

With all thats been said and done, good for you. Now, forget about her already.
butter_sashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 07:43 AM   #50
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

have you ever tried to make a move on her??
cuz i think that usually works better.
have you ever tried holding her hand, putting your arms around her, cuddling with her...
you said she feels comfortable around you so that should be something you should try out.
actions speak louder than words.
a friendly nudge leads to a tickle, then leads to a cuddle, then holding hands, peck on the cheek, then closer to the lips, on the lips etc...the next thing you know, you're already tapping that shit!

rather than telling her i like you. cuz that just gives you 2 answers.
1a. no sorry. then move on
1b. i only like you as a friend. which is pretty much no. so move on
2. yes. ok let's develop this relationship and start fucking already
(")_(")
wobuffet is offline   Reply With Quote