REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 10-15-2009, 11:13 AM   #1
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Nood Furniture - 50% OFF EVERYTHING- Vancouver, Victoria, Online

Nood Furniture in Vancouver, Victoria Stores and Online will be having a 50% OFF EVERYTHING SALE This Weekend ...

Go Early c/ things really do sell out fast as it did last time ....

Dates:
Friday Oct 16th
Saturday Oct 17th
Sunday Oct 18th

Link

Advertisement
Old 10-15-2009, 04:48 PM   #2
Banned (ABWS)

They must be really desperate, they just had a 50% off everything sale like two months ago lol.

They have some cool stuff, much better than Ikea but below Design Within Reach. I don't understand why they're not doing well.
ctsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 05:43 PM   #3
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
does it require the membership which cost 10$?

I think the price is still a bit too expensive compared to Ikea. + their locations are pretty bad. Well, accept for the gastown one but im sure rent for them is killer...
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 05:49 PM   #4
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy89 View Post
does it require the membership which cost 10$?

I think the price is still a bit too expensive compared to Ikea. + their locations are pretty bad. Well, accept for the gastown one but im sure rent for them is killer...
You don't need a membership to buy their stuff but its worth it because its lifetime and you get like at 10+% off everything.

Their prices are actually pretty good. They don't sell low quality rubbish that Ikea does. Some of their stuff are actually pretty nice like the Barcelona series and things from Hermin Miller. These are really high quality brands you usually find in high(er) end specialty boutiques.

They are trying to target the upper-middle class (Ikea is for lower-middle class) so their prices will be higher. NOOD is much better value than Ikea imo.
ctsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 06:49 PM   #5
Need to Seek Professional Help

Be careful. Most of their products are just replicas or styled after the real product.
I don't think they're doing too well because designer styled products will probably not complement the rest of their furniture and fixtures.
The market who cares enough about designer styled furniture and fixtures will be wealthy enough to afford an interior designer/consultant who will then purchase the real deal, not replicas.
Ikea works because of its low prices and because chances are you will be able to find a piece of furniture or a fixture that will complement your existing furniture. Just think about clothing... it only looks good when it's coordinated, same with furniture.
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 07:53 PM   #6
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

I think Nood aims to provide unique furniture and products .. if it wasn't for the Victoria store only having White in stock I would have purchased this one last time.

http://www.nood.ca/p-591-core-coffee...ctangular.aspx

Old 10-15-2009, 08:56 PM   #7
private modder

Thanked 2,646 Times in 740 Posts
they are always having a 50% off sale...
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:19 PM   #8
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,459 Times in 1,126 Posts
Nood has some interesting stuff and I understand who they're trying to target. The problem is that most of us 'yuppies' who have splurged our life savings for our down payments on 500 sq. ft. shoe boxes only have money to purchase starter furniture from Ikea. The people with money will shop at Koolhaus, Living Space, Bravura Interiors, etc.

With that said, I have picked up a few things from Nood when they've been on clearance, though no furniture. I bought my main pieces from Home Delight (before Nood was around.)
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote