REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 10-15-2009, 10:51 PM   #1
RS Lurker, I don't post!

When the Anime world and Car world collide in Japan

Itasha Gathering in Odaiba, Tokyo on the 4th of October 2009. For those who are not aware, an Itasha is a car decked out with anime decals!

It translate to "painful car", which can be viewed as painfully embarrassing for the owner or painful to their wallets. It is a relatively new scene here in Japan and was very interesting to see. There were some nice example of nicely done up cars which also has the performance to match, so you can laugh at them until they whoop your ass on the track. There were close to 800 cars with not enough time to get the details but we did what was possible to show the event as a whole. Just about any type of vehicle participated in the event from VIP, Imports, Classics, K-Cars, Full tuned Sports, Wagons, Family and ECO.
Some may feel that the vehicles have been defaced and some may take a more light-hearted view. One thing that is for certain is that there are alot of creative ways to accent your vehicle with vinyl and many of the designs took alot of time and effort to create.
Hope you guy enjoy the pictures and get some creative inspiration out of them.

More pictures can be found on our blog!!
Advertisement
RHDJapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 06:20 PM   #2
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,462 Times in 390 Posts
so i'm guessing, there's a 1up from Timpo?
nack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 07:23 PM   #3
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

the z4 not bad, but everything else . .
boss604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:59 AM   #4
Chinese Guy, Swedish Rides

Wait, you're not hk20000.

'88 245DL Uncle Sven the Swedish Rice Rocket|'95 945T Darth Haul|'82 242GLT B23E Lumpy the Angry Viking|'77 244DL, red/sold|'90 744T C3P-LOL, gold/sold
RS Feedback (46-0-0)
+Kardboard+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 01:50 AM   #5
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

god this is HORRIBLE!

they look like ad cars, my eyes are hurting from the amount of anime they're trying to jam into your eyes. They obvious don't know the term less is more lol.
Moratorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 02:38 AM   #6
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
hideous!!
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 05:22 PM   #7
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,904 Times in 3,867 Posts
terrible EXCEPT for the intricate patterns painted on the wheels. that part I think looks pretty cool, even if the colours are terrible
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 05:30 PM   #8
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Quote:
"Ita-sha" meaning, "painful car"

Its the lastest trend in the Akihabara distict of Japan. To those who are familar with the Anime Culture, Akihabara is the goldmine for videogames, anime, manga, and electronics, becoming a city for the famous groups of Otakus. Ita-sha are literally "painful cars" with exteriors pimped out in tacky illustrations or stickers of female animation characters. The otaku groups of these trend setters seem to be very different from the street scene of Japan. From a article they naturally feel seperated compared to those who are really hardcore to the street scene. The event at the famous Formula One venue was the second-largest itasha event after the Moesha Meeting in Gifu Prefecture last July that attracted 300 to 400 itasha.

What do I like about them besides being the hardcore Closet Otaku like myself? Most of them are clean cars with a unqiue taste of style. Like I tell most tuners out there, if you want a nice looking car make sure it has a theme and story about it. It may have crazy colors in such that people may not understand, and they are do and don'ts in the scene but if you a story a behind it you should be proud to share it with others. What I like about the Ita-sha is that they are all simple people in their 20s and 30s, salaried employees and in possession of enough common sense to follow the traffic rules. They just like anime that much.
More pics: http://mainichi.jp/enta/mantan/graph/anime/20071009/
TOS'd is offline   Reply With Quote