REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   misrep and using fake pic on dating site (https://www.revscene.net/forums/593011-misrep-using-fake-pic-dating-site.html)

m5driver 10-17-2009 04:41 PM

misrep and using fake pic on dating site

my friend wants to now if you can get charged or go to jail if you misrepresent yourself on a dating site-this being plentyoffish.com.
meaning he says hes 6 feet tall when he is really 5 6 and also using a fake pic he stole from someone in England(who is better looking than he is). he will also agree to meet this girl for coffee-ofc she will think that its the guy in the pic, but in reality shes not.
when she find out its not him -can he get charged or go to jail for misrep or fraud. hes wonderin. i don't think so, but just asking. when she shows up, he'll just say oh my friend didn't want to come, so i came instead or jsut say nothing meet up with the girl as if nothing did occur

so is it legal or not .

where can you find this out? if its legal or illegal.

illicitstylz 10-17-2009 05:01 PM

wow. you have to stoop to such lowly tactics to get a coffee date?

i'm sure when you are using someone else's picture and claiming you are them, it's identity fraud and illegal to an extent.

i hope hilarity ensues when your friend gets shut down by the girl.

Quote:

Originally Posted by m5driver
my friend wants to now if you can get charged or go to jail if you misrepresent yourself on a dating site-this being plentyoffish.com.
meaning he says hes 6 feet tall when he is really 5 6 and also using a fake pic he stole from someone in England(who is better looking than he is). he will also agree to meet this girl for coffee-ofc she will think that its the guy in the pic, but in reality shes not.
when she find out its not him -can he get charged or go to jail for misrep or fraud. hes wonderin. i don't think so, but just asking. when she shows up, he'll just say oh my friend didn't want to come, so i came instead or jsut say nothing meet up with the girl as if nothing did occur

so is it legal or not .

where can you find this out? if its legal or illegal.

(just in case OP deletes it)

xPhuong 10-17-2009 05:42 PM

I don't think that'll work. and honestly op if it's you just say it's you HAHA. By the way online dating? It doesn't really work fi your trying to find people it's rare. your better off just going up to people in person and striking a conversation there.

Gt-R R34 10-17-2009 07:06 PM

what's the point of going to a dating website if you aren't using your true self.

you're going have to see each other anyways.

Drow 10-17-2009 07:38 PM

joe45 im sure your " friend " would not get charged or anything, just the girl will think you're a complete douchebag and ditch out on you

kangel 10-17-2009 07:47 PM

tell your friend that he is a loser

IronCork 10-17-2009 08:05 PM

you might not have to worry bout it if she used a fake picture too LOL

SoulCrusher 10-17-2009 08:12 PM

**subscribe**

Mr.HappySilp 10-17-2009 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronCork (Post 6639832)
you might not have to worry bout it if she used a fake picture too LOL

LOL. Anyways why not just hire a hooker @@

EDIT. Actually a better idea for you Joe_45 is to get a job at a fast food restaurant or a job in the mall. Those places require you to communicate a lot with other people so you might be able to pick up a few key points in communicating with other people and make real friends in the process and maybe even get a gf.

ra1nn 10-18-2009 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp (Post 6639902)
LOL. Anyways why not just hire a hooker @@

EDIT. Actually a better idea for you Joe_45 is to get a job at a fast food restaurant or a job in the mall. Those places require you to communicate a lot with other people so you might be able to pick up a few key points in communicating with other people and make real friends in the process and maybe even get a gf.

true. Going out instead of relying on the internet is way better than sitting
@ home waiting for someone to come along wanting to meet you when you're not even using your own information.

Kai-dai 10-18-2009 03:10 PM

I don't think he can get get charged for misrep because you're not actually paying the guy for a product/service in a sense. If you were, then you can probably sue for damages.

MR_BIGGS 10-18-2009 03:13 PM

Your friend is a retard

BallPeenHammer 10-18-2009 10:43 PM

Yeah you, I mean, your friend can get charged and convicted of being an DUMBASS.

But if the original owner of the pic wants to sue you, i meant, he can.
only the original owner.

Also, Disclaimers on sites like that will deem no responsibility for fake id's, pics, etc.

It just makes you, i mean, your friend look like a bigger tool than he already is.

hotjoint 10-19-2009 07:09 AM

dunno what the legal ramifications are but thats just dumb if he does because if we wants to meet up with any of these people he's shit outta luck

Crowtservo 10-19-2009 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BallPeenHammer (Post 6641554)
But if the original owner of the pic wants to sue you, i mean, he can.
only the original owner.

Also, Disclaimers on sites like that will deem no responsibility for fake id's, pics, etc.

^This

You can't be charged criminally but you can sued by the owner of the original picture (or possibly the person who took the picture or the website that hosts the picture). Even then it would be very difficult for them to prove any damages so even if they somehow found out they would likely just ask you to take it down. You're not going to jail for lying on an internet dating site. I'm pretty shocked you even thought that was possible.

Gumby 10-20-2009 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illicitstylz (Post 6639620)
(just in case OP deletes it)

Good job. :thumbsup:

Jsunu 10-20-2009 09:48 AM

Jesus, who is retarded enough to think that misrepresenting your self on a dating site (OMG) can lead to charges. If that was the case millions of people would be charged right now!

seriousjames 10-20-2009 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jsunu (Post 6643854)
Jesus, who is retarded enough to think that misrepresenting your self on a dating site (OMG) can lead to charges. If that was the case millions of people would be charged right now!

haha QFT
But apparently his "friend" does.

Meowjin 10-20-2009 04:18 PM

lol joe45 is back

The_AK 10-20-2009 07:29 PM

Tell your friend to go to the gym instead of filling his face with sweets from the coffee shop.
Posted via RS Mobile

Gt-R R34 10-20-2009 09:04 PM

Just did a little quick Google search on our m5driver's title. TROLL

http://www.asiafinest.com/forum/inde...owtopic=215194
http://www.loveshack.org/forums/showthread.php?t=206246

danlee78 10-21-2009 01:36 AM

^LOL, anyways, i know some people who have had success in online dating, or just casual hookups, but I don't think it's illegal to put up a fake picture of yourself...I'm sure girls do it alot as well...

I remember when some buddies and I use to chat online via msn, icq and send fake pics back and forth...one girl sent us a pick up a photoshop of JLo and said thats what she looked like and we all met, she didn't look anything like the pic, but her booty wasn't all that bad and her friends she brought out were way hotter then her.

Mugen EvOlutioN 10-21-2009 12:42 PM

online dating.... lolll

good luck with that one

muteki 10-21-2009 07:10 PM

That's pathetic and the being charged thing? That's just plain stupid. Tell your friend to go DIAF

static 11-02-2009 12:00 AM

http://www.myconfinedspace.com/wp-co...ce-367x500.jpg