REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 10-19-2009, 10:20 PM   #1

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus: Heath Ledger, Johnny Depp, etc etc...

Looks pretty wicked....i see the library in one of the scenes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFxqw0jbC2Y
Advertisement
Old 10-20-2009, 07:55 AM   #2
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,133 Times in 309 Posts
I saw it at TIFF this year and I loved it. I'm a huge Gilliam fan and this film is without a doubt the pinnacle of his work.
Babykiller - And next to that, there's a little dot called a period. It's not the stuff you eat out of your sisters gash, it's a handy little tool for breaking up sentences so they don't look like nonsensical retard garbage.
Brianrietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:03 AM   #3
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Ledger's last movie.
Chairman Kaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:35 AM   #4
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Love Gilliam so I'm definitely gonna check this out. Also the fact that it was made under such unique circumstances I'm excited to see how it turned out.
Crowtservo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:50 PM   #5
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,133 Times in 309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evylldemon View Post
Love Gilliam so I'm definitely gonna check this out. Also the fact that it was made under such unique circumstances I'm excited to see how it turned out.
My experience is that a lot of people who saw it "just don't get it" or have expectations of what it's going to be like from the media hype and then end up with a negative view of it. For anyone who's actually seen and enjoyed The Adventures of Baron Munchausen and Twelve Monkeys, and some of Gilliam's lesser known work, it'll be well recieved.
Babykiller - And next to that, there's a little dot called a period. It's not the stuff you eat out of your sisters gash, it's a handy little tool for breaking up sentences so they don't look like nonsensical retard garbage.
Brianrietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 03:21 AM   #6
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,502 Posts
I'm more excited that it's a film by Gilliam, than the fact that a dead actor is in it.

Brazil and The Adventures of Baron Munchausen were both awesome haha! Especially Brazil though.

But I doubt anyone here has really seen that stuff. The only shit ppl have probably seen is 12 Monkeys, and the point of the movie probably didn't even phase through their mind whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
My experience is that a lot of people who saw it "just don't get it" or have expectations of what it's going to be like from the media hype and then end up with a negative view of it. For anyone who's actually seen and enjoyed The Adventures of Baron Munchausen and Twelve Monkeys, and some of Gilliam's lesser known work, it'll be well recieved.
of course most people that see it won't get it. infact, most people out there will think it's just some whack movie and that it was "boring" or "it sucked", but in reality they're just too fucking stupid.

the slightly brighter people will come out of the movie slightly confused, but entertained, and probably say something along the line of "I didn't get it." or "what's that supposed to mean?"

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 10-21-2009 at 03:27 AM.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote