REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   [Confidential] Birthday with the GF (https://www.revscene.net/forums/593474-%5Bconfidential%5D-birthday-gf.html)

El Bastardo 10-21-2009 12:43 PM

[Confidential] Birthday with the GF

The following is an Anonymous submission from a Revscene member. If the OP would like to respond to anything said in this thread, please PM me.

Recently I had a birthday, and this was the first birthday with my current GF. She told me that my present was going to be late because she had no time to get it. She then found time to get me a present a week after my birthday. I don't know why this really bothers me, but it does. It doesn't have to be an extravagent present, but I would expect my GF to find time to think of something thoughtful for my birthday. She also hastily made me a birthday card that she JUST finished when I picked her up on the day of my birthday. We've been together for a few months. Just ranting, as I've never had a gf do this before.

!Yaminashi 10-21-2009 12:56 PM

Dont act like a woman! Things happen, people get busy. At least she got you something

n1smo 10-21-2009 01:00 PM

^ yayer

Presto 10-21-2009 01:03 PM

Besides sucking it up, and being a man about it, you can also use this as an opportunity to 'forget' about a special date in the future. Tell her that since she basically forgot, that you can have a free pass for slacking on some important event in the future.

liu13 10-21-2009 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach Hines (Post 6646019)
Dont act like a woman! Things happen, people get busy. At least she got you something

/end thread

threezero 10-21-2009 04:35 PM

Do you plan extravagantly for her bday or special events too? if you don't you have nothing to complain about.

tbh I havn't plan much of anything for any special date even bdays since my first one. I don't expect my girl to do major planning for my bday either, I would be satisfied if she just spent the whole day with me. imo this is the best compromise, I don't have to worry and stress about special days and she don't either.

my girl was so happy when I got her a single rose on valetine because my cheap ass never gets her anything.

jeffh 10-21-2009 04:59 PM

^ you got the right idea, dont do fuckall, then when you actually do it is special

as for OP, are you the man in the relationship? its our job to forget about shit so dont worry about it

XtC_13aBy 10-21-2009 08:23 PM

I see this situation from a different perspective than you because this happened a few times in my current relationship -- usually the case is that one of us is super busy but at the same time looking out for the "perfect" gift, thus not rushing to buy the gift so we buy the gift that the SO will like best. Sometimes we underestimate how much time it will take to find or make a gift (eg. scrapbook if made) and run out of time thus being late. So, at the end taking one's time to find the "right" gift may show that you actually really care for the person..

asian_XL 10-21-2009 09:04 PM

I feel sorry for your gf having a bf like you.

I bet you are those person who cry when your parents bought you a car in wrong color

ra1nn 10-21-2009 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asian_XL (Post 6646907)
I feel sorry for your gf having a bf like you.

I bet you are those person who cry when your parents bought you a car in wrong color

:lol

mpr 10-21-2009 09:36 PM

unless she is busy like a surgeon. I think she is just not too into you.

at least you have an excuse next time when you screw up.

Ch28 10-21-2009 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Presto (Post 6646031)
Besides sucking it up, and being a man about it, you can also use this as an opportunity to 'forget' about a special date in the future. Tell her that since she basically forgot, that you can have a free pass for slacking on some important event in the future.

bring it up jokingly so she gets the idea

Gt-R R34 10-21-2009 10:28 PM

agreeing with Ch28 and bring it up jokingly.

but something tells me she's not so into you. Not getting you anything is fine, but hastily making you something now that gives me alarms.

tiger_handheld 10-21-2009 11:16 PM

dump her. she should know better.

you can be the judge of the seriousness of that comment.

m4k4v4li 10-22-2009 02:10 AM

shoulda just made her deepthroat ur cack

hotjoint 10-22-2009 06:38 AM

Quote:

:werd:

CRS 10-22-2009 09:26 AM

OP sounds like a bitch. Seriously.

So she give you a present late? So what? You got a present for your birthday a week late, OMGGGG! You basically got something for being yourself and being alive and having done nothing exceptional for a reward. It is people like you that make guys out to be drama queens. I'm surprised she is still with you with the way you act.

miss_crayon 10-23-2009 12:21 AM

i can understand your feelings as well as the other side that many others are trying to point out to you. but is this really something to get all worked up about at only a couple months? i think she was actually very fair to you with

1. telling you ahead of time she was going to be late with giving you a present. people get busy with school/jobs/finances so cut her some slack on this one. just because she's late on giving you a present doesn't mean her present isn't going to be thoughtful.
2. maybe she hastily finished her card to you the day of because she was busy earlier but didn't want to go to your birthday empty handed?

Dinan3 10-23-2009 12:26 AM

I didn't even buy my gf a present on her bday. I told her I'll make it up 8 months later, on Xmas. lol

XtC_13aBy 10-24-2009 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miss_crayon (Post 6649278)
i can understand your feelings as well as the other side that many others are trying to point out to you. but is this really something to get all worked up about at only a couple months? i think she was actually very fair to you with

1. telling you ahead of time she was going to be late with giving you a present. people get busy with school/jobs/finances so cut her some slack on this one. just because she's late on giving you a present doesn't mean her present isn't going to be thoughtful.
2. maybe she hastily finished her card to you the day of because she was busy earlier but didn't want to go to your birthday empty handed?

Exactly... fully agreed on this one. You should have some respect for your girlfriend and believe that she just needed more time and didn't want to rush out to get you a "crap" present. Would you rather get something that isn't meaningful/useful or get something that shows your gf really knows you?

butter_sashimi 10-24-2009 11:30 AM

All excuses! Lateness will get you into trouble in the real world unless you got luck on your side. Everyone is busy with something or another, that's why you prepare by planning. She was careless, that's all.
But because it's your gf, forgive but don't forget.
Posted via RS Mobile

!Yaminashi 10-24-2009 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by butter_sashimi (Post 6651456)
But because it's your gf, forgive but don't forget.
Posted via RS Mobile

Yeah, thats definitely the way to have a meaningful relationship..
Hold everything they do wrong against them:rolleyes:

freakshow 10-24-2009 01:30 PM

Quote:

I don't agree with this type of action.
If you happen to forget about a special event in the future, then your gf will hopefully be equally as understanding to you as you have been to her. But using her lateness as a 'free pass' for slacking isn't the right attitude.
If you do some of the things in your relationship because 'the other person does it too', then you need to work on your communication.