REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 10-21-2009, 12:43 PM   #1
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
[Confidential] Birthday with the GF

The following is an Anonymous submission from a Revscene member. If the OP would like to respond to anything said in this thread, please PM me.

Recently I had a birthday, and this was the first birthday with my current GF. She told me that my present was going to be late because she had no time to get it. She then found time to get me a present a week after my birthday. I don't know why this really bothers me, but it does. It doesn't have to be an extravagent present, but I would expect my GF to find time to think of something thoughtful for my birthday. She also hastily made me a birthday card that she JUST finished when I picked her up on the day of my birthday. We've been together for a few months. Just ranting, as I've never had a gf do this before.

She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-21-2009, 12:56 PM   #2
How I Mod your mother

Dont act like a woman! Things happen, people get busy. At least she got you something
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 01:00 PM   #3
Need my Daily Fix of RS

^ yayer
n1smo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 01:03 PM   #4
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
Besides sucking it up, and being a man about it, you can also use this as an opportunity to 'forget' about a special date in the future. Tell her that since she basically forgot, that you can have a free pass for slacking on some important event in the future.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:19 PM   #5
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Hines View Post
Dont act like a woman! Things happen, people get busy. At least she got you something
/end thread
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 04:35 PM   #6
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Do you plan extravagantly for her bday or special events too? if you don't you have nothing to complain about.

tbh I havn't plan much of anything for any special date even bdays since my first one. I don't expect my girl to do major planning for my bday either, I would be satisfied if she just spent the whole day with me. imo this is the best compromise, I don't have to worry and stress about special days and she don't either.

my girl was so happy when I got her a single rose on valetine because my cheap ass never gets her anything.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 04:59 PM   #7
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

^ you got the right idea, dont do fuckall, then when you actually do it is special

as for OP, are you the man in the relationship? its our job to forget about shit so dont worry about it
jeffh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:23 PM   #8
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

I see this situation from a different perspective than you because this happened a few times in my current relationship -- usually the case is that one of us is super busy but at the same time looking out for the "perfect" gift, thus not rushing to buy the gift so we buy the gift that the SO will like best. Sometimes we underestimate how much time it will take to find or make a gift (eg. scrapbook if made) and run out of time thus being late. So, at the end taking one's time to find the "right" gift may show that you actually really care for the person..
XtC_13aBy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:04 PM   #9
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,448 Times in 1,438 Posts
I feel sorry for your gf having a bf like you.

I bet you are those person who cry when your parents bought you a car in wrong color
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-21-2009, 09:14 PM   #10
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asian_XL View Post
I feel sorry for your gf having a bf like you.

I bet you are those person who cry when your parents bought you a car in wrong color
ra1nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:36 PM   #11
mpr
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

unless she is busy like a surgeon. I think she is just not too into you.

at least you have an excuse next time when you screw up.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:23 PM   #12
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
Besides sucking it up, and being a man about it, you can also use this as an opportunity to 'forget' about a special date in the future. Tell her that since she basically forgot, that you can have a free pass for slacking on some important event in the future.
bring it up jokingly so she gets the idea
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:28 PM   #13
Ubereem Mod

agreeing with Ch28 and bring it up jokingly.

but something tells me she's not so into you. Not getting you anything is fine, but hastily making you something now that gives me alarms.
Gt-R R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:16 PM   #14
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
dump her. she should know better.

you can be the judge of the seriousness of that comment.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 02:10 AM   #15
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

shoulda just made her deepthroat ur cack
m4k4v4li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 06:38 AM   #16
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 09:26 AM   #17
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,308 Times in 1,776 Posts
OP sounds like a bitch. Seriously.

So she give you a present late? So what? You got a present for your birthday a week late, OMGGGG! You basically got something for being yourself and being alive and having done nothing exceptional for a reward. It is people like you that make guys out to be drama queens. I'm surprised she is still with you with the way you act.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:21 AM   #18
Director of RS Cares

i can understand your feelings as well as the other side that many others are trying to point out to you. but is this really something to get all worked up about at only a couple months? i think she was actually very fair to you with

1. telling you ahead of time she was going to be late with giving you a present. people get busy with school/jobs/finances so cut her some slack on this one. just because she's late on giving you a present doesn't mean her present isn't going to be thoughtful.
2. maybe she hastily finished her card to you the day of because she was busy earlier but didn't want to go to your birthday empty handed?
Old 10-23-2009, 12:26 AM   #19
Rs has made me the man i am today!

I didn't even buy my gf a present on her bday. I told her I'll make it up 8 months later, on Xmas. lol
Dinan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 09:07 AM   #20
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_crayon View Post
i can understand your feelings as well as the other side that many others are trying to point out to you. but is this really something to get all worked up about at only a couple months? i think she was actually very fair to you with

1. telling you ahead of time she was going to be late with giving you a present. people get busy with school/jobs/finances so cut her some slack on this one. just because she's late on giving you a present doesn't mean her present isn't going to be thoughtful.
2. maybe she hastily finished her card to you the day of because she was busy earlier but didn't want to go to your birthday empty handed?
Exactly... fully agreed on this one. You should have some respect for your girlfriend and believe that she just needed more time and didn't want to rush out to get you a "crap" present. Would you rather get something that isn't meaningful/useful or get something that shows your gf really knows you?
XtC_13aBy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 11:30 AM   #21
I don't get it

All excuses! Lateness will get you into trouble in the real world unless you got luck on your side. Everyone is busy with something or another, that's why you prepare by planning. She was careless, that's all.
But because it's your gf, forgive but don't forget.
Posted via RS Mobile
butter_sashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-24-2009, 12:44 PM   #22
How I Mod your mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by butter_sashimi View Post
But because it's your gf, forgive but don't forget.
Posted via RS Mobile
Yeah, thats definitely the way to have a meaningful relationship..
Hold everything they do wrong against them
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 01:30 PM   #23
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
Quote:
I don't agree with this type of action.
If you happen to forget about a special event in the future, then your gf will hopefully be equally as understanding to you as you have been to her. But using her lateness as a 'free pass' for slacking isn't the right attitude.
If you do some of the things in your relationship because 'the other person does it too', then you need to work on your communication.