REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Manufacturer Tech Forums > Honda / Acura Tech Resources

Honda / Acura Tech Resources All honda & Acura Tech info
THIS ADSPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT

Old 10-28-2009, 09:19 PM   #1
mcl
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

02 Civic coupe DOOR LOCK problem -- actuator

Hi guys,

My 02 civic coupe's driver side door could not open/lock by the remote control nor the switch on the door panel. So I took out the lock assembly, and figured out the actuator was broken. I replaced the actuator, and while i was testing to see it works properly, I run into a problem ---> the door can't be locked down !!

The lock can now respond to both lock & unlock by the switch. But, when i was trying to lock the door (hold the switch DOWN), the lock assembly part (holding the actuator node) would not stay in position, it retracts (bounce back up). [the unlock (flip up) and lock (flip down) motion of the lock assembly with the actuator]

I have no idea what is causing this problem, HELP !!!

Thanks a lot !!!
Advertisement
mcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:29 PM   #2
Banned By Establishment

so the thing on the door and that pops up and down when the door is locked/unlocked doesn't move? did you try it with the door closed? i'm sort of confused, its been a long day.
nickmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 10:11 PM   #3
mcl

When i flip the switch (on the door panel) up/down now, the door can be open but NOT locked. (before it would not even respond to the switch prior to changing the actuator)
It is not locking because i see the KNOB on the door does not stay DOWN when i try to lock it. ....the knob goes down and then bounces back up. I don't know what is causing this problem. ....
Old 10-28-2009, 11:41 PM   #4
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

sounds like your doors just open. try it with the door closed.
lexluthor09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:10 PM   #5
mcl

No no ....with just the lock assembly itself (no actuator), the door can be shut/open and locked with the key, no problem.

But after i put on the actuator, the door would not LOCK when i turn my key or flip down the knob on the door panel. here is the clip:

http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.ph...e=PICT3896.MOV
(the clip is in quicktime format and takes bit time to load)

notice when i try to lock the door, the lock (and the door knob) would go down ,as it supposes to, but instead of staying put, it bounces back up ..... It's not normal right? Anyone have this problem??

I have this new actuator with a newly ordered lock assembly, because i thought the old lock assembly was broken as well.... but the problem is still the same!!.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Old 10-29-2009, 06:55 PM   #6
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

is this an after market door lock assembly? i mean, this is the base model civic with no power lock option and you added an after market one?
oldsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 07:46 PM   #7
RS controls my life!

the latching mechanism must be in the closed position (door closed) in order to lock. Or hold the inner or outer handle open position, while locking
Old 10-29-2009, 09:34 PM   #8
mcl

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsnail View Post
is this an after market door lock assembly? i mean, this is the base model civic with no power lock option and you added an after market one?
it's OEM and it has power lock, but the actuator was broken so i can only open/lock the door with KEY.

So far i replaced a new actuator into the lock assembly, but i am having trouble LOCKing the door now.... because the door knob would not stay down when i lock the door. ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck Luck View Post
the latching mechanism must be in the closed position (door closed) in order to lock. Or hold the inner or outer handle open position, while locking
you mean i should try mount the lock assembly back in, then try to lock the door when it is closed ??
i tried that before.... but the door knob again, just bounces back ...wouldn't lock. =(

Last edited by mcl; 10-29-2009 at 09:40 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:53 PM   #9
RS controls my life!

then either the actuator is installed into the latch assembly incorrectly, or the latch assembly is hooped
Old 10-30-2009, 11:21 PM   #10
mcl

there is only ONE way the actuator can go in ....

.... i have brought a new lock (latch) assembly and the problem still persists. ...