REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 11-02-2009, 12:41 PM   #26
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,344 Times in 972 Posts
what did ICBC say?

i just find it funny, next time someone is in front of me, i'll honk and then ram their car cause hey, if it's my fault, i'll just tell them to refer to this case number.
Advertisement
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:29 PM   #27
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

*tag*

I too am curious how car c's statement will put this into play
Gnomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:51 PM   #28
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Right - he shouldn't have even BEEN in the intersection, let alone running into you. If a cop was there, the guy may have even been eligible for a VT. Trying to claim it's your fault when he's committing a moving violation is not a good idea for him.

Maybe ICBC wants witness corroboration that the guy was in an illegal position so they can have a ticket issued to him
I went to the same intersection again yesterday, and took some pics.

I confirmed that only one car could turn left when the lights change yellow/red.

But,most of the cars just tried some tailgating stunts. Luckily for them, they didn't hit the cars in front.

My car is getting fixed now, but too bad since the case hasn't been resolved yet, I would have to pay for the deductible .
cococly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:56 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
what did ICBC say?

i just find it funny, next time someone is in front of me, i'll honk and then ram their car cause hey, if it's my fault, i'll just tell them to refer to this case number.
As of today, I do not know if the case has been resolved yet.

Perhaps, I called ICBC daily and it could be annoying, so I stopped doing that for a few days now.

Yes, the passanger on car B actually said " if there is a car in front of you suddenly started braking, what would you do?"

She thought the answer should be " Step on the gas and creat as much damage to the car in front as possible. "
Old 11-02-2009, 05:23 PM   #30
e-thugger*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cococly View Post
As of today, I do not know if the case has been resolved yet.

Perhaps, I called ICBC daily and it could be annoying, so I stopped doing that for a few days now.

Yes, the passanger on car B actually said " if there is a car in front of you suddenly started braking, what would you do?"

She thought the answer should be " Step on the gas and creat as much damage to the car in front as possible. "
Just make sure you don't let ICBC or witnesses at the scene push you around. Many moons ago the rear quarter panel of my old Prelude got demolished by the solid steel bumper from a giant 90's Ford truck. The other driver told ICBC that I was late for work and driving irresponsibly. When the adjuster tried grilling me with that, I asked them to provide proof of the allegations or stop wasting my time with BS and focus on the actual facts of the collision. No payout against my insurance.
89 CRX D16Y7 swapped
netfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:43 PM   #31
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
100% B fault

Last edited by skidmark; 11-03-2009 at 11:29 AM.
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:56 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by netfreak View Post
Just make sure you don't let ICBC or witnesses at the scene push you around. Many moons ago the rear quarter panel of my old Prelude got demolished by the solid steel bumper from a giant 90's Ford truck. The other driver told ICBC that I was late for work and driving irresponsibly. When the adjuster tried grilling me with that, I asked them to provide proof of the allegations or stop wasting my time with BS and focus on the actual facts of the collision. No payout against my insurance.
My first adjuster said that " people should not honk or be impatient on the roads"

and I believe I have included that on my statement.

What do you mean ICBC grilling you, when it might be obvious that you are not the one who caused the accident?

Do you mean they tried to confuse you into providing contraditive statements during their investigation?
Old 11-02-2009, 06:12 PM   #33
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
My car is getting fixed now, but too bad since the case hasn't been resolved yet, I would have to pay for the deductible .
Quote:
I'd call them again, and tell them, look, I don't wanna be a pain, but I'm taking my car to get fixed, and I need to know if I'm gonna hafta pay my own deductible or not?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:11 PM   #34

The Witness is still not showing up...
ICBC said this morning that they need to know rather it is a simple rear-end collision or a "ROAD RAGE".

I think the other party tried to settle this down by saying it was a road rage? what?
If car B won, I will say that everytime I am in a hurry and crash into the car in front. [ I should retract this sentence, pardon.. ]

Last edited by cococly; 11-03-2009 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Pardon...
Old 11-03-2009, 12:16 PM   #35
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
The Witness is still not showing up...
ICBC said this morning that they need to know rather it is a simple rear-end collision or a "ROAD RAGE".

I think the other party tried to settle this down by saying it was a road rage? what?
If car B won, I will say that everytime I am in a hurry and crash into the car in front.
Even if it was Road Rage, B would still be at fault. It wouldn't be anymore your fault because he raged out. He should learn to keep his temper down if that is the case. If not, he shouldn't be driving.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:44 PM   #36
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

When turning left, the rules state you can take your sweetass time if YOU do not feel it's clear. If they're impatient that's their problem, not yours. Nothing to worry about, you're 0% at fault.

As my riding instructor once said.. If you went forward and then got into an accident, would the people that were honking stop and help you?
slammer111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:48 PM   #37
Banned (ABWS)

Car D will know what happened.
LeanNsupreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 06:05 PM   #38
The "You'd Know" Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
Even if it was Road Rage, B would still be at fault. It wouldn't be anymore your fault because he raged out. He should learn to keep his temper down if that is the case. If not, he shouldn't be driving.
Welcome to civil law, where they are trying to determine a percertage liability on everyone.

Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
impactX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:51 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanNsupreme View Post
Car D will know what happened.
I wish I could have a witness on my side who actually saw what happened at the scene, but everyone just passed by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by impactX View Post
Welcome to civil law, where they are trying to determine a percertage liability on everyone.
I am not too sure what you mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
I truthfully have never meet car B nor car C before.
I cannot think of any initiatives for a road rage here.

It's car B who started honking, I was just being patient to avoid a T-Bone collision.

Last edited by cococly; 11-03-2009 at 08:57 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:17 AM   #40
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
The worst case scenario for you would be 50/50. I don't see any supporting evidence that it was your fault for being SAFE. Judging by the fact that Car B was non-stop honking you, we can already say that his impatience is the real cause of this accident. Car C is a faggot dick fondler.
shenmecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 11:28 AM   #41
CRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by impactX View Post

Too bad it won't help Car B at all in this instance (with the given evidence so far).

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 11-04-2009, 05:13 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenmecar View Post
The worst case scenario for you would be 50/50. I don't see any supporting evidence that it was your fault for being SAFE. Judging by the fact that Car B was non-stop honking you, we can already say that his impatience is the real cause of this accident. Car C is a faggot dick fondler.
Getting rear-ended = 50/50???

I strongly believe that I could NOT avoid this rear-end collision, if car B followed me within inches off my rear bumper.

I am driving a poor courtesy car [ A REBUILT! ]provided by the body shop. [ I don't blame on the body shop though, coz that's their very last vehicle avaliable.]
The car has poor brakes, non-functioning ABS, annoying rattle,etc.....

I asked ICBC if I could rent a PROPER family sedan of the same class as my car from Budget,or whoever.

Their reply is " The case has not been resovled yet and you are not covered in renting/getting a replacement vehicle."
Old 11-04-2009, 05:28 PM   #43
CRS

Quote:
Getting rear-ended = 50/50???

I strongly believe that I could NOT avoid this rear-end collision, if car B followed me within inches off my rear bumper.

I am driving a poor courtesy car [ A REBUILT! ]provided by the body shop. [ I don't blame on the body shop though, coz that's their very last vehicle avaliable.]
The car has poor brakes, non-functioning ABS, annoying rattle,etc.....

I asked ICBC if I could rent a PROPER family sedan of the same class as my car from Budget,or whoever.

Their reply is " The case has not been resovled yet and you are not covered in renting/getting a replacement vehicle."
Don't worry. That is the worst case scenario, like 1 in 1,000,000 if the story you told is the true one. I don't see it being a 50/50, in fact, I see ICBC fining and going on a witch hunt for car C. ICBC takes fraud really seriously.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 11-04-2009, 07:53 PM   #44
e-thugger*

Quote:
What do you mean ICBC grilling you, when it might be obvious that you are not the one who caused the accident?
In the event of a collision, assume that every party will tell a story that puts everyone else at blame. Car B will make up a reason why you're at fault, so make sure you don't cave to ICBC challenging your story. From what you've said, this case is entirely in your favour. Just watch out for what the scammers try to pull.