REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Support Forum > Volunteer Sector

Volunteer Sector 2016 Director of "RS Cares": TBA
Come volunteer at events, gain valuable work experience, build your resume, network, or just give back to the local RS community..

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 11:05 AM   #76
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,911 Times in 3,872 Posts
Doing a search in here http://www.clickondetroit.com/video/21525126/index.html

for the video using the title, in the last 30 days, it comes up and shows it was posted on 11/04/2009 at 6:59pm

and from the FB group:

Quote:
Description:
I just want to thank everyone for sending cards as well as prayers to Noah.

His family has asked me to relay the message that no more mail is sent to Noah as he is not doing well and his mom and dad want Noah to be with his family as much as possible.

Please continue to pray for Noah and the Biorkman family.

As Christmas is approaching, I'm looking to keep this group going for children who are in need. When I first created this group, I had NO idea that there would be 80,000 members! We can make such an impact in someone's life.

If you have any ideas please don't hesitate to send me a message, otherwise I hope that you keep checking back for updates. (read less)
That used to have the address, so it just recently changed
Advertisement
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2009, 02:35 PM   #77
うに

Thanked 1,008 Times in 402 Posts
i was going to send mine out today....
Old 11-14-2009, 03:12 PM   #78
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
ill get one today, and send it out asap.

edit: just read above, please keep me updated.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides

Last edited by nabs; 11-14-2009 at 03:18 PM.
Old 11-14-2009, 08:01 PM   #79
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

aww shit no way, do one good thing and this happens LOL. oh well here's the card I sent

Old 11-14-2009, 08:41 PM   #80
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
^awww we got him the same one! that card is so cute

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Old 11-15-2009, 10:16 AM   #81
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jACE View Post
Skinnypup: 36 cards later... thanks for sharing vital info like this now! I hope to God that's NOT true. The email request from the owner of Jellybean Hotrods I got was last week or so. You'd think one could differentiate between a friend's son living last week and having died 2 years ago. But I will inquire this further for everyone's sake. Before I question another man's request for help, can you please PM me links to your sources first. Thanks, SP.
Sorry, but it is true. I didn't notice this thread until I saw the announcement. It's a good thing you are doing, but for some reason the request is making rounds again after 2 years. I think he's still alive, just really sick and wouldn't be able to appreciate the cards.

A good source for this type of info, as always, is snopes.

Quote:
Wow! The outpouring of love and concern for Noah is just amazing! Scott and I never in a million years thought that so many people would want to send Christmas cards to Noah. However, please note: We did already celebrate Christmas LAST Sunday — November 8th.

PLEASE STOP SENDING CARDS AND GIFTS!!!!

Noah is very ill. He is not getting out of bed and it's time for Scott, our families, and I to concentrate on our son. His time is very short and he needs us.

Scott and I would like to say thank you so much for the support and continued show of love. However, we are asking that everyone please stop sending cards and gifts.

Also, everyone please post the stop order on Facebook and any other websites or organizations that you belong to. We need the peace right now.

Thank you for your understanding in this request.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:33 AM   #82
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

Jesus Christ, some people are dealt bad cards.
Old 11-15-2009, 12:18 PM   #83
Chinese Guy, Swedish Rides

Bloody hell....

'88 245DL Uncle Sven the Swedish Rice Rocket|'95 945T Darth Haul|'82 242GLT B23E Lumpy the Angry Viking|'77 244DL, red/sold|'90 744T C3P-LOL, gold/sold
RS Feedback (46-0-0)
Old 11-15-2009, 02:39 PM   #84
Founder, RS Veteran

Ok thanks for the link, SP. I'm pretty sure we were all thinking the same thing: "Are we sending an Xmas card to a boy who has passed away 2 years ago???" But according to Snopes, the answer is no.

The post is recent and the family have managed to celebrate an Early Christmas with Noah on Nov. 8. Just flip through the dates:

Quote:
snopes.com

Noah Biorkman
Claim: Noah Biorkman, a 5-year-old boy battling cancer, wants to receive Christmas cards.

OUTDATED

Example: (Collected via e-mail, October 2009)

Diana Harrison Biorkman has a 5-yr old son in his last stages of a 2 1/2 year battle with Neuroblastoma cancer. They are celebrating Christmas next weekend and Noah loves Christmas cards.

Please take a minute to send a card to:

Noah Biorkman
1141 Fountain View Circle
South Lyon MI 48178

Origins: Noah Biorkman is a 5-year-old boy who was diagnosed with Stage IV neuroblastoma in February 2007. Although he went into remission in August 2007, his family says, in September 2008 Noah "relapsed with lesions in his right arm and right leg," and "after going through six different trials, the cancer continues to spread."

As radio station WKSR in Pulaski, Tennessee, notes on its web site, one of its on-air personalities is an acquaintance of Noah Biorkman's mother and verified the above-quoted appeal for Christmas cards for her son:
Christmas will come early for a five year old Michigan boy this year. Noah Biorkman is battling cancer and is not expected to live much longer.

Noah's mother and WKSR morning personality Ed Carter went to school together years ago. They keep in touch by email. She mentioned the early Christmas for her son in an email to Ed.

Mrs. Biorkman is asking for Christmas cards for her son. If you would like to take time to send a card or letter, send it to:

Noah Biorkman
1141 Fountain View Circle
South Lyon Michigan, 48178.

The family also provided an alternate address for cards and letters:
Noah Biorkman
c/o Scott Biorkman
3480 Petoskey Way
Milford, MI 48380

Updates about Noah can be viewed on his section of the CarePages web site, on which an appeal was posted on 13 November 2009 asking people to please stop sending cards:

Wow! The outpouring of love and concern for Noah is just amazing! Scott and I never in a million years thought that so many people would want to send Christmas cards to Noah. However, please note: We did already celebrate Christmas LAST Sunday — November 8th.

PLEASE STOP SENDING CARDS AND GIFTS!!!!

Noah is very ill. He is not getting out of bed and it's time for Scott, our families, and I to concentrate on our son. His time is very short and he needs us.

Scott and I would like to say thank you so much for the support and continued show of love. However, we are asking that everyone please stop sending cards and gifts.

Also, everyone please post the stop order on Facebook and any other websites or organizations that you belong to. We need the peace right now.

Thank you for your understanding in this request.

Additional information:

Cards, Wishes Pour in for Boy with Cancer Cards, Wishes Pour in for Boy with Cancer (WDIV-TV, Detroit)

Last updated: 13 November 2009

The URL for this page is http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/medical/biorkman.asp

Urban Legends Reference Pages © 1995-2009 by Barbara and David P. Mikkelson.

This material may not be reproduced without permission.
snopes and the snopes.com logo are registered service marks of snopes.com.
Thanks again everyone who have already sent their cards. Bless y'all.

Bored? Follow jACE on Twitter or check out his homepage.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-16-2009, 09:13 PM   #85
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts
Mods when you do the contributors list please don't put my name down (i said I would send a card before) - I was going to send it out last Saturday but saw this and decided to respect the family's request.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:08 AM   #86
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Next time, maybe suggest donating money to cancer research rather than wasting trees to cheer up a single kid. I'm sure a few grand has been spent on this boy, and I bet once he's dead those cards aren't going to morph into a doctor and cure cancer!

People, we should all be volunteering and making a real difference rather than feeling good about ourselves because we drove 5 minutes to a card store and wrote some sentimental crap to a stranger and posted it.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-20-2009, 10:36 AM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokentelephone View Post
Next time, maybe suggest donating money to cancer research rather than wasting trees to cheer up a single kid. I'm sure a few grand has been spent on this boy, and I bet once he's dead those cards aren't going to morph into a doctor and cure cancer!

People, we should all be volunteering and making a real difference rather than feeling good about ourselves because we drove 5 minutes to a card store and wrote some sentimental crap to a stranger and posted it.
Good point. I already support that research, but still good food for thought.

'88 245DL Uncle Sven the Swedish Rice Rocket|'95 945T Darth Haul|'82 242GLT B23E Lumpy the Angry Viking|'77 244DL, red/sold|'90 744T C3P-LOL, gold/sold
RS Feedback (46-0-0)
Old 11-20-2009, 11:20 AM   #88
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,911 Times in 3,872 Posts
http://www.phdcomics.com/comics.php?f=1162

interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Picard View Post
Mods when you do the contributors list please don't put my name down (i said I would send a card before) - I was going to send it out last Saturday but saw this and decided to respect the family's request.
Same here, when I went to get the address off FB I saw the notice so it's on my desk now. Make me sad everytime I see it poor kid.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
Old 11-20-2009, 02:42 PM   #89
JLC
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Whats stopping you from doing so? You can still donate or volunteer to a worthy cause to make a difference.

However many thousand was spent on cards and gifts to help a dying 5yr old boy feel that kind of joy and love (or still does) is priceless and was definitely worth every penny...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokentelephone View Post

This post thanked by:
Old 11-25-2009, 01:32 AM   #90
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
noah's passed away

http://www.freep.com/article/2009112...1124020/?imw=Y

Quote:
South Lyon boy, 5, dies after early Christmas

BY ZLATI MEYER
FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER

Noah Biorkman, the 5-year-old who received more than 1 million Christmas cards from around the world when it became apparent he wouldn't live until Christmas, died Monday of stage IV neuroblastoma in his home in South Lyon.

Noah was diagnosed in February 2007 and went into remission six months later, according to his Web site, www.carepages.com/carepages/NoahScottBiorkman/. In September 2008, he relapsed.

The effervescent child -- who charmed doctors and nurses at C.S. Mott Children's Hospital in Ann Arbor, where he got much of his treatment -- enjoyed Matchbox cars and Thomas the Tank Engine, Kedrin Gall, Make-A-Wish Foundation of Michigan's development director, said Monday.

• DISCUSS: Did you send a card to Noah?

The year he was diagnosed, the organization granted Noah's wish for a trip to Disneyland.

Noah is survived by his parents, Scott and Diana Biorkman. The funeral will be for family only.

Memorial contributions may be sent to Noah's Pediatric Oncology Fund, Department of Pediatrics and Oncology, U-M, 1500 E. Medical Center, D4202MPB, Ann Arbor 48109, or to the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Michigan, 230 Huron View, Ann Arbor 48103.
rip
Old 11-25-2009, 09:49 AM   #91
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,821 Times in 3,902 Posts
rip..i didnt send a card
Old 11-25-2009, 11:59 AM   #92

R.I.P.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-25-2009, 12:18 PM   #93
misfortune cookie (V)

Thanked 2,716 Times in 422 Posts
very sad.. RIP

Last edited by LsquareD on 00-00-0000 at 00:00 PM
Old 11-25-2009, 11:56 PM   #94
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts
on the bright side... at least he got his wish fulfilled.
1 million cards is a lot! He must have been happy before he went.

RIP nonetheless, a truly tragic story.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:33 PM   #95
Need to Seek Professional Help

r.i.p =(