REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 11-08-2009, 03:41 AM   #1
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Liking someone/being friendly/goes the wrong way

Hey I am speaking on a recent experience I had, for about a year or two now i've taken a break from the whole dating thing and looking for a girlfriend. Mind you I am taking stressful courses in univ, but still find time to go out clubbing once in a while, but not many girls have caught my eye. Recently I had a class with a girl, she was cute, she's from japan, understands english perfectly, but doesn't speak it that well. Shes not drop dead gorgeous or the supermodel type, but something about her made me like her and I don't know what it is. Anyhow, being that she didn't speak english much, she didn't have many friends in class, about 2 days later I ended up sitting beside her in class, we spoke a little bit and she admitted she didn't have many friends because she was shy and was kind of embarrassed of her English (honestly speaking, she can carry on a conversation and it is understandable for the most part). So basically I was a friendly, nice guy and basically told her that if she wanted to learn to speak English she could always ask me. From there on we spoke regularly, I taught her some English (she knows what she means but doesn't know how to say it) and I would try to interpret or teach her how to say a word phonetically . I told her the best way to learn to speak English is to be confident and just speak to people and most people wouldn't criticize you (being that she's absolutely adorable when she speaks english).

Now for the part where things go wrong, I thought we were on the right track, we were speaking regularly, I made her laugh all the time and our chemistry was good, but one day she ended up sitting next to another person (being that I had told her she could speak english to people and be confident, she did just that) from there on she started talking to all the other males in the class... now excluding me (we would sit next to each other from time to time now, but it's not the same anymore). I actually like this girl, she was leaving the class, basically I said here lemme see your phone, she gave it to me, I put my number in and called it, I have her number and she saved mine, but from there its basically at a stand still. I think she likes another guy from our class it seems like shes always flirting with him and for some reason I can't stop thinking about her.

What would you do in a situation like this?

canadianaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 06:28 AM   #2
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,320 Times in 331 Posts
It's all or nothing time, ask her out before the other guy does. Even if she doesn't like you in that way, then you'll forget about her soon and go back to studying for your courses. The alternative is you do nothing and remain "just friends", can you imagine seeing her go out with that other guy while you're just the nice guy friend of hers.
RacePace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:18 AM   #3
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Like Illuminate said, just ask her out, bro.

There's nothing worse than wondering what could have been.
If you really like this girl that is.
Plus it seems like you've already laid down the "groundwork".

And who knows, maybe the other dude already snatched that shit up.
If that's the case, and/or you get shot down, just forget about it and move on.

Tons of other chicks out there.

Hahaha actually If she's going out with him, wait your chances, keep in touch, and you could be this guy:
http://www.revscene.net/forums/joe-r...s-t594791.html
hanshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 04:11 PM   #4
Ubereem Mod

it's joe_45 again.
Gt-R R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 07:09 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt-R R34 View Post
it's joe_45 again.
who's joe_45?

Anyways I thought about it, now that she's not in class with me anymore, I rarely ever see her, I guess maybe she dropped out of the class or something along that line, but I do see her sometimes on Mondays. Being tomorrow we have have an event that we will both be attending, I don't know I guess I'll try to get a few friends together from the class and go out for a drink or something. Yeah and it does suck that you are on the outside looking in, but your dying from the inside out. Although we have chemistry, it's more of a friend thing (I think I get friend-zoned), I thought I was playing it right like by being a person/friend besides just going up to her and blatantly asking wanna go out, I didn't want to be that person who just looks for girls, but really have no interest in them besides their looks and i'm not saying im a hopeless romantic, but I guess what's meant to be is meant to be and what isn't isn't. I could tell how she acts around the other guys our relationship is much different, there is physical touch on both ends, but it seems like her gestures with the other guys are more of a flirtatious feel, while mine is somewhat "hey buddy"
Old 11-08-2009, 07:58 PM   #6
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,320 Times in 331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianaboy View Post
who's joe_45?
Although we have chemistry, it's more of a friend thing (I think I get friend-zoned), I thought I was playing it right like by being a person/friend besides just going up to her and blatantly asking wanna go out, I didn't want to be that person who just looks for girls, but really have no interest in them besides their looks and i'm not saying im a hopeless romantic, but I guess what's meant to be is meant to be and what isn't isn't.
When you ask someone out right away, it doesn't automatically imply that you're one of those superficial douchebags. If you're sure about your interest, sometimes you just gotta go for it, girls like to be pursued, and like guys confident enough to do it. If you want any girl with some quality, that's just how it works. Forget about this girl, it was just a learning experience, now you know for next time.
RacePace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 04:13 AM   #7

Thanks illuminate you've been a great help, even if im friend zoned, I think i will try to move on.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:02 PM   #8

Hey thanks for the help everyone, problem solved,
I never even needed to move on, the girl is kind of
Scandalous, now I'm not going to go as far as to asassinate
Her character, but bottom line is, she is a flirty girl,
She likes to be touchy with other guys. What I hadn't
Noticed was what she was wearing around her neck... I
Knew she had a necklace, but I didn't see it until 2
Days ago, there was a ring on it, a diamond ring and today
When I seen her she was wearing it on her ring finger.
She has a fiance and the way I look at it is that
if someone actually loves her and she could be out
touching and flirting with other guys, I don't really
think she's worth it
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-09-2009, 05:07 PM   #9
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,782 Times in 977 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt-R R34 View Post
it's joe_45 again.
joe's english isn't that good.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:58 PM   #10
My homepage has been set to RS

going for girls at skool dunt relli wrk sometimes
blee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:40 AM   #11
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blee123 View Post
That can be said for anywhere else. Fail.
Dinan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:11 AM   #12
Unauthourized Spammer

you win some, you lose some.
rickross888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 04:21 PM   #13
RS controls my life!

yea like all others have said just go for it... what do you have to lose? Sound like by the end of this class you won't be seeing her much anymore anyways
I mean those LV and Gucci also doesn't make you any smarter
Shirlz - Things to do in Vancouver | Web Developer Resource
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 06:20 PM   #14
My homepage has been set to RS

don't be a home-wrecker. Time to move on.

MY FEEDBACK
jimzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:29 PM   #15
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blee123 View Post
Where does it work for u?
Posted via RS Mobile
Durrann1984 is offline   Reply With Quote