REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   Pro First Date Tips (https://www.revscene.net/forums/596190-pro-first-date-tips.html)

treize 11-13-2009 07:53 PM

Pro First Date Tips

Lately I’ve had a lot of friends complain about first date failures. I myself have experienced a fair share of bad dates and have taken it upon myself to compile some pro tips for each gender on how to ensure a successful first date. Since I think most people are capable of basic conversation, my tips are more directed to the date set up and end of the night. Also, I am assuming that this is a first date between two people who aren’t previously friends and have a general interest in each other, not just looking to hook up, etc.

Guys:
1) When you are about to ask a girl on a date, pick up the phone and call her. Texting is lame.
2) Have a place in mind you want to take her on date as well as a time. Offer to pick her up. If you do not own a car, worry not, public transit goes to most places in the city, meet her at her place.
3) When you arrive at her place to pick her up for the big date – go to the door!!! Calling or honking is unacceptable.
4) Now you’re on your way to your date location. (If you’re unsure of where to go for a first date, dinner is always a pretty good bet. Victoria has a lot of neat locally owned restaurants great for dates, oh look, a whole website! http://www.dinehere.ca/results.asp?l=29). Don’t feel pressured to pick somewhere “fancy”. Also don’t go somewhere with your friends, it should be one on one. If you’re broke, go for coffee and a walk by the ocean.
5) If you have decided on a date that involves eating, watch your table manners! Actually watch your manners the whole time.
6) Bill time. Bust out the credit card and pay. If you are not going for a meal, pay for whatever it is you do.
7) Time to go home. If you are having a good time, suggest going for drinks or dessert after whatever it was you had planned already. If you aren’t having a good time, take her home. Try not to have plans after the date. That way if it’s going well you aren’t rushed to leave. If it’s going badly, feel free to make something up that you have to do afterward. Don’t hint at hanging out again if you don’t see it going anywhere.
8) If you like the girl, set up a time to go on a second date before the first date is done.

Girls:
1) You’re allowed to ask a guy out too. Don’t expect him to pick up on the hint that you like him or that he’ll ask you out.
2) If you drive or have access to a car and your date doesn’t, offer to pick him up.
3) Same goes for girls as for guys, if you are the one doing the asking, think of somewhere to go and have manners.
4) If/When your date goes to pay the bill, offer to pay. You don’t have to throw cash on the table or anything, but ask if you can pay for your portion. If they say no, sincerely thank them. If they say yes, too bad sister, get the wallet out.
5) It’s the end of the date... if you had a nice time, tell your date and suggest a date to see them again in the future. If they weren’t for you, thank them again and go on your way.

agree?

cvcdx 11-13-2009 08:00 PM

Be Respectful and be Yourself because there's no point playing a role because when she finds out she will be pissed off with all the time you have wasted... or worse not like who you really are... if you wanna open doors cause she makes you feel like it?.. do it

xPhuong 11-13-2009 08:00 PM

agree!

azzurro32 11-15-2009 04:10 PM

Don't bring up any ex's and wash your privates in advance
Posted via RS Mobile

JulyZerg 11-15-2009 04:46 PM

3) When you arrive at her place to pick her up for the big date – go to the door!!! Calling or honking is unacceptable.

ROFL I always call and tell them to get their ass out...doesn't everyone do this or do you guys actually knock on their doors?

Culture_Vulture 11-15-2009 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hewlett-Packard (Post 6684840)

ROFL I always call and tell them to get their ass out...doesn't everyone do this or do you guys actually knock on their doors?

Maybe it's the way I've been raised, but I knock on the door every time--regardless of occasion or person.
It's more respectable to her family, and even if she doesn't live with her family, I just think of it as a good habit.

slammer111 11-15-2009 06:10 PM

Quote:

Honking is always rude, but personally I ALWAYS call instead. Many times you don't want her parents making a big fuss at the door, especially if she's Chinese/Asian. I only ring the doorbell after I've been formally introduced to her parents.

9) Make sure the girl isn't a nutcase first.

distanc3 11-15-2009 07:39 PM

buy her a prada bag :D

Meowjin 11-15-2009 08:02 PM

i will knock if she lives home alone, if she has parents automatic call

bcedhk 11-15-2009 08:08 PM

i stopped reading after you put your lame list.

every girl is different, and every date is different. Just be yourself, don't act like someone your not cause if you do , your just gonna get burned later on.

And don't make your first few , or even first feew months of date so extravigant, unless you got the $$ just take her out for a good dinner or lunch and some alone time to chat and get to know each other.

OP post = FAIL

Culture_Vulture 11-15-2009 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MajinHurricane (Post 6685109)
i will knock if she lives home alone, if she has parents automatic call

even if her parents know you/ know you're taking her out?

Meowjin 11-15-2009 08:36 PM

^ yep. I don't want her parents to get a good look at my face after they catch me boning her daughter.

liu13 11-15-2009 09:09 PM

tip:

if the date is going sour, use the washroom, and just leave, txt 10 minutes later with " if you haven't noticed, i wont be returning"

JulyZerg 11-15-2009 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slammer111 (Post 6684954)
Honking is always rude, but personally I ALWAYS call instead. Many times you don't want her parents making a big fuss at the door, especially if she's Chinese/Asian. I only ring the doorbell after I've been formally introduced to her parents.

9) Make sure the girl isn't a nutcase first.

Yeah I never honk, I usually call. but Physixx has a good point, it might be better to knock and get on her families good side lol

tiger_handheld 11-15-2009 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by distanc3 (Post 6685070)
buy her a prada bag :D

that is after you knock her up and find out she's pregnant. get your processes straight man!

XtC_13aBy 11-15-2009 10:51 PM

lol yeah, agreed with what the others said, - don't be knocking on the girl's door ....on a FIRST DATE!!! She may not want the parents to know, and plus you're only starting to get to know eachother!!

TheKingdom2000 11-15-2009 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liu13 (Post 6685161)
tip:

if the date is going sour, use the washroom, and just leave, txt 10 minutes later with " if you haven't noticed, i wont be returning"

if you have done this.. you are KING

JulyZerg 11-15-2009 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XtC_13aBy (Post 6685334)
lol yeah, agreed with what the others said, - don't be knocking on the girl's door ....on a FIRST DATE!!! She may not want the parents to know, and plus you're only starting to get to know eachother!!

What about if you've known her for awhile and shit like that?

Gh0stRider 11-15-2009 11:35 PM

Quote:

I call them to let them know I'm there then meet them at the door.
Posted via RS Mobile

yuusha 11-16-2009 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiger_handheld (Post 6685231)
that is after you knock her up and find out she's pregnant. get your processes straight man!

I believe you are also mistaken. Bust two loads* in her twice, unprotected, then once on her face. Wait a few days for her to feel "pregnancy symptoms" and THEN buy her the Prada bag.

*Two loads minimum, inside her, unprotected, just to be extra sure.