REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 11-16-2009, 06:17 PM   #1
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,462 Times in 390 Posts
20 years of land rover discovery

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIa_3SpOWNI

Quote:
Workhorse, tow car, law enforcer, status symbol, people carrier, mud plugger; few cars can claim to fulfil any of these duties with genuine conviction. Yet since 16 November 1989 20 years ago today one car has consistently met all those challenges and more, earning itself iconic status as the ultimate all-purpose vehicle. That car is the Land Rover Discovery.

Designed originally to plug the gap between the utilitarian attributes of the iconic Land Rover Defender and the more luxurious characteristics of the flagship Range Rover, Discovery soon became the perfect niche vehicle for the growing demands of the family 4x4 market.

"The Discovery legend has been built on innovative design and advanced technology. From the introduction of high-efficiency direct-injection diesel technology into the 4x4 market in 1989, to pioneering occupant safety with the adoption of twin airbags in 1998, Discovery has led the way." says Phil Popham, Managing Director. "It is truly the best loved SUV the world over. Today, we sell the Discovery in 91 countries and sales to date have hit over and above 900,000,"
he adds.

Having revolutionised the mid-sized 4x4 sector in 1989, its no surprise that the Discovery evolved to reflect the needs and tastes of its increasingly urbane and discerning buyers. By 1994 range-topping Discovery models featured leather upholstery and wood veneer trim, and when the Series II Discovery was introduced in 1998 it added a sophisticated new heating, air-conditioning and ventilation system for increased comfort in all climates. Todays Discovery 4 continues that ethos of evolution to winning effect: Its strikingly architectural interior design, clear-yet-stylish dashboard, user-friendly features and luxurious interior creating an attractive, well-appointed and practical environment for driver and passengers alike.

The Discovery will be forever renowned for its legendary exterior shape which to this day still continues the stepped roof and asymmetric rear glass theme, giving all occupants a clear view of the journey ahead. To provide a contemporary edge to the interior design, Land Rover turned to the Conran Design Studio who for many years have been held in high regard for influencing 'modern day living'.
Advertisement
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Renn.Sport View Post
I sold my Yaris 5 years ago, and seriously, IT IS better than your shit box civics. The mods I have for that car is probably worth more than your whole self-worth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joreus View Post
After spending some time reading through this thread, I now know how to give a killer blowjob. Thanks revscene.

2005 richmond transportation device
nack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:07 PM   #2
regulator

I really like the LR3, too bad they're such steaming piles of shit

and lol @ wind tunnel testing of a LR
jigga250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:12 PM   #3
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,491 Times in 341 Posts
yea i always thought LR and RR tend to fall apart and break
AVS_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:33 PM   #4
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Don't forget their terrific resale value!
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 08:14 PM   #5
Need to Seek Professional Help

ya i guess my attempted retard post is just stupid so ill change it

lol range rover looks cooler but discovery would make a crazy beater/winter car
danizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:32 AM   #6
I am on the internets

i love my disco 2, nothing major ever went wrong.
too bad about the resale value.
maxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 06:10 AM   #7
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Sweet! i just did a commercial shoot for landrover discovery in scotland. That car's wicked! Went on the landrover driving experience off road tour. It climbed like a 60% grade muddy hill, it was insane. the hill was almost vertical i thought we were goin to flip backwards. I'll post some pics once i get them processed and cleared. Too bad north america doesnt have the diesel powerplants, thing's a beast!