REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   Anyone can be "untaken" (https://www.revscene.net/forums/596547-anyone-can-untaken.html)

Gt-R R34 11-16-2009 10:28 PM

Anyone can be "untaken"

Me and a female friend were having a discussion about women and the dating scene, when i was saying, "Sometimes, you really don't want to home wreck yet you kind of do. "

She replies with this:

"any girl can be untaken." that was kinda interesting comment.

Any girls want to chime or someone that has experience or just general discussion.

Inaii 11-16-2009 11:04 PM

Same goes for men. Any guy can suddenly become "untaken" if he finds something better. I think it all depends on the person and whether they're happy in their current relationship or not. If they're not happy, there's a higher chance they'll become "untaken" for the right person.

Meowjin 11-17-2009 02:32 AM

something containing the word douchebag is a good response.

Drow 11-17-2009 04:17 AM

anyone can be a "douchebag"

Gumby 11-17-2009 08:29 AM

How about, "Douchebags don't have morals."

hotjoint 11-17-2009 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inaii (Post 6687037)
Same goes for men. Any guy can suddenly become "untaken" if he finds something better. I think it all depends on the person and whether they're happy in their current relationship or not. If they're not happy, there's a higher chance they'll become "untaken" for the right person.

yes

LC21 11-17-2009 11:10 AM

yay <3 need to untake some girls now.

tiger_handheld 11-17-2009 11:25 AM

but if they weren't happy - why are they still in that relationship? cuz "something is better than nothing" ?

Noir 11-17-2009 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiger_handheld (Post 6687578)
but if they weren't happy - why are they still in that relationship? cuz "something is better than nothing" ?

Or the phenomenon called: Trading Up.

Grandmaster TSE 11-17-2009 12:35 PM

well untaken could mean they break up
doesn't necessary mean that someone has to come in and break the couple up

6793026 11-17-2009 12:44 PM

seriously, if i was ever in a relatinoship, i wouldn't trade up, cause by the time i'm dating a girl to be calling my gf, she's the only one that i want.

never have i evern played the fields and just trying to find someone to 'trade up'

Raid3n 11-17-2009 01:10 PM

Grr signed in one the wrong account -.-

Inaii 11-17-2009 01:41 PM

Quote:

Sigh, lets try this again...

There is that. Or maybe they think they can't do any better. Low self-esteem could also play a part, and then when that hottie comes up to them, suddenly there's something better on their plate and they don't want to stick around with what they have.

Also some people stay with their SO even if they don't want to because of certain circumstances.

600rr 11-17-2009 03:57 PM

Or you can not over analyze and consider something called break up. Bam untaken
Posted via RS Mobile

slammer111 11-21-2009 07:01 PM

Quote:

Ding ding ding! We have a winner! :D See that with assloads of girls (mostly Asian, go figure :rolleyes:). It's seriously lame, but the ones with really low self-esteem generally suck and/or are boring as hell anyways, so why would you want that? :thumbsup:

My buddy always had a philosophy: anyone without a ring is fair game. :D It's true, if they like you more than their current SO, they WILL break it off and jump ship, or "trade up." I must admit, his words have definitely held true as I started noticing the actions of people around me over the years. All's fair in love and war. Personally I would never wreck an engaged couple though, that's just wrong in my books.

Alatar 11-21-2009 07:16 PM

Ever heard the saying "If there's no ring on the finger..."

Like slammer's buddy said.

slammer111 11-21-2009 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alatar (Post 6693949)
Ever heard the saying "If there's no ring on the finger..."

What's the full saying? This is a new one.

Ch28 11-22-2009 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6793026 (Post 6687677)
seriously, if i was ever in a relatinoship, i wouldn't trade up, cause by the time i'm dating a girl to be calling my gf, she's the only one that i want.

never have i evern played the fields and just trying to find someone to 'trade up'

+1

Depends on the person though. Some get into relationships and are constantly looking for somebody to "upgrade" to and they just use the current relationship as a way of having something in the present time. Some will look to relationships as a commitment thing and the thought of trading up will never even come up.

Meowjin 11-22-2009 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slammer111 (Post 6693929)
Ding ding ding! We have a winner! :D See that with assloads of girls (mostly Asian, go figure :rolleyes:). It's seriously lame, but the ones with really low self-esteem generally suck and/or are boring as hell anyways, so why would you want that? :thumbsup:

My buddy always had a philosophy: anyone without a ring is fair game. :D It's true, if they like you more than their current SO, they WILL break it off and jump ship, or "trade up." I must admit, his words have definitely held true as I started noticing the actions of people around me over the years. All's fair in love and war. Personally I would never wreck an engaged couple though, that's just wrong in my books.

DOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCHE