REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:49 PM   #1
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
Can I call the Police on Canada Post ?

it definitely sounds like a stupid question I know, but once you read the circumstances below you will easily see why I've come to ask a seemingly retarded question....

Canada Post has had my package since November 3rd at the local transfer station and I've been in numerous telephone conversations with useless Canada Post Customer Service employees... they all confirm that my package IS at this specific location, but refuse to do anything else about it, they won't give me the location of the Transfer Station where my package is, probably fearing the safety of their workers there, and yet they won't release the package either, it was supposed to be at my doorstep on November 3rd via XpressPost, it's the 20th now.

They won't even let me lodge a complaint to the OmBudsman, nor escalate my case to their other complaints department.... I need a file number from them to proceed at the OmBudsmans office but they refuse to give me a file number. Every time I call their office they pretty much hang up on me, if they don't hang up I get a supervisor who stops just short of telling me to fck off and then hanging up on me.

The card I have up my sleeve is I found out this "secret" location of the transfer station and am going there first thing tomorrow morning I wanna walk in with cool head but like to weigh my options right now...
No I don't wanna do the whole lawyer, Better Business Bureau bullshit, because it's bullshit I've been through before and seen fail..

I believe since in it's most basic form this is someone else with my property that I am within my legal rights to get the police involved in the scenario of stolen goods. My question to you forum cops would be do I call an officer to the scene using the non emergency number or go to my local police station and make the complaint there ?
Advertisement
Old 11-19-2009, 10:16 PM   #2
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,133 Times in 309 Posts
Why exactly are they holding your package...? Where is the package from? Does the package contain contraband or any sort of questionable material? Could the package have without your knowledge have contained any materials prohibited from travelling through the mail system? There is quite likely a reasonable answer for why they've held your package (if a piece of mail is undeliverable for any reason, they're likely to return it to the sender fairly quickly as they aren't going to waste their time and storage on it for no reason).
Babykiller - And next to that, there's a little dot called a period. It's not the stuff you eat out of your sisters gash, it's a handy little tool for breaking up sentences so they don't look like nonsensical retard garbage.
Brianrietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:59 PM   #3

^ thanks but none of that helps bro, if there was a "reasonable" answer and solution to all of this, do you really think I would even consider resorting to such drastic measures ?

the package is a very expensive electronic item by the way, I have a feeling someone at the postal outlet stole it and scanned it as delivered and that's exactly what the customer service folks have been telling me, that the item tracks as delivered...they kept trying to convince me that the item was delivered because in the tracking it shows up as "successfully delivered" which is absolute bullshit, I have security camera footage showing no postman coming to my house the day it was "supposedly" delivered....
and also another fact to consider is that it says item was last delivered to the location of "postal outlet" and we all know in tracking info anytime you get your item delivered to you in the location bracket it always shows your address and not the local postal location.

but thats actually when it all went downhill with customer service, they lied to me until they found out I had irrefutable evidence that proves they are wrong and it was NOT delivered, ever since that was established they have been absolutely refusing to help me whatsoever, they won't even give me a fcking case number which is what I need to complain to the OmBudsman and BBB.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:59 PM   #4
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

They usually give you 2 weeks to pick up something after it gets to your local post office. If it's at a transfer station, then there may be something wrong. They can be holding it for customs too, or they lost it and are trying to cover their asses and let insurance handle it after it's missing for a certain amount of time.
wing_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 08:54 AM   #5
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,185 Times in 304 Posts
i've had the same thing happened to me before too... the tracking info said that the package was successfully delivered, but it was notwhere to be found... i didnt have a notice of attempted delivery either... so i went down to my closest post office where they usually take the packages that require signature or payment, and what do you know, the package was sitting there... also, the vancouver transfer station is downtown, i've gone down there before too and they either tell you to go to the post office, the other transfer station in richmond, or give you the package... the transfer station is at camie and dunsmuir... the entrance is off cambie

A car can be only 2 out of the 3.
xpl0sive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:32 AM   #6

I've had a package before where the online tracking said it was successfully delivered. It even had a digital signature of someone signing for it. I was worried that someone stole it, but it showed up the next day. Weird.
wing_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 12:01 PM   #7
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

most likely someone stole it, I sent stuff via fedex and on the online track, it's at the richmond depot for long time and it's gone never even left the fedex office.

BBB would most likely be useless since its' Canadapost, too big to have any effect... not like people would go to BBB to check if they want to send a mail....
Solo_D33A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 02:15 PM   #8
RS Peace Officer

You could try calling the non-emergency number to have an officer attend, but from the sounds of it, this is more of a civil issue than a police issue which would make it unlikely for police to attend.

I'd recommend going to the post office to get to the bottom of it and just try to stay calm while talking to them. The last thing you want is for them to call the police on you because you are yelling/screaming/assaulting somebody. If you do feel that you're going to lose it, walk out and calm down for a bit.
Five-Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 03:41 PM   #9
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
I say you call a Five-Oh first , and see what kind of legal options u have. i've never heard of anything like this before...

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 04:10 PM   #10
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Canada Post is a federal organization, I doubt there's much the cops could really do, not the RCMP, and most certainly not VPD.

Here's a thought: contact your MP. Federal issue, deal with it on a federal level.

You could also contact the media - media heat is often useful in these kind of situations. Try "Olsen On Your Side" at CTV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 07:30 AM   #11
Retired Traffic Cop

They won't let you complain to the ombudsman? Since when did they have any control over that?

I'm guessing that there is more going on here than you tell in your story...

Learn more at DriveSmartBC
skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 09:54 AM   #12
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
They won't let you complain to the ombudsman? Since when did they have any control over that?
Might just be that the ombudsman won't accept a complaint with a file number, which he states they won't give him? Just guessing...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 09:58 AM   #13
14 dolla balla & Bradford Chow aint got nothing on me!

holy hacksaw! Grab the popo
XtC-604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 05:38 PM   #14

yea I took some time out of my life to come on a internet forum and lie to everyone..... what more to the story can there be? I basically spelled it all out for everyone in my above posts in detail.

like Soundy said they're witholding my file number which is what I need to give to the Ombudsman otherwise Budsman can't do crap for me. They know my only other options are BBB which no company seems to fear, and lawyering up which they know will cost much more money than it's worth, they're not stupid they know it's highly unlikely that I will go to the BBB or Lawyer.

They finally escalated me to a "Tracer Agent" the other day, and this is a person who is supposed to deal with these issues, only problem is.... I only talked to her once and since then she's been a ghost, she doesnt answer my calls and doesnt respond to her voice mail messages I've been leaving the last few days... and their official policy is to take no longer than 24 hours to call back the customer.

and then when I try to call and talk to Customer Service explain the situation to me they tell me they aren't dealing with this case anymore and it's been escalated to the "Tracer Agent" that's the only person I'm allowed to talk too.

this is all happening in Toronto, ghetto ass hood area too I would so call up Olsen on Your Side too bad he only deals with Vancouver cases.
Only thing is I don't think it would make for a good story because of the item in question, as expensive as it is it's just a cell phone, if it was something of huge sentimental value like your grandmothers Holocaust survivor ring or something like that that would be a winner right there.
ICBC, Canada Post all these government associated agencies make me sick to my stomach

I'm just gonna stop by my local community police station on monday morning before I head out to talk to them about my options and then head over to the postal outlet I'll let you guys know what happens on Monday.

Last edited by G-spec; 11-21-2009 at 05:44 PM.
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 06:31 PM   #15
Retired Traffic Cop

Time to correspond with the MP responsible for Canada Post, and that appears to be Ted Menzies.

Learn more at DriveSmartBC
skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 07:18 PM   #16

Canada Post has a shitty "grey-area" protocol called safe-drop.

I don't know how they get away with this.

If you are not home when the delivery man comes to your home, instead of making three (or however many) tries he is supposed to do and then drop it off at the nearest post office, he is able to "HIDE" your package somewhere where he/she feels it is safe enough. They are not entitled to leave anything on the door, saying that your package has been delivered or hidden. They will then write down that it was successfully delivered.

You may never know that your package has been delivered, because you weren't looking for a hidden package, or someone could have just walked up and stolen your package and you would be none the wiser.

It's bullshit. Fuck Canada Post.
JHatta is offline   Reply With Quote