REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 11-22-2009, 01:46 PM   #1
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

microdermabrasion

so im thinking of getting a microdermabrasion done on my face, but i need some suggestions of where to get it done. i've looked around and i found a place that is relatively cheap (only 75 per pass) but i couldn't find any reviews on that particular place which is called New Look Laser (http://www.newlooklaser.ca/index.html). So im wondering if anyone here can give me some advice of where to go.

46_valentinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 07:58 PM   #2
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

I guess my question to you is - what are u trying to achieve with this treatment? My family doctor (who did some dermatology stuff for burns + plastic) told me for scar removal, microdermabrasion is not as effective as chemical peel done by a doctor**

**apparently doctors can use high concentrations of chemicals to peel off thicker layers of skin but non-doctors can only use lesser concentration

I had microdermabrasion done in a beauty spa and it removes a very very thin layer of skin (unseen and unnoticed by naked eye). This specialize place you chosen might be more abrasive and use more sand and scratch up your face (in a good way to remove outer layer) compared to the beauty spa I been to
Gnomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:32 PM   #3
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

well i am mainly doing it cause of all the scars and blemishes left by my acne. so what you are suggesting is that i shouldn't expect very good results from mircodermabrasion but will have better luck with chemical peel? im not quite familiar with chemical peeling so i would have to look into that.
46_valentinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:55 PM   #4
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Would chemical peeling remove a lump/pimple like thing (but its not a pimple, its perm).
TOS'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 11:18 PM   #5
d1
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Chemical peels sound pretty harsh and depending on which peel you get and what concentration of acidity, your down time could be a while. Darker skin types are also more prone to pigmentation after the treatment.
d1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:10 AM   #6
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

TOS, that might be a cyst? you can get those surgically removed. Yeah unless its actual laser/dermabrasion (i hear this hurts like a bitch) the results will not be noticable at all unless you go for an extended period of time im talking months and months. So chemical peels would be the best choice for scar removal imo.
Moratorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:45 PM   #7
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Chemical peel does hurt like a bitch too. Pouring acid on your face and letting the acid sit there so that the skin can absorb it.

acne.org has some wonderful reviews on scar treatments you should check out.
Gnomes is offline   Reply With Quote