REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   How often do you dress up for your SO? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/597375-how-often-do-you-dress-up-your-so.html)

Sodium 11-23-2009 03:24 PM

How often do you dress up for your SO?

So you've been through the dating and the honey moon stage.....
How often do you dress up to have a nice dinner or a formal date if your SO?
The whole pick you up at 7 deal~

Or if you have a SO that is more fashion orientated and rarely go out in bummy clothes....would you feel wierd if she/he is dressed up and you're not?

asian_XL 11-23-2009 05:10 PM

weird? yes, a bit...my gf dresses like going to club everyday, I feel uncomfortable if I go out with her and dress like a bum or nerd.

For me
Weekdays: tie and shirt (I usually don't change after work)
Weekend: shirt + jeans + bracelet, sometimes polo shirt, hoodies or north face type of jacket if I am too lazy.

SkinnyPupp 11-23-2009 05:30 PM

Not often enough I think

miss_crayon 11-23-2009 05:42 PM

i think the longer the relationship you're in, the less time couples will actually take time to dress up and have a "real" date. not saying everyone is like this, but more often this is what happens.

speaking from experience, the only time i would spruce myself up a little more than usual is during our monthly anni dinners or on special occasions. but if it's just for kicks...not so much.

hmmm, this is definitely something to think about for the future.

slammer111 11-23-2009 05:50 PM

I did ever since my ex changed out my 75% of my entire wardrobe. :D She paid for it too. Said she couldn't stand my ghetto clothes. Soft rice ftw!

canadianaboy 11-23-2009 10:20 PM

Before I never cared how I dressed, until I started dating asian girls. My ex girlfriend was japanese and she dressed really nicely and convinced me that I should too. I was never apprehensive about it, people always told me, wow you go out with her you look so scrub. So I basically got used to dressing properly with my SO or not. I usually wear a pair of RR, TR jeans, Versace Jeans. Solid Color tee or polo, accessorize, usually wear plaque belts since like grade 10..lol (versace, damier inventeur belt and at the odd time wear a white gucci belt or hermes original big H belt)
Lacoste shoes..odd time shox. I've been going to school/work for the past few years, so its been a long sleeve shirt (dress) sometimes with a tie, sometimes without, pair of dress pants and dress shoes. So if I had to no choice running late, I can meet up with her and if her parents were there it doesn't make me look like im cheap/thug/scrub etc.

Drow 11-24-2009 02:13 AM

^^^
you sure had a huge ass transition from " scrub " to all those designer brands

hotjoint 11-24-2009 06:58 AM

I'm always in sweats and a t shirt or jeans and a t shirt. I should really dress up more but I'm lazy and my gf doesnt care. Only time I dress up is for bdays or dinners.

quasi 11-24-2009 07:42 AM

Very rarely, seldom have time with just the two of us to go to a place worth dressing up for.

Psykopathik 11-24-2009 08:08 AM

16 years of jeans and t shirts with big tittied Anime girls on them.

i don't dress up.

3seriesBeeM 11-24-2009 09:01 AM

I usually dont dress up just jeans and a tee. But if we do go out for special occasion than I will dress up. Ive been dating my gf for a while so she doesnt care what I look like. When we first started dating I would at least try to look good most of the time I was with her but not anymore.

LC21 11-24-2009 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slammer111 (Post 6696872)
I did ever since my ex changed out my 75% of my entire wardrobe. :D She paid for it too. Said she couldn't stand my ghetto clothes. Soft rice ftw!

Let me borrow some rice please. =)

Haha, i feel that looking good makes you feel more confident, so i think dressing up most of the time is ideal or at least "semi" dress up.

rickross888 11-24-2009 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LC21 (Post 6697975)
Haha, i feel that looking good makes you feel more confident, so i think dressing up most of the time is ideal or at least "semi" dress up.

:werd:

liu13 11-24-2009 11:24 AM

when you guys say dress up, do you mean like formal or semi formal? if so then almost never

jeans + tshirt + shirt/hoodie/jacket

Hustler604 11-24-2009 01:03 PM

all week im in a shirt + tie or suit, so when we go out during the week im super casual (jeans + tee + hoodie). Basically, its what i prefer to wear and my gf is cool with it. Once or twice a month we go out for a nice dinner and maybe once a month i'll dress up (i dont consider cactus a nice dinner, though i love it there!!!). She used to get all fancy for every dinner, but i told her it doenst matter to me what she wears, im not chaning ;) and i rather her be comfy also. She does still dress up most of the time, but we are so comfortable around eachother it doesnt make a difference if im in sweats and she wears a dress (although that never happens!)

i think it all depends on the relationship people have, for my gf and I, its been almost 3.5yrs and we know that we are going to be together long term, its just different....you will know what i mean when you have it!

Sodium 11-24-2009 03:20 PM

I guess for us girls it's fun to dress up in general....

For me at least I'm not those super high maintence type of girl. I don't need full on make up and the whole package everytime I go get groceries from Save-On. But I do like dressing up for casul dinner+movie date with the BF or with the girls.

And by dressing up I don't mean formally....but it's actually quite easy for guys to look fashionable even in casual clothing + accessories. All you need is a good solid watch and some layers. Go shop at H&M more and you'll know what I mean. Dressing up doesn't only make other people have more respect for you, but you will feel like a million bucks too.

For us girls we like to look good for our guy so you can show us off. We also like to dress up for other girls too. I check out girls way more than I check out guys lol......:D
To me a girl complimenting my look makes me 10000x more happy than a guy telling me I look hot with a perverted grin....:cry:

Mr.HappySilp 11-24-2009 10:28 PM

Well I work as a tech support so pretty much my work clothes is my work clothes (we can wear pretty much all casual to work to a degree) So for me when I go out for dinner is usually just what I happen to wear.

I do have something more fancy but I hardly wear them coz I am too lazy to actually find something that will match it.

Gumby 11-25-2009 09:55 AM

At the beginning, I dressed nice, and she dressed "ok". We both ended up dressing bummy. :(

Now we have a kid and we'll be lucky to have a "formal" dinner more than once per year. You don't wear nice clothes when your kid wants to be picked up.

And I like to dress up, too!

yuusha 11-25-2009 10:26 AM

GF is in high school, so I outdress her on a daily basis xD Never really go out for a formal dinner 'cause of her age, and I'm perfectly fine with that.

underscore 11-25-2009 02:16 PM

usually jeans + t shirt here, sometimes surprise her with a nice white t and button up with my nicest jeans, clean my shoes and toss on my nice watch

cruz-in 11-25-2009 02:43 PM

i love wearing jeans and a polo shirt of somesort. but the SO loves to go out in sweats, lulu lemon stuff.... shes doesnt have any club clothing no more so if she were to dress up, she wears business suit stuff...

its probably my fault too that she doesnt like dressing up. lol
when i see her wear a business suit, i end up getting turned on and feeling her out.

Lil Bastrd 11-25-2009 02:51 PM

I use to try once in a while to dress up when we were going out. It was fun for me and I know he liked it. We've been going out almost 7yrs and are engaged. Now with being pregnant though and not yet at a point to be able to pull off maternity wear, comfy clothing is the only thing I go out in. He's excited about the baby though so he really isn't disappointed that I don't dress up anymore.

Drow 11-25-2009 03:03 PM

when i was chasing her i'd dress up whenever i took her out on the movie + dinner dates. Now that i got her, and due to the cold weather, i just wear my northface 90% of the time i see her. It's too cold to dress up nicely.

q0192837465 11-25-2009 03:21 PM

I dun really dresss up. Not enuff money to pay the bills as it is.

Tapioca 11-25-2009 03:36 PM

Even if you're going on a formal date, you're seldom required to wear business attire.

But, how hard is it really to slap on a nice pair of jeans, a button down shirt (with a possible v-neck sweater), a blazer, and some nice shoes that are not sneakers?