REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   How to fix my gag reflex? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/597378-how-fix-my-gag-reflex.html)

ilvtofu 11-23-2009 04:07 PM

How to fix my gag reflex?

I can't take it nemore >.<
I can't stand going to the dentist cos whenever she sticks any of her tools etc in my mouth i wanna throw up and it feels like when you stick your finger down your throat.

How can I cure this?

sexyaccord 11-23-2009 05:09 PM

she hot?

SkinnyPupp 11-23-2009 05:37 PM

Practice with cocks. You'll make money doing it too! Bonus!

miss_crayon 11-23-2009 05:37 PM

i think you're getting too nervous and tense when your dentist is working on you. it's perfectly normal and you might not even know just how nervous you really are. when i was younger the dental assistant told me take a couple deep breaths and to focus on one spot/thing. when you're focusing on something it takes your mind off from wandering and looking atother things that might be overstimulating your brain.

in reality, there's no way the dentist will go that far back so just try to relax and calm down.

SkinnyPupp 11-23-2009 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miss_crayon (Post 6696853)
i think you're getting too nervous and tense when your dentist is working on you. it's perfectly normal and you might not even know just how nervous you really are. when i was younger the dental assistant told me take a couple deep breaths and to focus on one spot/thing. when you're focusing on something it takes your mind off from wandering and looking atother things that might be overstimulating your brain.

in reality, there's no way the dentist will go that far back so just try to relax and calm down.

See? It can be applied to dentistry too ;)

twitchyzero 11-25-2009 09:48 AM

don't cross your legs when you're sitting in the dental chair
breath
take your mind off whatever is going on in your mouth

Itachi 11-26-2009 07:47 PM

stick your finger down your throat. vomit. repeat until cured.

ajax 11-26-2009 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itachi (Post 6702043)
I'll help you with this. I'll start by putting something of mine in your mouth and make my way down your throat. Then you continue to move it up and down and wrap your wet lips around it. this is good therapy, im sure it will work. let me know k?

ilvtofu is male. Unless you're into that, than I'm not one to judge.

Inaii 11-26-2009 08:37 PM

I think that's the point of the joke...

neurotic 11-26-2009 08:42 PM

I've been told this method works. you form an improper fist with thumb being covered up by the rest of the fingers and just squeeze as hard as you can. Easy trick to do while at the dentist but it might get annoying having to clench the fist everytime.

6insomnia9 11-26-2009 08:54 PM

I told you not to watch those deep throat videos.

Itachi 12-06-2009 01:35 AM

too be honest thought this was a girl cuz of the "Rs has made me the woman i am today!"

Ima delete that last post! hahah just havin fun anyway

yuusha 12-06-2009 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neurotic (Post 6702158)
I've been told this method works. you form an improper fist with thumb being covered up by the rest of the fingers and just squeeze as hard as you can. Easy trick to do while at the dentist but it might get annoying having to clench the fist everytime.

It's better than nothing. I do the fist clench every time, in variation (sometimes grabbing onto the chair armrest or my leg). At least it helps.

TOS'd 12-06-2009 02:20 AM

Make sure you breathe from your nose and not your mouth. Deep breathes.

GLOW 12-06-2009 06:43 AM

watch the TV and dont think about it, basically it's not much diff from brushing your teeth in terms of what is going in your mouth so it's all mental. unless you puke brushing your teeth too

ienhz 12-06-2009 12:26 PM

If it's the fluoride in the teeth mold that's making you gag, try lifting your tongue when they set it on your teeth.

El Bastardo 12-07-2009 12:52 AM

I came in here from the forum index because I thought this was posted in the relationship forum....

....I'm disappointed

JL9000 12-07-2009 09:45 AM

There isn't much you can do to help with your gag reflex. If you google gag reflex you will see some ways to slowly reduce your sensitivity but there aren't any solid evidence for their effectiveness.

twitchyzero 12-07-2009 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ienhz (Post 6715866)
If it's the fluoride in the teeth mold that's making you gag, try lifting your tongue when they set it on your teeth.

lolwut

skyxx 12-07-2009 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Bastardo (Post 6716617)
I came in here from the forum index because I thought this was posted in the relationship forum....

....I'm disappointed

Bhahahaha DITTO!

Leopold Stotch 12-07-2009 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miss_crayon (Post 6696853)

when i was getting my wisdom teeth out

my doctor chipped away a piece and it almost lodged into my throat.

man did i wanna puke after that

but other than that you should be fine grasshopper, watch some tv next time.

juicyjum 12-16-2009 06:37 PM

i heard somewhere that you can get your tonsils removed. people with larger tonsils tend to have sensitive gag reflexes - otherwise, dentists recommend you eat a meal before getting in the chair. somehow thats supposed to help.