REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   question about suspension (https://www.revscene.net/forums/597826-question-about-suspension.html)

jonwon 11-27-2009 01:01 AM

question about suspension

Posting this for a friend, hoping to get some feedback from any experts :) so, my friend accumulated too many points and got suspended for 3 months... Then when he was about 3/4 done his suspension, he got caught driving :( so, they took away his liscence and further suspended him until his court date to figure out what they were going to do about his liscence. On the day of the court he showed up and the judge said they didnt have anything from his file and pretty much they screwed up, so they gave him back his liscence... THENNNN about 3 weeks ago he gets a mail saying that he has to go to court again about his suspension :confused: Are they allowed to do this? He has signed papers on the day he went to court where they concluded they messeded up and messed up his file... I honestly dont think they can give back his liscence and ask to take it back when it was their fault they screwed up in the first place... Any advice on what he should do and whats could possibly happen to him? Thanks in advance

LiquidTurbo 11-27-2009 02:50 AM

Just curious, how old is your friend? Class 5?

zulutango 11-27-2009 07:21 AM

A court date can be struck from the list, rescueduled or a stay of proceedings entered. All permit the trial to be held at a later date. He never had his trial then so he is having it now. I bet the time he got caught was not the only time he drove during his prohibition. The guy is acting like the laws don't apply to him. He is fortunate that he did not get involved in a crash as he did not have any insurance coverage. I hope you don't ride with him?

If convicted he could get jail time, his vehicle will be impounded and he could end up with a criminal record as he insists on continuing to drive so that he gets tickets...and he gets prohibited. I also don't know why he got his DL back but we would have to know exactly what went on in the courtroom to know that. You don't have to be prohibited by court to loose your DL, the Supt. of M Vehs has the authority to yank it without convictions for prohibited driving.

CRS 11-27-2009 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonwon (Post 6702551)
Posting this for a friend, hoping to get some feedback from any experts :) so, my friend accumulated too many points and got suspended for 3 months... Then when he was about 3/4 done his suspension, he got caught driving :( so, they took away his liscence and further suspended him until his court date to figure out what they were going to do about his liscence. On the day of the court he showed up and the judge said they didnt have anything from his file and pretty much they screwed up, so they gave him back his liscence... THENNNN about 3 weeks ago he gets a mail saying that he has to go to court again about his suspension :confused: Are they allowed to do this? He has signed papers on the day he went to court where they concluded they fucked up and messed up his file... I honestly dont think they can give back his liscence and ask to take it back when it was their fault they screwed up in the first place... Any advice on what he should do and whats could possibly happen to him? Thanks in advance

Caught driving while prohibited, nice.

Goes to court and court missed his file.

Thinks he's off scotch free.

Life happens and realization that he isn't.

Complains and saying how this is so unjust.

Nice.

Advise on what to do? Take it like a man and do your time. Don't act like such a douche the next time around by driving when you are knowingly prohibited from driving.

Oh and technically, the court didn't screw up first. Your friend did by having multiple violations.

seekerbeta 11-27-2009 09:00 AM

Just look closely on the back of any drivers Licence.

"This card remains the property of the issuing agency and must be surrendered upon request"

That would mean (to me anyway) that they can take it away anytime they want, and for any reason.

i think your friend just needs to get over it

Dragon-88 11-27-2009 11:03 AM

He shoulda learnt his lesson the first time now he will probably get a 6mo - 1yr suspension... Sucks... But its a lesson learned.. Honestly how hard is it not to get a ticket... Just dont bring attention to yourself and you wont get pulled over... Remember Chicks dont digg suckas with a buss pass.

jonwon 11-27-2009 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo (Post 6702591)
Just curious, how old is your friend? Class 5?

hes N... so, pretty much he's gonna get suspended again? The thing is he already served probably like a total 4-5 months suspension during that period, will it get deducted when the judge sentences him?

Mr.Jay 11-27-2009 05:06 PM

same thing happen to my buddy

he went to court and the took his class 5 away for 6 months and fined his ass