REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 12-01-2009, 09:02 PM   #1
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

Things to do in Florida?

It's time for my annual "use it or lose it" vacation (where if I don't use my vacation days by the end of the year, I'll lose them) so it's time for me to plan something.

This year, I've decided to go to Florida. Time frame is pretty much starting at the end of next week up until the week of Christmas.

I'm looking to see if anyone has been and has some recommendations on things to see/do.

Right now, I've narrowed it down to Miami and Florida Keys as places to go. I'll probably be flying into either Fort Lauderdale (because I have a free flight with Frontier Airlines) or Miami (if I manage to round up some people to go with me at the last minute)

A few things I've kinda put on the list so far:
*Cruise - probably looking at a short 4 day cruise. Will have to see what's available that suits my schedule. If nothing fits my schedule, I'll have an extra 4 days to try kill.
*Snorkeling. Not sure where are the best locations but I've read that Key Largo is fairly good. Any other suggestions? I want to play around with my underwater housing for my camera.
*Might learn to scuba dive. Not sure if I want to pick a vacation to learn it/get certified but considering it.
*Drive along the Keys to Key West.

Has anyone been to Florida and can offer suggestions on good things to do there? My only experience in Florida was in Gainsville and a little bit of Orlando but I probably don't want to make the trek up to Orlando unless I'm REALLY bored.

Other than that I'll need to research it some more but some suggestions would be welcomed!
Advertisement
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 06:05 PM   #2
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

just came back from FLL a week ago

-check out the million dollar mansions. take the water taxi for the intercoastal waterways. cheapest way of seeing them. rather than taking river tour cruise
-discovery cruise.. day cruise or stay and cruise cheap way to get to freeport bahamas. you probably have better chance on playing with your underwater camera there.
-NCL and RCCL has short cruises out of miami or port everglades but might be more $$ than discovery cruise.
-south beach, miami beach, collins avenue.
-chill and people watch..
- if you have a car.. sawgrass mills outlet. its closer from FLL than miami. biggest outlet mall. be sure to give yourself a day there. but local malls are nice. some even have valet parking for the mall.
Mr.JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 07:57 PM   #3
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,763 Times in 905 Posts
Florida Panthers game for little to nothing.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:23 PM   #4
Banned By Establishment

lots of outlet malls all over Orlando. Check out Cape Canaveral. Disney world. Short weekend cruise.
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 10:35 PM   #5
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

I didn't realize there were single day cruises to the Bahamas. I'll have to check those out if my cruise plans don't work out.

I'll definitely have to hit the outlets at least once. Gotta get some shopping in with the great USD exchange rate.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm also adding an Everglades tour so I can go see some gators. I'd see a Panthers game if they had a worthy opponent but it looks like they're not really playing any good teams while I'm there so I might pass on that unless I score free tickets.

I checked out a few Florida tourist guides from the library today so I'm gonna browse through those for some more suggestions...
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 07:42 AM   #6
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

bahamas day cruise isn't like any other bigger cruise ships out there. more of a bc ferry but with optional to get rooms. NCL, RCCL, Carnival, Princess has 3-4 days cruise to the bahamas. or to their private cruise line island in the bahamas. bigger way nicer ships tho.. so more $$. but service and food is guranteed to be good tho.

there's always d-wade from miami heat hehe

check out sunny.org for FLL tourism
http://www.miami-florida.com/

its really nice there. im sure you will enjoy it. ballers everywhere

Last edited by Mr.JDM; 12-05-2009 at 07:52 AM.
Mr.JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 05:21 PM   #7
Banned By Establishment

Orlando also has a nike clearance center. It is located next to the biggest rack room store.
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:31 PM   #8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

things to do in florida : get laid!!!!
Old 12-11-2009, 12:10 AM   #9

if you go to south beach, be careful of the hotels on south beach, some are so crappy, and looks good on the site only. A lot of their staffs only speaks spanish.

there is a stirp on south beach call Espanola Way, its like a block full of good food.
i recommend trying the french onion soup at a la folie, and the spanish tapa place the corner, forgot the name, but super good and cheap too!!

club mansion is big! but like all clubs in miami, expensive drinks....DO pre-drink
cowcowcafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:10 AM   #10

btw, i personally prefer the beaches of ft launderdale over south beach, less populated, so more clean, hence less boobies too hahah
cowcowcafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:02 PM   #11
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,455 Times in 988 Posts
chill at a patio on south beach on a weekend night... sip drinks watch the bentleys drive by
unit is online now   Reply With Quote