REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 12-01-2009, 10:17 PM   #1
RS controls my life!

Mount Baker

So my friends and I are going off to mount baker (we've never been there before) in 2 weeks (for a 4 days).
So besides snow boarding and stuff, I was wondering what else is there to do? And any tips for resturants or something (etc)
Advertisement

Last edited by ra1nn; 12-02-2009 at 03:38 PM.
ra1nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:24 AM   #2
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

I've been to Mt. Baker a couple times, great mountain!! But that's about all there is to it. It's not like Whistler with a huge village and such, so not much to do other than boarding or skiing.

There is this little place called Grahams Restaurant, pretty good place with home cooked food and a great atmosphere for a couple drinks and a bite to eat after a long day of boarding! It's in the town of Glacier, Washington which is the town right before you get to Mt. Baker.
VeeDubya is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-02-2009, 04:20 PM   #3
I STILL don't get it

ra1nn:
Whereabouts are you staying? I'm trying to book a trip to Mount Baker too but I don't really know what's over there either.. I heard that there's no accomodations right on the mountain though..? Yeah?
kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:49 PM   #4
RS controls my life!

umm im staying at about Mt. Baker Highway, Maple Falls and it's under the mountain. looking at the site (http://www.mtbakerlodging.com/index....ore_properties)
i dont think there is any listed that is on the mountain..
Old 12-06-2009, 08:26 PM   #5
Need my Daily Fix of RS

I've been there before and am planning another trip there is winter...theres is not much to do there other then the mountain. Most of the accomodations are not on the mountain...but a short drive down like someone mentioned.

Remember to bring some walkie talkies for the mountain or for general use as there was absolutely no cell reception in the town. So if there are more then one group of cars going remember that.
nipster is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-13-2009, 06:17 PM   #6
Banned (ABWS)

Went last year and there isn't much near the mountain only a couple of small towns along the way. Better to just stock up on food at Fred Meyer.

Careful driving down the mountain when they close because they occasionally have cops near the exit to catch cars speeding.

Make sure you know where you are when the lifts are closing because not all the runs lead to the parking lot. When I went we ended up on the wrong side of the mountain when the lifts were closed. Luckily we got towed back to the parking lot
skyze is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-21-2009, 11:22 PM   #7
RS controls my life!

Last minute help!! i was wondering if the highway or w.e. up to the mountain is drivable. Because me and my friends don't have a van or anything. But we were wondering if it is really necessary. Thanks!
Old 12-22-2009, 09:45 PM   #8
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra1nn View Post
Last minute help!! i was wondering if the highway or w.e. up to the mountain is drivable. Because me and my friends don't have a van or anything. But we were wondering if it is really necessary. Thanks!
Last time I went up there was a blizzard, but they cleared the roads for the morning. But you could make it up in just about anything aslong as the conditions aren't horrible.

Bring some chains though just in case the weather turns to shit on the way up or down.
nipster is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: