REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 04-22-2014, 10:15 PM   #5251
I bringith the lowerballerith

It's the park pcs-9 stand and I got it on eBay.
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
kayceeee is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-23-2014, 10:20 AM   #5252
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by distanc3 View Post

Could you guys recommend a LBS that has variety of saddles to try out?
dizzy on 4th has a good selection of specialized stuff
i think la bicicletta has the best selection of (high end) stuff. I'd say if you're going to go the $120+ saddle route you should check them out and try all the other brands too.
dat_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-23-2014, 11:10 AM   #5253
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Thanks guys, I'll look into the Romin. Being heavy I'll pass on the Toupe.

Could you guys recommend a LBS that has variety of saddles to try out?
I can recommend Obsession Bikes in North Van, but they mainly carry Specialized saddles from what I remember. James and Lou are great guys.

if you want something in Van and you're looking for Specialized saddles...check Dizzy, Bike Gallery, and la bicicletta should have a pretty wide range of models.
dton13 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-23-2014, 11:13 AM   #5254
RS controls my life!

What kind of tires are you guys running? I'm looking for a new pair...

Is anyone riding Michelin Pro4 Service Course's? I'm a total sucker for tan walls (ie Veloflexs) but something tells me I'd rather have a tire more durable for regular riding lol.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:38 AM   #5255
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts
I'm running the Pro 4 Service Course tires on all my bikes. They've been pretty durable so far.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:15 PM   #5256

I'm running service course as well. No problems so far
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 04-23-2014, 12:17 PM   #5257
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

I'm on cheapie vitoria rubino pro slicks. Fine for my fair and dry weather riding
Posted via RS Mobile
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-23-2014, 01:11 PM   #5258
RS controls my life!

Good stuff! bcrdukes and kaycee, are you running 23 or 25?

I've heard a lot of good things about the rubino 3 pro's too, definitely good bang of the buck.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:25 PM   #5259
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts
I run 23mm.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 01:29 PM   #5260
RS controls my life!

Thanks for the suggestions I will check it out. Which one has the "ass-o-meter"?

I run gp4000 sport and theyre durable and relatively light.
Just bought a set of gp4000s for new set of wheels.
distanc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 01:56 PM   #5261
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestions I will check it out. Which one has the "ass-o-meter"?

Most of them should have it. I'm not sure if this is outdated but it has some good info from specialized. Bike Test Reviews | Saddles Part 4 ? SPECIALIZED ROMIN EVO EXPERT

Each saddle had slightly different sizing convention because of differences in curvature, etc.
Old 04-23-2014, 03:21 PM   #5262
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:

Darn, I could have sold you my set of GP4000S as well...Don't think I'll be using them this season, got a lot of cheapy tires to burn through.
azncreationz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 04:20 PM   #5263
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,772 Times in 1,171 Posts
It is finally nice enough for me to ride here in Burns Lake, BC... gorgeous day outside.

I'm so out of shape and I live on top of a steep hill...
fml
roastpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 05:17 PM   #5264

Running 23mm
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 04-23-2014, 10:02 PM   #5265
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 168 Posts
Quote:

Dunbar Cycles has ass-o-meter and decent selection of specialized saddles as well.
Across from MEC on w broadway
Tony is the man to talk to there
mekaw is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-24-2014, 10:15 AM   #5266
Better safe than Surrey

Westwood cycles has an ass-o-meter at their Coquitlam location.

Riding with a good seat really makes a difference. I went from a stock semi-cushion seat that didn't fit to a rock hard saddle that does (Fizik Antares.) Before I couldn't ride without padded shorts, but now I can ride in regular clothes, less cushion and its comfier, go figure.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:20 AM   #5267
Mr.Spahkle, So BLING it hurts!

^ Dunbar cycles new location is quite nice, it's really big inside.

For tires I've mainly used Continental GP 4000S. I've gone through a few sets already over the last two seasons, but *knock on wood* I've never had a flat on the road with them! I've found staples lodged into the tire, glass chunks, big cuts from glass, etc, and the 4000s' have held up great and have been awesome in wet and dry. I always wait for Wiggle to price them less than $40/ea and I will buy a pair. I think the cheapest I've seen them go for is around $38.00 each.

I've ran 23's front and back, 23 front 25 back, and 25's front and back. 23f & 25r was a nice combo. 25 rear softened the ride for me. Maybe just placebo effect who knows.. But that was my favorite combo. Only downside was that it wouldn't clear my SKS raceblades.

I'm currently using Vitorria Rubino Pro Slicks on my cervelo. They seem a bit soft or something b/c i've only put about 400km's on them and there are a lot of cuts on them already. I dont feel confident in the wet ...
604CEFIRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 01:35 PM   #5268
RS controls my life!

awesome, thanks for the info 604!

Ya I'm choosing between the 4000S II (I can't find the I's in a 25 anymore and I think they're only producing the II's from here on out) and the Pro4 SC's. Most people rave about both, but the Pro4's just seem like a better deal at $33 vs $47 for the conti's on ribble right now. The GP4000S II's also went up a few $$ despite there being no apparent improvements, just additional colours, which aren't even offered for the 25's lol.

The only thing is the Pro4 25's run wide and I'm worried about fender clearance. I'll probably grab them for summer and maybe size down to 23s next winter.
Old 04-24-2014, 03:33 PM   #5269

For those who are interested this season, I'm going to be doing hill repeats for training each Wednesday night at Camosun St & SW Marine Drive. It's a 1 KM climb, average 5% grade. There are sections where it kicks it up a notch which is fun

I will get out there at around 615-630pm each wednesday (as long as no rain), and do 8-10 reps.

There's actually a decent amount of riders that show up there, and people of all abilities. It's not a race, you ride at your own pace.

It's fun tho b/c of the other riders it gives you a bit of motivation and people to chase lol

Bike Ride Profile | hump day hill repeats near Richmond | Times and Records | Strava

Some of you have my number, if you don't just pm me.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-24-2014, 03:50 PM   #5270
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 604CEFIRO View Post
For those who are interested this season, I'm going to be doing hill repeats for training each Wednesday night at Camosun St & SW Marine Drive. It's a 1 KM climb, average 5% grade. There are sections where it kicks it up a notch which is fun

I will get out there at around 615-630pm each wednesday (as long as no rain), and do 8-10 reps.

There's actually a decent amount of riders that show up there, and people of all abilities. It's not a race, you ride at your own pace.

It's fun tho b/c of the other riders it gives you a bit of motivation and people to chase lol

Bike Ride Profile | hump day hill repeats near Richmond | Times and Records | Strava

+1 on Camosun, me and my buddies have been doing this more lately. Awesome place to do some hill repeats, yeah that last section just kicks up a notch

Will, have you tried the hill on 33rd?
At times, we go do this route. Good way to add more leg cramps after Camosun repeats
PHATFLIP_14 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-24-2014, 07:41 PM   #5271
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 604CEFIRO View Post

I just sign up for la biciciletta Tuesday Stanley park ride but I m also interest of riding camosun, please pm your number
aalex is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-24-2014, 08:48 PM   #5272

PHATFLIP_14: if you ride on week nights around 615/630 in that area let me know and we'll head out that way, u can show me 33rd :P

aalex: Yea i think ill do the bici rides here and there. Trying to convince my gf to come with as well, she doesn't have much experience riding in a group, but theres a solid beginners womens group there, Kevin Corkums (the owner) wife has been trying to get her to come out.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:45 PM   #5273
RS controls my life!

604cefiro: sounds good man, will do.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 04-25-2014, 10:45 AM   #5274
RS controls my life!

Hill repeats sound fun, hopefully I can make it out one day. I'm lucky to live in burnaby where there are a lot of good hills. Hopefully I can start doing some group rides soon too.

Picked up my bike from the shop yesterday and decided to try Seymour for the first time ever. Haha definitely wasn't prepared for the ride down, had to stop halfway to thaw my fingers. I'll definitely be riding it more when the weather gets better. Bike Ride Profile | 32 kilometers near North Vancouver | Times and Records | Strava
Old 04-25-2014, 10:55 PM   #5275
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aalex View Post
I just sign up for la biciciletta Tuesday Stanley park ride but I m also interest of riding camosun, please pm your number
Signed up as well for the Tuesday la bici group ride. See you there.