REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 05-26-2014, 01:12 PM   #5401
Mr.Spahkle, So BLING it hurts!

Tempted to buy these ones but it's pricey.

Cycloc - Cycle storage solutions | Bike storage UK and worldwide
Advertisement
604CEFIRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 04:23 PM   #5402
RS controls my life!

Doesnt look all that cool but it should work (just spend a couple bucks and change the screws/hardware when you get it just in case)
Free Shipping New Bicycle Wall Stand/Bike Stand/Bike wall Stand/Moutain Bicycle Stand/Cycling Bicycle Wall Hanger-in Bicycle Rack from Sports & Entertainment on Aliexpress.com

Wish I have the space to hang my bike on the wall =(
distanc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:39 PM   #5403
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

What do you guys think about this ride?

$899 usd, ultegra groupset, aluminum frame with carbon forks.
Save up to 60% of new Shimano Ultegra 6800 22 Speed Road Bikes | 2012 Motobecane Super Strada Road Bikes Sale | Save up to 60% off your next new Road Bike

Looking to upgrade from the slow and heavy hybrid, as far as I can tell nothing locally can beat this.
tgill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:42 PM   #5404
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,501 Times in 4,306 Posts
Considering the Ultegra 6800 groupset retails online for around $750 - $900, this bike in itself is a VERY good deal.

Edit: I read the fine print - only the shift levers and derailleurs are Ultegra 6800. Calipers are Tektro and crank is an FSA Gossamer. Regardless, not THAT bad a deal.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 05:48 AM   #5405
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilso09 View Post
Thanks, I was looking at that set up. Do you do anything to help secure the front wheel when you put the bike up on the rack? Only thing I read is that, because the front wheel is free to move, the wall can be dirtied by the from wheel touching the wall repeatedly. Other then that issue, I haven't read anything else wrong with this.
Depending on which bike I throw up on there, I sometimes use a bungee cord from the down tube and the front wheel to keep it from moving.
azncreationz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:08 PM   #5406
Better safe than Surrey

Here's my setup for wall hanging. Purchased the rail and hooks from Lee Valley. $25-30 for everything.

I added plates where the tires touch because when putting them away wet (heh) the tires get stuck and rip the drywall.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:19 PM   #5407
RS Veteran

Nice popcorn machine! (I use the same one for roasting coffee!)

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
Old 05-27-2014, 04:26 PM   #5408
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
Considering the Ultegra 6800 groupset retails online for around $750 - $900, this bike in itself is a VERY good deal.

Edit: I read the fine print - only the shift levers and derailleurs are Ultegra 6800. Calipers are Tektro and crank is an FSA Gossamer. Regardless, not THAT bad a deal.
Considering the price would it be better to drop down to taigra/105 rather than ultegra + fsa crank?

I'm coming from a hybrid with low end acera mtb group set so regardless I'm expecting quite the improvement.
tgill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 04:39 PM   #5409
RS Veteran

Put it this way - Spend as much money as you feel comfortable with.

What's the price difference between the Tiagra/105 bike between the one you posted? And hey, nothing wrong with Acera. It's a good, quality groupset. If it hasn't failed on you, then you're fine!

Not that this should matter a whole lot, but keep in mind that Shimano 105 is moving to 11-speed. And I'm sure a lot of the folks here will agree - get fitted. Once you get your fit down, it doesn't matter which groupset you use. If you can haul ass on a hybrid, you can do just the same on a road bike.

Old 05-27-2014, 09:41 PM   #5410

Does anyone have a youtube channel or website showing full race coverage or at least the last 10 km of each stage of the Giro?

my channels have been banned / pulled (cyclingHD)
Old 05-28-2014, 06:20 AM   #5411

Quote:
Originally Posted by 604CEFIRO View Post
Does anyone have a youtube channel or website showing full race coverage or at least the last 10 km of each stage of the Giro?

my channels have been banned / pulled (cyclingHD)
I've been using steephill.tv, they have multiple links, although some streams have been removed.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-28-2014, 11:43 AM   #5412
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Can anyone recommend a super comfortable bike seat for a guy like me?.
I ride for pleasure, I dont do tricks, or offroad, just ride with family in paved or gravel, grassy parks.

My butt is hurting so much too quickly even on shorter rides with my old raleigh mountain bike (no suspension). I sat in my wife's norco ladies bike and that seat is super comfortable.

I don't want to spend too much though but I dont like the Gel seat covers they sell at canadiantires. Maybe budget about 30-40$

Please help.
Old 05-28-2014, 12:34 PM   #5413

The ass requires conditioning

That and buy some casual cycling shorts where it's not spandex but looks like a pair of board shorts or MTB shorts?
Old 05-28-2014, 05:55 PM   #5414
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilso09 View Post
Hey guys, looking to get some suggestions for bike storage indoors of an apartment. The wifey just bought a bike and I'd prefer not to keep her bike on our patio exposed to the elements.

Anyone in the same situation where they need to store multiple bikes inside an apartment? Looked online at a bunch of options, but wanted to see if anyone here has personal experience using a certain method.
I probably have the most ghetto setup of all. It came in my apartment, and is just hooks for the cheap ass white shelves. Readjusted the hooks, one for the board, one for the road bike, and the MTN bike sits on the ground.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo-4.JPG (126.5 KB, 0 views)
This post thanked by:
Old 05-28-2014, 10:16 PM   #5415

So, for the first time in my 2 seasons of road cycling, I got a flat tire!

Shitty feeling especially riding home from work on highway 17 from langley to Richmond, and the sky had dark ominous clouds lol. Had to swap tubes on the shoulder of the hwy, it was fairly wide but having million pound death machines rolling by at 100km/hr is pretty gnarly lol

For anyone looking for a solid mini pump, the Blackburn Airstik is dope. No larger than a sharpie, it got my tire up to snuff to ride 35 kms back to Richmond. . 10/10 for portability. I would guess it got me to 60-70psi (doesn't have pressure gauge) so I will give it a 7/10 for performance. 5/10 for ease to use. Once u get the tire to about 30-40psi, it gets pretty hard to pump. I was pumping for a good ten minutes to get it to a rideable state. I would guess that if you were heavier than 180-200lb, this might not be for you bc you would probably want to be able to pump to a higher psi to avoid pinch flats while limping home.

Still a great main or backup pump. Good for those who don't use saddle bags or frame mounts.

Had to turn the steed upside down no soft grass lol

Old 05-28-2014, 10:20 PM   #5416
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
y u no co2?

Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-29-2014, 05:35 AM   #5417

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabisashimi View Post
I ride for pleasure, I dont do tricks, or offroad, just ride with family in paved or gravel, grassy parks.

My butt is hurting so much too quickly even on shorter rides with my old raleigh mountain bike (no suspension). I sat in my wife's norco ladies bike and that seat is super comfortable.

I don't want to spend too much though but I dont like the Gel seat covers they sell at canadiantires. Maybe budget about 30-40$

Please help.
Swap saddles with your wifes bike.
There are way too many saddles, and they are a matter of personal preference. However, many people love their Brooks saddle (me included) once it's broken in. But you would have to increase your budget at least 3.5x.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:12 AM   #5418
RS controls my life!

On the topic of hangers, this kickstarter looks too cheap to resist.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-for-your-bike

RS group buy?
distanc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 10:52 AM   #5419

Quote:
Originally Posted by distanc3 View Post
On the topic of hangers, this kickstarter looks too cheap to resist.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-for-your-bike

RS group buy?
I think it's a blatant rip off of a broom hanger. And why is this better than a regular hook?!? Your bike's tire still has to sit on the ground so you can't sweep under it.

$6.99 from morestorage.com, we can group buy and get it for $4.99.
Old 05-29-2014, 11:53 AM   #5420

Quote:
Originally Posted by azncreationz View Post
Swap saddles with your wifes bike.
There are way too many saddles, and they are a matter of personal preference. However, many people love their Brooks saddle (me included) once it's broken in. But you would have to increase your budget at least 3.5x.
3.5x? that makes $100+ on a saddle alone. I am going to head to Westwood bike in coquitlam to see what they've got. On their webpage a new gel-type saddle cost from $30-$55ish.

If I equip my old bike (which cost like$30) with a $100 saddle, it would be the funniest thing. I would prefer to invest that money in to better parts if the bike ever breaks down.
Old 05-29-2014, 12:27 PM   #5421
RS Veteran

Good luck.

This post thanked by:
Old 05-29-2014, 03:20 PM   #5422
RS controls my life!

Quote:

Please help.
Back in the day when I rode commuted on my MTB, I had a Serfas saddle similar to this: Amazon.com : Serfas RX Men's Bicycle Saddle : Bike Saddles And Seats : Sports & Outdoors

I needed the cutout and damn was it ever comfy w/o padded shorts. It might fit the bill for you, I can't remember who sold it locally but its checking out.
dton13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 04:39 PM   #5423
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
Quote:
3.5x? that makes $100+ on a saddle alone. I am going to head to Westwood bike in coquitlam to see what they've got. On their webpage a new gel-type saddle cost from $30-$55ish.

If I equip my old bike (which cost like$30) with a $100 saddle, it would be the funniest thing. I would prefer to invest that money in to better parts if the bike ever breaks down.
A gel saddle is not going to be comfortable for over 30 minutes(But will be heaven for those first few). Best advice is to tone that ass as 604 stated. You will be comfortable for hours on the saddle you already have. Ride more

You can try adjusting the seat angle to different angles. As weird as it sounds, on my mountain bikes, I always tilted the seat back slightly, i'd ride around all day on the bloody thing without padded shorts.
Old 05-29-2014, 08:22 PM   #5424

I will looking the serfas. And Yes, I will have to "Tone " my ass because it is very stiff
Old 05-30-2014, 12:40 AM   #5425
Better safe than Surrey

I got a really comfy saddle at Sports Junkies for around $30.. Too bad that bike was stolen.