REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 07-28-2015, 04:17 PM   #6201
Mr.Spahkle, So BLING it hurts!

I had a pair of Enve's that I sold off bc they were quite deep. They were fast as fuck going up and down hills but during intense cross winds it felt twitchy (descended Porto cove at 75km/h in high winds and thought I was going to get thrown off the road). Braking in the dry was excellent but having confidence with them in extreme hot weather or descents is another issue . Braking on Alu tracks you just don't think about it.

Im in Penticton and had a chance to pick up these wheels for a descent price, wanted to try em out without paying full firecrest carbon price tag

Took them up the Naramata on climbs and some descent downhill so it's been great so far. And they look good

Advertisement
604CEFIRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 08:25 PM   #6202
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,755 Times in 3,869 Posts
new bike day earlier this week. picked it up for a very good price considering the condition. previous owner had kids, hasnt' rode it in about a year and wasn't planning to do any DH anymore.

2006 (i think) Norco A-Line. thing feels like a fucking beast. it better, with 8" front and 9" rear travel. i'll have to pick up a little dirt jumper or something for zipping around town, but i've always liked riding these in the city too so its okay. replaced the handlebar and grips with stuff i prefer. pumped up the tires, lubed and adjusted the chain/derailer. only issue is the front caliper isn't retracting, so its almost undriveable. i am used to mechanical discs, so this is a bit new for me. i took out the pads and cleaned it as per hayes manual. but the piston pushed a bit too far and it leaked some fluid.

because its hayes, its not a regular gravity or pump sort of hydraulic system (like a motorcycle or car) its a positive pressure system? which means using tools i dont have. so right now it is just riding on the rear brake. called a few shops and they are booked well over the weekend. damn, can't ride the new whip

Untitled by 320iCar, on Flickr
Old 07-30-2015, 09:08 PM   #6203
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,775 Times in 1,171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
new bike day earlier this week. picked it up for a very good price considering the condition. previous owner had kids, hasnt' rode it in about a year and wasn't planning to do any DH anymore.

2006 (i think) Norco A-Line. thing feels like a fucking beast. it better, with 8" front and 9" rear travel. i'll have to pick up a little dirt jumper or something for zipping around town, but i've always liked riding these in the city too so its okay. replaced the handlebar and grips with stuff i prefer. pumped up the tires, lubed and adjusted the chain/derailer. only issue is the front caliper isn't retracting, so its almost undriveable. i am used to mechanical discs, so this is a bit new for me. i took out the pads and cleaned it as per hayes manual. but the piston pushed a bit too far and it leaked some fluid.

because its hayes, its not a regular gravity or pump sort of hydraulic system (like a motorcycle or car) its a positive pressure system? which means using tools i dont have. so right now it is just riding on the rear brake. called a few shops and they are booked well over the weekend. damn, can't ride the new whip

Untitled by 320iCar, on Flickr
Good to see some MTB stuff on this thread, that's an awesome classic bike. I find that Hayes/Formula disc brakes are more finicky than Shimano/Avid... Shimano has the simplest maintenance IMO with less worry because of mineral oil fluid.
fml
roastpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-30-2015, 10:10 PM   #6204
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 302 Posts
Not looking to buy a new bike nor my size, but IMO it's selling for a good price. I think it's a 2011

CERVELO S2 (full carbon)
tomatogunk is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-31-2015, 01:59 PM   #6205
RS controls my life!

The chip on the top tube is deep and big enough to worry me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatogunk View Post
Not looking to buy a new bike nor my size, but IMO it's selling for a good price. I think it's a 2011

CERVELO S2 (full carbon)
distanc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 05:14 PM   #6206

Anyone a size 54? 2015 S2 with dura ace 9000, apparently brand new. $2800 not bad at all

cervelo s2 with dura ace 9000 2015 model
Old 07-31-2015, 09:09 PM   #6207
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 302 Posts
Came across this brand new Look 675 that was too good to pass up

Last edited by tomatogunk; 08-01-2015 at 09:10 AM.
tomatogunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 09:37 PM   #6208
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 09:56 PM   #6209
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

That is a sweet ride!

FYI, if any of you are riding tomorrow (Saturday), show up at Red Truck Brewery between 11am & 2pm for a free beer. Not sure if it's limited to registered Gran Fondo riders or not, but how will they know...
azncreationz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 09:38 PM   #6210
RS Veteran

FYI - azncreationz is a beast on the bike. Got dropped in seconds.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
Old 08-01-2015, 10:06 PM   #6211
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
FYI - azncreationz is a beast on the bike. Got dropped in seconds.
All lies. No video, no photo, no Strava = never happened.
Thanks for the coffee though! On me next time.
azncreationz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 03:55 PM   #6212
RS controls my life!

So clearly, I was all dazzled by components and colour of my new supersix Evo, that gear sets were something I've NEVER paid any attention to. And holy SHIT! I can't climb worth a damn with this thing. Standard crank and 11-25 cassette, and there are a lot of mountains near me.

My Feedback
TurboTalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 05:21 PM   #6213
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTalon View Post
So clearly, I was all dazzled by components and colour of my new supersix Evo, that gear sets were something I've NEVER paid any attention to. And holy SHIT! I can't climb worth a damn with this thing. Standard crank and 11-25 cassette, and there are a lot of mountains near me.
It might not be too late, but if you are struggling, give PMS a call to see if they can swap cassettes or cranks for you. I mean, you might have to compromise a few things here and there, but if a standard crankset is an absolute no-go, see if they can swap it for you.

I originally hesitated going standard crankset, but I got used to it and now compact is dead to me.

Old 08-03-2015, 05:54 PM   #6214
RS controls my life!

I could climb anything with my 34/28 (synapse) do you think a 39/28 would do?

My Feedback
TurboTalon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-03-2015, 06:30 PM   #6215
RS Veteran

Yes, I think so. You'll eventually get used to it. There are times where I wish I had an 11-28 to go with my standard crank but it's rare so it doesn't really bother me.

I was just in on Saturday. I "think" he's got an 11-28 or 12-28 cassette. Again, call him and ask or drop by the shop to see if he can help you out. I don't work for them so I can't speak on their behalf although sometimes I wished I did hahaha!

Old 08-04-2015, 10:59 AM   #6216
I subscribe to Revscene

damn you rapha sale...picked up a club jersey cus i thought it looked cute.
dat_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-04-2015, 09:21 PM   #6217

It's always nice to score a deal on Rapha goods.

I've resisted the urge to buy anything.. Just wish they had different color ways for the pro team stuff, love the fit on the PT jerseys and bibs (no loose material flapping in the wind).

If anyone's looking for a autumn / early winter jacket, the pro team jacket is my favorite piece of kit by far.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:24 PM   #6218
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

I didn't like compact, but I didn't really like the spread of an 11-28 either with std crank. I have mid compact 36-52 now, with 11spd 11-32 which I still don't like the spread on and I don't need the 32t in the back. 11-28 11spd would be perfect imo.

Having said that, I've rediscovered the love for trails since moving to the tricities and have since built up a couple slick mtbs. Unfortunately the road bike had been neglected and not ridden in close to a year
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 10:16 AM   #6219

They're finally here, China Replica Oakley Jawbreakers Brand new 2015 jawbreaker sun glasses 3pcs lenses coating sunglasses women man sport bicycle cycling glasses gafas de sol-in Sunglasses from Men's Clothing & Accessories on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

I think 2 years back I posted my review on here about the Fake Oakley Radar Locks. I used those up until a few weeks back and was very happy with the $40 I spent (I still use them, but the rubber on the arms are noticeably worn and wrinkled). I got my real Jawbreakers covered through insurance so that's why I purchased the real deal.

There are multiple sellers of the Jawbreakers, and most show "real" photos of the knock offs... The above link is just one of them.

For the price, you can't go wrong. If you're afraid of the fake lenses, u could always buy the real lens and put it in the fake frame.

I might pick up a fake pair as a throw around one...
This post thanked by:
Old 08-05-2015, 10:41 AM   #6220
I subscribe to Revscene

now that you've had experience with "genuine" lenses, how would you compare the two as far as sight quality, durability, etc etc?

edit: goddamn those colourways are hideous haha
This post thanked by:
Old 08-05-2015, 11:39 AM   #6221

It's a bit tough to compare the lenses of my genuine vs. knock off because the lenses are different models. My jawbreakers came with Prizm lenses (not polarized) which have a really nice hue to them, very clear in blazing sunlight.

Knockoff: Lenses are as good as cheapo sunglasses you would get at the mall at those stands (or at the Bay etc). Durability, good but not great? Most likely because I didn't treat the knockoffs as well as I've been treating the real deal. But having said that, the knockoff lenses are relatively scratch free even though I've dropped them lens down before. If you care for them, they will last. My knockoff radarlocks came with 4 or 5 different lenses tho...

The knockoff frame, you could tell once you held them that they were inferior. lighter plastic, the mold was good but definitely not great. I would say 80% vs. real deal.

Different sellers will offer different colorways. Search 'jawbreaker' and you'll see all the other sellers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat_steve View Post
now that you've had experience with "genuine" lenses, how would you compare the two as far as sight quality, durability, etc etc?

edit: goddamn those colourways are hideous haha
This post thanked by:
Old 08-05-2015, 12:42 PM   #6222
I subscribe to Revscene

sweet - picked up a pair of the all black and will use it as my IDGAF pair. will report back once it arrives (7-35 days apparently LOL)

Last edited by dat_steve; 08-05-2015 at 12:48 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-05-2015, 01:08 PM   #6223

Nice! Once you get them let's meet up and compare 'em :P
Old 08-06-2015, 09:38 AM   #6224

What was the damage ? And where did you find it?

Quote:

Old 08-06-2015, 09:59 AM   #6225
ZN6
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,731 Times in 649 Posts
Quote:

Holy mother of god. I think It's time for me to get a new bike. And yeah, where do you pick up Look? I don't see many dealers that carry them, even though I've seen a few Looks around.
ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote