REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 02-10-2013, 05:42 PM   #1501
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgill View Post
Finally made the switch from platforms to clipless. Dat efficiency.

Chose the A530 hybrids, Shimano RT-52 shoes and the multirelease SPD cleats; best of all the price, $115 total with freeshipping from CRC, got a serious discount which made it easy to make the jump.
School a noob, I'm looking at going clipless
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
Kilinim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:25 PM   #1502
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,505 Times in 4,309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTG-ZR2 View Post
Did 54km today. Couldn't of asked for a better day, It was gorgeous out!

Finally went to Musette Caffe.

Picked up my Red Dot cap and had a impulse buy of Levi's Commuters in Burntwood, because they were 25% off.
Hipster

Would appreciate a review of the Levi's after you break them in. The Rapha jeans are taking a while to break in but they're getting better every time I ride.

Edit: Where did you ride?

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank

Last edited by bcrdukes; 02-10-2013 at 06:42 PM.
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:18 PM   #1503
Better safe than Surrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
Hipster

Would appreciate a review of the Levi's after you break them in. The Rapha jeans are taking a while to break in but they're getting better every time I ride.

Edit: Where did you ride?
They are nice and strechy, shouldn't need too much of a break in period.

Rode from Burquitlam to Musette via Central Valley Greenway. Had some off-roading at Burnaby Lake, felt like a pro Cyclocross racer.

Went over Burrard Bridge on the route home.

Old 02-10-2013, 08:50 PM   #1504
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Hi OTG,

How much did the Levi's end up costing you?
StaceyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:05 AM   #1505
Better safe than Surrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaceyQ View Post
Hi OTG,

How much did the Levi's end up costing you?
73.50 + tax
Old 02-12-2013, 03:12 PM   #1506
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy89 View Post
K planning to get the bike this month, now looking for cleats + pedal setup. Any tips/recommendations or places to go?

+ outfit wise. is getting long tights and a jacket still a good choice for this time of year?
What kind of bike? Mountain? Road? Hybrid? If it's your first time riding clipless, then I would suggest just go to MEC (because you can return it if you don't like it), and also to try on different shoes so you know what size you. Then, you can order online like everyone else here.
Yes, outfit of long tights and jacket is a very wise choice still!! Otherwise, you can go shorts with leg warmers, and remove the warmers to tuck into your jersey pocket if you get too hot. Same with jacket, you can get all sorts of jackets/jerseys. Or even a jacket with removable sleeves.
Happy shopping!
azncreationz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:38 PM   #1507
RS Veteran

I'm still riding with:

1. Jacket (Casetlli)
2. Jersey (either long or short sleeve)
3. Arm and leg warmers
4. Bib shorts
5. Gloves and cap
6. Base layer

I don't think I could ride without my arm and leg warmers right now. It's just too cold.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
Old 02-12-2013, 08:34 PM   #1508
Mr.Spahkle, So BLING it hurts!

^ same. I don't see myself riding in < 10 degree weather without leg warmers or at least knee warmers.

If any "new" guys looking into getting some inexpensive but high quality bib shorts / or cycling shorts, I would recommend FUNKIER brand from CRC : funkier | Buy Now at ChainReactionCycles.com

I have a pair of the 10 panel active shorts that I bought last September. I wear them 5 days a week commuting to work. I put them through hell and back, and treat them like shit. They still feel brand new. I bought them on sale for < $40, but they're still only about $42 bucks right now. True to size.

But if I had any advice to give, I would go and buy BIB SHORTS off the bat.
604CEFIRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:25 PM   #1509
RS Veteran

Same on the bib shorts. Get a cheap pair to start with and then figure out what you want later on with a nicer pair i.e. better chamois etc. I think Alphamale is using a pair of Castelli bib shorts? That fucker got lucky and scored em for < $50 @ MEC.

Edit: My Rudy Projects are coming in soon! So excite!

Old 02-13-2013, 07:39 AM   #1510
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
thanks 604cefiro, those Funkier shorts look like a good buy. I am a size 32 waist, is this considered a medium or large in the cycling apparel category?

I have been a long time city bike/fixed gear rider. Really excited to take part in the road cycling world now that I have a bit more disposible income. Hopefully I can attend these RS group rides in the near future.
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:21 PM   #1511
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 604CEFIRO View Post
^ same. I don't see myself riding in < 10 degree weather without leg warmers or at least knee warmers.

If any "new" guys looking into getting some inexpensive but high quality bib shorts / or cycling shorts, I would recommend FUNKIER brand from CRC : funkier | Buy Now at ChainReactionCycles.com

I have a pair of the 10 panel active shorts that I bought last September. I wear them 5 days a week commuting to work. I put them through hell and back, and treat them like shit. They still feel brand new. I bought them on sale for < $40, but they're still only about $42 bucks right now. True to size.

But if I had any advice to give, I would go and buy BIB SHORTS off the bat.
i am in the market for some bib shorts or knickers as well.
sorry, this might seem like a dumb question. i know you said they are shorts. are the length close to a 3/4? what brand can you recommend for 3/4 bibs? without being too heavy in the wallet.
PHATFLIP_14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:38 PM   #1512

Different brands have different sizing...

When i bought them, i ordered a size Medium, thinking it would be a size M North America/USA. I'm 5 foot 8, 150-155lbs. Waist size around 30/31.

When my Funkier shorts arrived, i looked on the inside back and it said the following:

SIZE 40
UK 32
USA 30
EUR M

I haven't really found any info on sizing online, but the shorts fit me perfectly. They're spandex/lycra, so it's pretty forgiving.

If you're a size 32 North American, i would probably order a size Large on their site...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy89 View Post
thanks 604cefiro, those Funkier shorts look like a good buy. I am a size 32 waist, is this considered a medium or large in the cycling apparel category?
Old 02-13-2013, 05:45 PM   #1513

If it's your first pair of bibs, I would probably buy a pair of bib shorts instead of 3/4 bibs.

You can always add knee warmers to bib shorts to make them into 3/4 bibs. Or add leg warmers and turn them into full length bib tights.

If you bought 3/4 bibs, you'll only be able to wear them in cold weather... when summer comes you wont be pulling those out again till probably october.

If you're inclined to get 3/4 bibs, then maybe check out Funkier, or Endura

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHATFLIP_14 View Post
i am in the market for some bib shorts or knickers as well.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-15-2013, 02:34 PM   #1514
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Anyone happen to be a size Euro 70 (US 7.0 - 7.5) shoe? I've got a brand new pair of TIME MXE mountain bike shoes to get rid of...(Among lots of other parts) PM me!

time to go ride!
azncreationz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:23 PM   #1515
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Everyone seems to like bib shorts so I'd like to give them a try. One (serious) question though...how do you pee when wearing them?
Old 02-15-2013, 10:56 PM   #1516

you forward bend awkwardly, pull the front of the bibs low, and pull ur junk out and try to not piss on the wall

and if you didn't already know, u don't wear underwear underneath any type of cycling shorts. they are you one and only layer.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-16-2013, 02:00 AM   #1517
Better safe than Surrey

I'm in the market for a cyclocross bicycle. I've narrowed my choices down to 3. Redline Conquest Disk, Felt F65X, Norco Threshold A1.

Specifically the bicycles I'm looking at are:

REDLINE BICYCLES › CYCLOCROSS › 2013 CONQUEST DISC

F65X - Felt Bicycles

Threshold Alloy « Cyclocross « Road « Bikes « Norco Bicycles

I bet you can sense a pattern
Old 02-16-2013, 02:31 AM   #1518
RS Veteran

Once you go black, you can't go back.

Old 02-16-2013, 05:43 AM   #1519
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,377 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
Get a cheap pair to start with and then figure out what you want later on with a nicer pair i.e. better chamois etc. I think Alphamale is using a pair of Castelli bib shorts? That fucker got lucky and scored em for < $50 @ MEC.

Edit: My Rudy Projects are coming in soon! So excite!
Hah, I wish they were <50. They were $65, in white which isn't the optimal colour but IDGAF. DAT KISS CHAMOIS..... Marked down over $100, it was a no-brainer.

I also concur on the bibs, get them, they feel fucking awesome. That being said I always wear some drifit underwear under mine, I find it just feel weird otherwise, hah. Also, with the colour white...you can't hide the size of your junk .

Rudy Projects huh?

I raise you with these babies I bought for this season. (Team) Sky Blue Fast Jackets with Photochromic Black Iridium/Clear lens as well as a pair of Positive Red to go with it. I'm ecstatic to use them on my next ride. I wish I had some Team Sky jerseys or bibs to wear with my new shades.

(Oakley Radar's in the white/red combo)

Anyone wear black jerseys during the summer time? It seems like a terrible idea considering black retains heat (but a lot of Sky stuff is black this year).

Oh yeah, anyone want to go for a long ride this Sunday provided the weather stays dry? Gonna be heading out from East Van (Kilarney) all the way to UBC then probably a few laps around Stanley Park (if it's dry enough, no wet foliage on the floor), hit up Mussette Cafe and hardpark and then maybe go home or head else where.

It's gonna be a relatively chill ride since most of us are just getting back into riding for this up coming season. That being said, if you bring the heat, I'll be in the kitchen with you (or try to).

LET ME KNOW BROS.
Invisible sky daddies commanding people to do shit is just so beyond retarded, I feel like punching myself in the balls until I shit my computer chair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopstick View Post
4 years ago, I pulled up to burger king, and asked to get a teen burger. I realized after the 3rd time i said it, I was in the wrong fucking place.

(>___<)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_High
[19-10, 22:51] how many post do I need before I can fail TOS'D posts.

Last edited by Alphamale; 02-16-2013 at 06:14 AM.
Alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:43 AM   #1520

What time are you thinking?

My gf's coming back from HK this afternoon after 4 weeks away... Gotta see if she will "allow" me to go out tomorrow haha.

If I get the green light I'd be down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale View Post
Oh yeah, anyone want to go for a long ride this Sunday provided the weather stays dry? Gonna be heading out from East Van (Kilarney) all the way to UBC then probably a few laps around Stanley Park (if it's dry enough, no wet foliage on the floor), hit up Mussette Cafe and hardpark and then maybe go home or head else where.

It's gonna be a relatively chill ride since most of us are just getting back into riding for this up coming season. That being said, if you bring the heat, I'll be in the kitchen with you (or try to).

LET ME KNOW BROS.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:55 PM   #1521
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale View Post
It's gonna be a relatively chill ride

Old 02-16-2013, 03:15 PM   #1522

Alphamale, u have pm.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:20 PM   #1523
Better safe than Surrey

What time you figure you'll be at Mussette?
Old 02-16-2013, 03:27 PM   #1524
RS Veteran

Somewhere around 1:30-2pm? SMS me. I'll be out on that ride trying to catch up like a chump.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:25 PM   #1525
I subscribe to Revscene

i'm heading out tomorrow morning with some friends for my first go of the season woohooo
bike is still grimy from the last. cogs and cables are on their last inches of life so hopefully my bike doesn't fall apart on me mid-ride.

probably going to be a quick stanley park/ubc run so maybe i'll keep an eye out for your bikes
dat_steve is offline   Reply With Quote