REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 07-31-2013, 01:52 PM   #4226
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry604 View Post
I have a question for those who have done a bike fitting. Where did you go and how was your experience? I'm currently looking around at different places and everyshop seems to do a "bike fit". Are they all similar in terms of quality of fit?
I vouch for John at PMS. He's done my bike fit and I've been impressed with his level of service. John goes above and beyond for his customers, you will be surprised at the level of service he provides.
Advertisement
Wormiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:04 PM   #4227
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormiez View Post
I vouch for John at PMS. He's done my bike fit and I've been impressed with his level of service. John goes above and beyond for his customers, you will be surprised at the level of service he provides.
x2. John at PMS is an easy guy to talk to, provides excellent service and goes beyond this. Mention that Mike (bcrdukes) sent you .
PHATFLIP_14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:27 PM   #4228
Fabulous Rugby Quad Sports Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by azncreationz View Post
Craigslist/Kijiji/Police auctions/me!

What are you looking for? Road, Mountain, Hybrid, Cruiser? Size?
I probably want to go road as I want to go for longer distance rides and be able to move quickly compared to the crappy bikes I've had before. My body type is larger than average though, so it has to hold around 250 pounds haha. Thanks for the help in advance!
RacingMetro92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:28 PM   #4229

I may be the only one dissatisfied with the fitting by John at PMS.
Posted via RS Mobile
Kilinim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:33 PM   #4230
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts
What happened?

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:55 PM   #4231
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilinim View Post
I may be the only one dissatisfied with the fitting by John at PMS.
Posted via RS Mobile
disagree with the internet peloton?

maybe you didn't drop Mike's name enough. Everytime I walk in this is my schpeel:

"Hey is John, Mike's friend, here? I'm Steve, Mike's riding buddy. Mike told me that John did great work for Mike last time. Mike Mike Mike"
dat_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-31-2013, 03:03 PM   #4232
RS Veteran

das how we roll

FYI - I have no affiliation with PMS. I'm just a regular/repeat customer.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
Old 07-31-2013, 05:09 PM   #4233
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
When ordering the Ali jerseys, how did you find the Sizing? I see you can't do separate sizes for the bibs and jersey?
Posted via RS Mobile
hud 91gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:23 PM   #4234
Mr.Spahkle, So BLING it hurts!

You'll either have to chat with the supplier live, message them the request, order select a size and mention in the note to the supplier that you want split sizing

Almost all the suppliers will allow mix sizing. You just have to clarify that with them
Posted via RS Mobile
604CEFIRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:59 PM   #4235
RS Veteran

^
Ditto.

I had to order 2 sets of the XXL Rapha Condor-Sharp kits but requested through chat and through messaging that I want one XL jersey and one XXL jersey. Becareful and ensure they understand the request because they nearly screwed up my order. I'm pretty sure they're using Bablefish or Google Translate LOL!

Old 07-31-2013, 06:46 PM   #4236
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,774 Times in 1,171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by henry604 View Post
I have a question for those who have done a bike fitting. Where did you go and how was your experience? I'm currently looking around at different places and everyshop seems to do a "bike fit". Are they all similar in terms of quality of fit?
I had a bike fit at Dizzy Cycles and it was great. John at PMS is also highly recommended.
fml
roastpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:13 PM   #4237
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dton13 View Post
I've already made a decision on the stand. Just posting up detailed information for more critical buyers who don't just look at the # of reviews

Edit: Mixed reviews didn't originate from Amazon if that's what you were thinking
sorry bout coming off as a little snooty earlier

was having a bad day at work lol
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:36 PM   #4238
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 168 Posts
for anyone interested.
finally caught the thief who stole intense carbine 275 from my work.
one of the victims from the past gave us his number and we came across his ad on craigslist selling a car.
mekaw is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-31-2013, 07:42 PM   #4239
RS controls my life!

^ Serves him right!
Posted via RS Mobile
distanc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:59 PM   #4240
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekaw View Post
for anyone interested.
finally caught the thief who stole intense carbine 275 from my work.
one of the victims from the past gave us his number and we came across his ad on craigslist selling a car.
I hope you guys got the bike back.

Serves him right. Glad he got busted. I truly do wish that the justice system really punishes him.

Old 07-31-2013, 08:10 PM   #4241
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormiez View Post
Is anyone running a rear mount bottle cage? Any reviews on them?
I was running a Profile Designs Aquarack behind my saddle for longer rides.
Pros: Can carry more hydration on the bike. It's out of the way, but still within easy reach. Can also get the one that you can screw up to 4 co2 cartridges.
Cons: If you forget it's there and you have tall bottles, you may end up kicking it when you dismount your bike. It's heavy. Can't fit saddle bag underneath. But you can use one of your bottles to hold your spare tube/tools/etc, unless you really need all those fluids and won't come across water on your ride.

Your alternative is the X-Labs wing, I haven't had a chance to test that one out, but some of my training buddies use it, and seem fine with it. Same pros and cons, but seems lighter (made of carbon fibre), and you can get the x-labs saddle bag which fits underneath.

Last edited by azncreationz; 07-31-2013 at 08:16 PM.
azncreationz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:20 PM   #4242

Heads up if anybody needs a new 11-28t cassette. There is a seller on eBay right now, selling new Shimano Ultegra 6700 11-28t cassettes for $60, including a new Shimano HG chain! This cassette alone is selling for $120 at MEC. Couldn't resist and picked up a set for myself. Now the Fondo will be a bit easier.

edit: Don't tell me it's not Dura-Ace. I know. The weight savings is only 30g, while the Ultegra will last twice as long.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:56 PM   #4243
I subscribe to Revscene

I could be crazy but I think I heard somewhere that da cassette, while lighter, are less durable (ironic name) as they are made of another material
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 07-31-2013, 09:01 PM   #4244

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
What happened?
John seemed really rushed. This was during the last few days of his move and I didn't feel like he really gave it his all. He offered to change a few pieces on the bike and I agreed. He said he'd have it done in about 4 hours and call me so I could pick it up. I'm not from the area but I was pumped to get my bike back the same day so I killed some time waiting. Long story short, he didn't call. I was running late for work by this point so I walked in and my bike was all done and leaning against the counter. John had left the shop and only an employee was present. I was pissed John wasn't even around to fine tune and make any adjustments. I won't be going back for sure.
Posted via RS Mobile
Kilinim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:02 PM   #4245
RS Veteran

I think it's a different alloy they use hence the weight savings and sacrifice in durability. The same goes for SRAM RED, especially the front derailleur. But what do I know? I use low end groupsets.

Old 07-31-2013, 09:04 PM   #4246
RS Veteran

Quote:
John seemed really rushed. This was during the last few days of his move and I didn't feel like he really gave it his all. He offered to change a few pieces on the bike and I agreed. He said he'd have it done in about 4 hours and call me so I could pick it up. I'm not from the area but I was pumped to get my bike back the same day so I killed some time waiting. Long story short, he didn't call. I was running late for work by this point so I walked in and my bike was all done and leaning against the counter. John had left the shop and only an employee was present. I was pissed John wasn't even around to fine tune and make any adjustments. I won't be going back for sure.
Posted via RS Mobile
That's too bad. I know you said you won't be going back but I'm more than certain that if you gave him a call to perform a follow up and explain how you felt, he'd make it up to you. He hasn't wronged any of us and you seemed to have gotten the short end of the stick and yeah, during his move, he was pretty rushed and things were pretty hectic (my bike build took longer than expected so I know how you feel.)

Nonetheless, I know you live pretty far away and I understand he didn't meet your expectations. You should definitely give him a call or send him an e-mail to give him the opportunity to make things right. Good luck!

Old 07-31-2013, 09:06 PM   #4247

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat_steve View Post
I could be crazy but I think I heard somewhere that da cassette, while lighter, are less durable (ironic name) as they are made of another material
Posted via RS Mobile
No, you are correct. I believe the DA uses titanium cogs while the Ultegra uses steel.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:49 PM   #4248
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekaw View Post
for anyone interested
awesome!! story sounds pretty cool. wish there was a play by play breakdown of the sting

Quote:
John seemed really rushed.
yikes - sucks to hear. not to sound like an echo but i agree with Mike. I have a buddy that was unsatisfied with his tune (something to do with the cables) and he called in and got it fixed the next day and had his cables replaced for free. just goes to show that he does put in effort to retain customers. hope it works out for you dude
This post thanked by:
Old 07-31-2013, 09:53 PM   #4249
RS Veteran

For what it's worth, I dropped my CAAD10 off yesterday, was told it would be ready Thursday but got it back today.

Brake cable housing was too short and the cable frayed. He had both replaced - free.

Old 07-31-2013, 10:49 PM   #4250
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat_steve View Post
Posted via RS Mobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by azncreationz View Post
No, you are correct. I believe the DA uses titanium cogs while the Ultegra uses steel.
i heard da cassette is not as durable as ultegra and people usually sell it after certain mileage.

"Ti is a weaker material than steel in the context of gear wear. That's why only the larger cogs are Ti on the DA. Smaller cogs are steel because they wear faster than large cogs due to high pressure on only a few teeth compared to larger cogs. This gives the DA lighter weight but less durability."
tipy is offline   Reply With Quote