REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 01-10-2015, 10:07 AM   #5826
RS controls my life!

Is anyone interested in a set of Michelin Pro 4 Endurance in 23's Black?

I have an extra sets. $60 for the pair.

edit: 25's are taken
Advertisement

Last edited by dton13; 01-12-2015 at 08:07 PM.
dton13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 05:38 PM   #5827
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,440 Times in 4,281 Posts
Anybody keeping up with the pro teams? Looks like some interesting switch ups in the teams this year.

Peter Sagan went back to Specialized/Tinkoff-Saxo Bank and Cannondale is now the sponsor for the old Garmin-Slipstream pro team previously using Cervelo. *Edited for stupidity.*

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank

Last edited by bcrdukes; 01-11-2015 at 10:59 PM.
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 10:53 PM   #5828
RS controls my life!

Definitely looking to be an interesting year.

Excited to see Sagan on tinkoff, they look to have a pretty good team this year.

Wiggo aiming for Paris Roubaix as his final road race will be interesting too

I thought Ryder was with Garmin-Sharp last year?
Old 01-11-2015, 10:59 PM   #5829
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,440 Times in 4,281 Posts
Fuck me.

I got them mixed up. I got it all wrong.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 01:36 PM   #5830
RS controls my life!

hahah, mixing up the Canadians.

On another note, does anyone have an old 27.2 seatpost lying around they want to get rid of? I'm not sure if anyone has ever had to deal with a stuck alloy seatpost in a steel frame but holy fuck was that ever an ordeal getting it out. Guy probably hadn't moved the post since he got it. Blowtorch + ice + seatpost in table vice didn't work and I had to chop it into three pieces to get it out.
Old 01-12-2015, 03:26 PM   #5831
I bringith the lowerballerith

The new tinkoff specialized bikes looks sick... Cept for those ugly ass fsa chainrings

Seems like both then and cannondale garmin moving from sram to shimano. Excited to see Sagan and contador

2005 G35 Coupe - sold
kayceeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 08:04 PM   #5832
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,276 Times in 308 Posts
Stolen: Argon 18 Radon

Bike stolen in Richmond from my storage locker.

2009-2010 Argon 18 Radon 54cm
Old pic

This is bcrdukes' old bike.
Parts on bike:
Shimano Ultegra 6800 wheelset
Shimano 105 brakes
Michelin Pro4 tires
SRAM Rival shifters
SRAM Force rear and front derailleurs
Prologo seat

They cut the lock into my storage locker, cut the cheap wire lock I had on the bike.
I had a red Abus U-mini 40 lock on it as well, locking the seat tube and rear wheel.
No trace of my Abus lock so it's probably still locked on the bike. I guess they'll strip it for parts.

Last edited by IMASA; 01-12-2015 at 10:38 PM.
IMASA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 09:32 PM   #5833
Mr.Spahkle, So BLING it hurts!

That sucks. What area of richmond?

my area around steveston / end of 2 road, has been hit with thieves... but i guess any easy to break into underground can be a target.

Last edited by 604CEFIRO; 01-12-2015 at 09:41 PM.
604CEFIRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 10:07 PM   #5834

Club ride on saturday, doing staged pursuit of a group ahead along River Road. but the gap was too big, never caught up to them...

Old 01-12-2015, 10:35 PM   #5835
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,276 Times in 308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 604CEFIRO View Post
That sucks. What area of richmond?

my area around steveston / end of 2 road, has been hit with thieves... but i guess any easy to break into underground can be a target.
You must live around my area. I live on the end of no 2 road and London.
IMASA is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-13-2015, 11:44 AM   #5836

My friends car just got broken into the other day in the building that you live in (I can recognize the balcony/siding material in your photo). And this was in the locked underground. He also keeps his bikes locked up down in the garage, but his bikes aren't the greatest, and he's got like 2 or 3 different heavy ass chains w/ locks.

My general rule of thumb with underground storage is if you don't wanna lose it, don't keep it down there lol. It's just way to quiet down there.. very easy to steal stuff

That's why I have 4 bikes inside my apartment. I only lock my gf and i's fixed gear bikes down in the garage on the bike racks.

I live in the Nautica building myself.

Got new shoes today ...

This post thanked by:
Old 01-13-2015, 08:50 PM   #5837
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dton13 View Post
hahah, mixing up the Canadians.

On another note, does anyone have an old 27.2 seatpost lying around they want to get rid of? I'm not sure if anyone has ever had to deal with a stuck alloy seatpost in a steel frame but holy fuck was that ever an ordeal getting it out. Guy probably hadn't moved the post since he got it. Blowtorch + ice + seatpost in table vice didn't work and I had to chop it into three pieces to get it out.
Ouch, I feel your pain, as I had to do that to one of my bikes before, definitely not fun! I took a sawzall to my seatpost.
I think I might have a 27.2 post around, but it's a brand new Race Face one. If you're looking for any cheapo post, there's a cheap one on pinkbike.
Ritchey pro 27.2 x 350mm For Sale
azncreationz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-13-2015, 09:44 PM   #5838
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by azncreationz View Post
Ouch, I feel your pain, as I had to do that to one of my bikes before, definitely not fun! I took a sawzall to my seatpost.
I think I might have a 27.2 post around, but it's a brand new Race Face one. If you're looking for any cheapo post, there's a cheap one on pinkbike.
Ritchey pro 27.2 x 350mm For Sale
Thanks! I saw that but it was from July...I've seen a couple but I was too late to snatch it up. I'll just msg him anyways.

This bike is beginning to be a bigger headache and money pit than I intended lol (partially because I'm impatient and can't wait for good deals). Now I just have to deal with the old BB7's on it that are seized on one side .
Old 01-14-2015, 10:02 AM   #5839
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

What brand fenders you guys got on your road bikes?
Wormiez is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-14-2015, 10:48 AM   #5840

Wormiez: On my winter bike (focus cross bike) I use SKS Bluemels Matt. Allows me clearance enough for a 32c cross tire, but i run 25c.

On my cervelo I just have an AssSaver fender.

Pro Tip: If you ride solo and all you want to do is keep your own ass dry, then any fender will do you fine. But, if you ride with a group, and your club requires you to have a fender with mudflap extensions, then consider purchasing fenders that have a more sturdy and more permanent mounts than just rubber band straps, which will then allow you to add a mudflap without the fender stays shaking around... This is what you will need to attach to the bottom of the fender: Rainy Day Biking Plain Jane Reflective Mud Flaps (Set) - Mountain Equipment Co-op. Free Shipping Available

It'll cover all the roadspray from kicking up into your fellow riders face and clothes.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-15-2015, 01:52 PM   #5841
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormiez View Post
What brand fenders you guys got on your road bikes?
I use SKS longboards, but only cause I have fender eyelets and the front long coverage is great. With normal fenders its not low enough therefore the front tire usually throws tons of gunk into your bottom bracket area. I rinse my bike after every wet ride but I think it goes a long way to the longevity of your bb. I've had to switch my bb already cause of creaking, can't totally attribute it to that but that's my 2cents.

I've also used planet bike fenders from MEC and had a bike come with evo fenders before. The only difference I've seen is the level of coverage (usually cheaper means less coverage) and the quality of hardware and plastics. The PB fenders definitely looked like cheaper more brittle plastic that made a lot more rattling noises when chips were thrown up into it. The stays were also much thinner and flexier. At the end of the day they all work, but the SKS fenders are just higher quality.

Ribble has the best prices for SKS fenders if you're looking to buy online.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-15-2015, 02:23 PM   #5842
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Club ride on saturday, doing staged pursuit of a group ahead along River Road. but the gap was too big, never caught up to them...

http://youtu.be/B8WP7BKbuj0
Dude. Awesome pace. Tailwind or Headwind? If Headwind, damn you guys are pretty fast.
mc.jolaika is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-15-2015, 03:30 PM   #5843

Thanks meng, you are fast too brah :P

When we started the chase we were kind of pacing ourselves, and as we got past half way down RR, we up'd the pace to around 40km/h... But then 2 of our riders couldn't hold the pace and started to rotate off the back, and then a 3rd... thats why the paceline goes to shit at the end haha.

Can't recall if it was all headwind, but it always seems like a headwind on RR lol.

You gotta come out and ride with us again
Old 01-15-2015, 05:19 PM   #5844
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Thanks meng, you are fast too brah :P

When we started the chase we were kind of pacing ourselves, and as we got past half way down RR, we up'd the pace to around 40km/h... But then 2 of our riders couldn't hold the pace and started to rotate off the back, and then a 3rd... thats why the paceline goes to shit at the end haha.

Can't recall if it was all headwind, but it always seems like a headwind on RR lol.

You gotta come out and ride with us again
Thats one of my problem with RiverRoad. Once the trees are gone and close to that railway overhead, when i get to the front i back off pretty fast and get cover then try sprint it at the very end. hahaha. sometimes works and sometimes it doesnt.

Yah i'd like to ride again with big groups but i might just get dropped with my winter bike. haha. For now i'll stay indoors and bike to work to keep the legs spinning until my Sat and Sundays are free again.

oh btw. that virb program just doesnt work on my computer. hahaha. won't playback any of my gopro videos. i'll keep trying. i might be doing something wrong.
mc.jolaika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 06:05 PM   #5845
RS controls my life!

Helping a friend sell his brand new 2014 54cm (Medium) Cinelli Zydeco Cyclocross frameset
Its still brand new in box, direction changed and he's minimizing his herd.

He spent $1200 including tax and shipping. He is looking for $950obo
It comes with all the hardware: matching seat, extra drop out and manuals and paperwork.

more info: Cinelli Bicycles USA
distanc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2015, 12:12 AM   #5846

2 man TT drills yesterday at iona. Then at the end of the ride someone decided to follow a trail and we ended up... in an interesting spot LOL.

This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2015, 02:49 PM   #5847
RS controls my life!

Quote:
2 man TT drills yesterday at iona. Then at the end of the ride someone decided to follow a trail and we ended up... in an interesting spot LOL.

Escape Velocity - UBC Hill Sprint / Iona 2man TT / Off Roading - YouTube
Nice man! Priceless look on 4:27. LOL. Where did this lead you guys after taking this off road way?
PHATFLIP_14 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2015, 03:10 PM   #5848
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
what are you guys using for speed and cadence?

I am having trouble getting a solid connection on my speed with the Garmin GSC10. I think is caused by the flat blade spokes causing the magnet to give poor signal...

looking to see if i can get this fixed.
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 03:55 PM   #5849

We ended up right next to (west side) of the canada line pedestrian bridge. Back parking lot of some shipping company or something lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHATFLIP_14 View Post
Nice man! Priceless look on 4:27. LOL. Where did this lead you guys after taking this off road way?
Old 01-18-2015, 03:56 PM   #5850

Post a picture of your sensor and magnet when it's lined up. It could be that it's too far apart. Mine is within 3-4mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcedhk View Post
what are you guys using for speed and cadence?

I am having trouble getting a solid connection on my speed with the Garmin GSC10. I think is caused by the flat blade spokes causing the magnet to give poor signal...

looking to see if i can get this fixed.