REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Okanagan Automotive Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/okanagan-automotive-chat_153/)
-   -   Alignment places in Kamloops (https://www.revscene.net/forums/598830-alignment-places-kamloops.html)

belka 12-06-2009 02:31 PM

Alignment places in Kamloops

I'll be doing my suspension swap while in kamloops and I need a good place that knows what they are doing.

saucywoman 12-15-2009 07:20 PM

I say either fountain tire or kal tire. Fountain tire cost about $99 plus tax plus they also offer airmiles if you are a collector

jeffh 12-15-2009 09:06 PM

lol, suspension swap at kal tire?
is enhanced still in buisness?

belka 12-16-2009 03:01 PM

I don't really care about price, just a place that will give me what I want for settings. I think I'll give autopro a try in Valleyview.

Slo40 12-16-2009 05:57 PM

Enhanced is still very in business, just got out of the useless ricer performance end of things.

bentforks 12-18-2009 09:31 PM

hey!
yes we're alive, and doing well.
avoid both of the above..(sorry Ricki)
If you want it done right and actually have an idea of what you want done, Mark @ Alignment shop or the dude @ RivercityNissan..
I have had ZERO complaints from Mark guys work..
If you do goto Kaltire, the one downtown if you can talk to Ken( the ol fart) before you start and tell him what you have, and what you want..

More importantly, Know what you want.. you go in and ask for a alignment at most shops they will set it til they see GREEN, then move on.. not neccessarily setting your truck/car up properly.

Good luck, and above all.. BEFORE and AFTER print outs. Tell them before the start of the job that you want these print outs.

Have fun
Al!
ps... shaun, your funny, that part of the business is dead and has been in the interior for quiet some time.. just us core guys left..
2010 is gonna be SICK dude.. all of us have cars and are done...Cali trip maybe.. or mini Whistler trip..15+ cars.. 150 to 600 HP cars.. gonna be fun.. hope to see ya there.

RRxtar 12-18-2009 09:55 PM

founntain tire and kal tire are full of fucking idiots.

i called fountain tire 2 winters ago looking for a quote to do couple control arm bushings and the guy on the phone passed the phone to a mechanic who said "you dont have control arms, that thing has solid axles! you best just bring it in and we can tell you what you need" so i hung up laughing

jeffh 12-19-2009 08:19 AM

^ lawls kal tire "mechanic"

belka 01-02-2010 03:38 PM

I ended up going to the Alignment shop/ AutoPro in Valleyview. I had an apprentice do it the first time and while I got the toe and camber specs I wanted, car pulled to the right with the wheel centered. I came back and had Mark re-align it. Car handles very well now even with the winter tires. Can't wait to put on the summers and head out to the Autocross track.

zumvette 01-10-2010 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bentforks (Post 6734677)
hey!

Have fun
Al!
ps... shaun, your funny, that part of the business is dead and has been in the interior for quiet some time.. just us core guys left..
2010 is gonna be SICK dude.. all of us have cars and are done...Cali trip maybe.. or mini Whistler trip..15+ cars.. 150 to 600 HP cars.. gonna be fun.. hope to see ya there.

Not in the ricer end of the car game but would love to join in on a cruise to cali if the diesel is allowed, maybe ill have a car by this trip. PM me if you guys head on a cruise like this, plz!