REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 12-13-2009, 05:27 PM   #1
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
[Confidential] Is she making me choose?

The following is an Anonymous submission from a Revscene member. If the OP would like to respond to anything said in this thread, please PM me.

My gf of soon to be 11 months and i have been arguing about how I put her second. When ever I want to hang out with my family, she gets mad at me. She ends up saying "you always put me second." I just wanna hang out with my family. Like family does come first?

What I'm wondering is that is she making me choose between her and my family?

She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 05:30 PM   #2
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Why don't you invite her to hang out with you and your family?
You can kill two birds with one stone there.
beetea is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-13-2009, 05:42 PM   #3
Director of RS Cares

i personally think she stepped out of line to be honest. you guys have been dating for less than a year and to say you put her 2nd next to your family (who has been there since the beginning of time) is ridiculous. the worst part is she gives you crap about it! i sure would hope so you put your gf one notch under them.

people can say "oh well family isn't going to grow old with you" or whatever, but lets face it...if my partner was to make me feel like i'm doing wrong by hanging out with my family....well ef it.

i say you talk to her about it because obviously this seems to bother you. a relationship needs time outs to be friends, family, yourself....you can't possibly spend every living second of your life with her.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:53 PM   #4
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

If family does come first for you, as it should, tell her that, and let her know it's not about choosing one or the other. She should understand, if not, maybe not the girl for you who is family oriented?

Or,

Pick a day to "hang out" with your family and when she throws out the "you put me second" tell her you are canceling your plans with the family and hang out with her. She'll feel all special and shit.
MR_BIGGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 05:53 PM   #5
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
the girl probably has a bad relationship with her family

anyways for me its always family first, even a wife can leave your ass, family will always be there
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 06:12 PM   #6
My homepage has been set to RS

Family First.

Blame it on Tiger Woods. He fucked it up for every guy.

MY FEEDBACK
jimzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 06:33 PM   #7
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nammerboi3 View Post
Why don't you invite her to hang out with you and your family?
You can kill two birds with one stone there.
hotjoint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 07:44 PM   #8
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
You've been doing the right thing OP. Family always comes first.

Like everyone else said, try inviting her to your family gatherings. If it's one of those things that it's strictly family, then you really can't do anything, but you can't say you didn't try either.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 08:00 PM   #9
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Family first. If she isn't seeing that, chances are she is going to be a shitty parent. Drop her like shes hot, but in this case cold...and ugly.
TOS'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 08:08 PM   #10
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

For me family comes first and everything else is classified secondary. Imo the girl is being a little selfish, she has to understand that in order to have a healthy long lasting relationship both sides must be happy and being human beings sometimes we become selfish. She should be more considerate to your situation, if it means a lot to you, she doesn't have to like it, but to be a good partner she must understand. From the outside looking in, if you're hanging out with your family cool, what is it that makes her feel second in your life? Is it the fact she asks you to hang out and you say you got a family thing? Or is it that its something she feels based on her own conclusions (ie other things in your life, your friends, sports, your car). It could be fault on either ends, she may feel neglected if you have many things going for you in life. It could be that she has family issues of her own, I'm not sure of the nature of her relationship with your family
Whether or not your family likes her? Sometimes individuals feel distant from an SO's family.If its a family function see if you can bring her along,
that goes for any other events or things in your life, if you include her it will make her feel that she's within the main part of your life.

And I know for some privacy is an issue, for me its the same, I don't let my gf to become part of my business/workside of life,
Such as my financial matters,accounts etc.

But if its one thing that I've said before and will say again is humans need to be accepted, I'm not a psychic I can't read minds, but I've had a friend that has felt the same as your girlfriend
and she was a girl, her boyfriend used to play hockey, hang out with his friends etc. She called me and opened up her heart to me, he was a close friend of mine and she said that she did love him and she said she was
Feeling a little jealous, a bit neglected and a bit insecure of herself, she felt he may be losing interest and at the same time she was feeling unappreciated.

It could be anything, but in a relationship you'll find out on your own and it will help you make an informed decision, but if you do feel like it take a little time and spend it with her, do something nice, it'll make her feel appreciated

And the way I view all relationships is that relationships shouldn't be based on decisions,choices and ultimatums, they should be based on acceptance, understanding and comprimise
Posted via RS Mobile

Last edited by canadianaboy; 12-13-2009 at 08:22 PM.
canadianaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 08:23 PM   #11
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
family first.

/thread literally!

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:08 PM   #12
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

no, shes not making you choose

shes telling you "treat me like im the trophy gf or let me find someone else that will"

any normal person should understand that family is irreplaceable
jackmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 10:30 PM   #13
RS controls my life!

As everyone said, yes family comes first!
you need to tell her that family is important and SHOULD come first (if it isn't obvious
enough)
ra1nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 12:26 AM   #14
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
she sounds like a kid.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:33 AM   #15
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
OP sounds like a kid.

I get the significance of family and all, but you see, sleep and eat with your family everyday. Prioritizing your social life over family every now and then is not going to make you a bad son/brother/cousin.
Posted via RS Mobile
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:56 PM   #16
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

I don't think is the matter of who comes first.....but more like you should have your personal space/time to do what you want?
Right now she can be bitching about your family.....next time you've got work/guy's night out is she gonna bitch about that too?

You need to let her know that she is important but not the only existence in your world.
Sodium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:08 PM   #17
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
There's a chance she might be an attention whore ...
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:07 PM   #18
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
a partner has the potential of becoming family as well. obviously 11 months is too early to put it into that perspective though
there's no first and second. your time, of course, will be divided. as long as it's done in a fair manner, there shouldn't be a problem. if there is, maybe she's got some things to figure out
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 08:09 AM   #19
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

family first... good luck man
Asphalt Junkiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 09:06 AM   #20
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dachinesedude View Post
the girl probably has a bad relationship with her family

anyways for me its always family first, even a wife can leave your ass, family will always be there
This is probably true. I have a friend whose gf has a bad relationship with her family. Sometimes when he goes to see his family or grandparents she gets mad and tells him he can't go and says he can only see them like 2 times a month or something.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote