REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:25 PM   #1
RS controls my life!

Anyone worked for FICOM?

Have a friend lined up for an interview and wonder what it's like to work at FICOM (Financial Institutions Commission), the provincial agency that regulates real estate, brokers, insurance, pension plan, etc.

http://www.fic.gov.bc.ca/

Anyone heard any good or bad things from there? Any interview tips? (apprantely there are going to be calculations and stuff, but don't know what).. TIAhttp://www.revscene.net/forums/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=6728039
Advertisement

Last edited by ASG111; 12-14-2009 at 06:49 PM.
ASG111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:27 PM   #2
I am Hook'd on RS

went through the interview last year! It was for a co-op position so I don't know how relevant this will be...

The written component consist of some financial ratio analysis which you have to use excel to complete. Formulas were given so it was simply a matter of interpretating the results. A memo was then requested to communicate your findings to your boss. Nothing too challenging!

Then you go through the actual interview which consists of around 10 predetermined questions!

Best of luck! I wish I could give you more info! I went through the whole interview and the criminal record check and everything! Then the government decides to cut this position because of the recession!

=(
.N.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:25 AM   #3
Unauthourized Spammer

It depends on the job within that organization.

Some of the jobs are very medial and boring to me since they revolve around a lot of rules, regulations etc. There are some elements that might be interesting such as presenting cases, setting some regulations etc, but again that would depend on the person's capacity.

Generally, and no offense, but if someone has to ask about the job, chances are, they aren't familiar and are going to be in a boring ass job within that organization for a long time.

I personally would kill myself if I had a job like that but keep in mind I'm bias due to personal preferences.

It's a great job if you want to get your feet wet but not somewhere I'd suggest staying IMO.
Chuck Norris is offline   Reply With Quote