REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   First Aid Certification (https://www.revscene.net/forums/599703-first-aid-certification.html)

Girl 12-14-2009 09:08 PM

First Aid Certification

Generally how much is it to take the course? The Standard First Aid cert.

Besides St. John's where's another place to get certified?

I'm trying to find some price quotes and nothings showing up. I'm trying to enroll a small group of people into it for an organization or possibly just 1-2 people.

LemonH2O 12-14-2009 09:13 PM

Douglas College
Red Cross

I had to take First aid with CPR AED to complete my registration as a Personal Trainer, I shopped around and called around, St. Johns was the cheapest.

Girl 12-14-2009 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LemonH2O (Post 6728318)
Douglas College
Red Cross

I had to take First aid with CPR AED to complete my registration as a Personal Trainer, I shopped around and called around, St. Johns was the cheapest.

Thanks. How much did they quote you for?

LemonH2O 12-14-2009 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Girl (Post 6728322)
Thanks. How much did they quote you for?

I already took it a few months back. If I remember correctly, I paid $160 (taxes included, handbook included) for the 2 day course. First day (Sat) was ONLY standard first aid, Sunday was the CPR AED. A few people were only there for the first day for the First Aid, I'm assuming it would be cheaper for just first aid. Give them a call tomorrow, I can't seem to find the page on their site that listed all the prices.

Kilinim 12-14-2009 09:59 PM

I know the City of Surrey offers a bunch of first aid courses. I just took a four hour CPR C AED re certification course and it was only $50 through the City of Surrrey. Standard First Aid is a 2 day course through Surrey and costs around $80-$100. I'm sure other cities offer these courses through their rec centers. If you tell them you're organizing a group session they may even give you a discounted group rate.

kitsune 12-14-2009 10:20 PM

Red Cross Standard First Aid with CPR is usually around $160+tax.. but it depends on the location as well.
Whereabouts are you looking to take the course?
If you go to the red cross website and use the course search, they'll show you a list of locations offering the course, and each company will have their website that has the quotes.
I think St. John's is probably the cheapest though, or a community rec. centre.

twitchyzero 12-15-2009 11:58 AM

$30 for a CPR-C /AED with a huge ass group (55ish) with the VFD
or else normally the rate is $40 and they have scheduled sessions.

cheers...highly recommended.